“Not like the other Red Roof Inns where I have stayed.”

Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I am generally fine with a cheap room for business travel to dog shows. I just need it to be safe, clean and provide decent Wi-Fi. This one has a perfect, convenient location. It didn't feel unsafe to me so that was perfect and the Wi-fi was fine. The room was cleaned well but the comforters on the beds were old, wrinkled, stained and had cigarette burn holes in them. We turned the tv on to find 100 channels of grey static. When we called the front desk about it we were told there have been recurring problems with cable on the first floor and they could move us to the second floor or give us a credit for about $10 off the room. We wanted a ground floor so we just took the credit. The mattress and sheets were clean but the bed was incredibly uncomfortable. I can generally sleep anywhere but had a really hard night here. My back and hips ached all night in this bed and I woke up stiff. Also this was a no smoking room but reeked of cigarette smoke as soon as we walked in. I know the hotel has little control over what the guests do behind closed doors but maybe housekeeping could air the room out during the day. We got used to the smoke smell in about twenty minutes. The toilet also flushes so weakly that it takes two or three flushes just to get a small amount of toilet tissue to go down. Clerk at the front desk was super nice. Maid was nice and did a good job cleaning. It was just not a good experience. We like a cheap room but I am not sure I would stay again... mainly because of the aches and pains and lack of sleep from the bed but the lack of cable didn't help.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank TajaSiberians
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and provide some great feedback. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I am sure you could see during your visit that we are going through an extensive renovation and have since replaced the mattress sets. Thank you for staying with us and hope you will return next time you're in Flint.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked the Red Roof Inn in Flint Michigan for a one night stay. I initially booked a king room and needed to change to two doubles. They accommodated that request over the phone, no problem. The room was amazing. It included a small fridge and microwave. I believe it has been recently renovated. It was very clean, I don't have a negative comment about the room. They allow pets without any additional charge and there is plenty of grass for the dogs to take care of their business. I would certainly stay at this hotel again. If all Red Roof Inn's were this nice, they would be my go to location for traveling with pets. There is also a nice little Italian restaurant, basically in the same parking lot, as well as a Starbucks. What more could I ask for :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for the review, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. All Red Roof Inn's are pet friendly and don't require a deposit. Hopefully this will encourage you to stay at other Red Roof Inn locations throughout your travel. Please come back and see us!

Jeff Cobb
810.733.1660
i0004@redroof.com

Reviewed 6 April 2014

the rooms are newly remodeled I had a great experience the rooms are very neat and clean, they also offered free wifi and we had a dresser and two tables it was very nice. I would definitely recommend this Inn in hotel 2 family and friends. and I will definitely be staying there again soon as I travel a lot.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for such a nice review of the Red Roof Inn Flint. Yes we are newly remodeled and are very excited about the positive changes to the Inn. The interior has been completed, and if the weather ever gets warm, we will be updating the exterior this Spring and Summer! Come back and see us.

Jeff Cobb
810.733.1660
i0004@redroof.com

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We picked this hotel based on your ranking it #6 in Flint. We stayed one night on Feb. 7th and caught a flight out the next am. Our first room was small and very dated, and the door would not lock, We asked for a second room which was bigger and better but the smoke smell was terrible for a non smoking room. The staff where very helpful and only thing going for this hotel, but the area is sketchy and lobby doors are locked at dark. Two women travelling alone.......I did not feel safe and this should be noted. I put a suitcase against the door and slept with car keys in hand ready to hit the panic button. We would of switched hotels if we had known the area better. My friend and I are well travelled and not usually spooked.

Room Tip: Get a room in the court yard area very well lit at night
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The staff was very friendly the rep Patrick was really cooperative with me on my budget, he went out of his way to find a coupon for me that would be in my price range. The rooms were a little outdated but for what I paid for on a weekend didn't bother me. Besides that he Patrick was great when he checked me in and was very welcoming, which is something a lot of people forget about.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife was flying out of Flint Bishop airport early in the morning so we needed to stay close to the airport. They advertised that they were pet friendly and that was true, but we had asked for and told we had a suite away from the road and the outside noise. When we checked in we were told that the room they said we could have was no longer available, but one just like it was. Well, it was not a suite and it was in front of the building. We heard everyone come and go until 2 am. Rooms are not in good shape and the staff tries but has nothing to work with.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The front staff at night and in the morning were very pleasant. I discovered this property is the third oldest in the chain and is scheduled for remodeling, which it definitely needs. The room contained a flat screen, but the internet signal was weak Both the shower and sink drained well. Remember there is no breakfast on site, just coffee, but several restaurants (fast food)nearby. The price was great. Until this property gets remodeled, I would only recommend it for a business traveler on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
#4 of 17 in Flint
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc

Been to Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport? Share your experiences!