“3am wake up call”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Flint
ontario,canada
“3am wake up call”
Reviewed 8 August 2007

We went over to teh US to do some shopping and decided to stay the night. The motel 6 looked ok, not great, but it was for one night so decided to stay. We asked specifically for a non smoking room, however thr oom we were given smelled of a very strong smoke smell. So we went back to the front desk and they put us in another room with out any problems The room was ok, had a little kitcenette but was pretty basic. We went to bed and were awoken at 3:30 am by the phone. I ignored ti at first but they kept calling so finally I picked it up and it was reception who told me that I was in the worng room! In my half awake state I explained the situation to them and then asked if they really wanted us to move rooms at this time. She said no and hung up on me. Apparently the person who checked us in did not change our room number and then went off shift so the next person working thought the room was empy and tried to put other people in it. I had thought I had heard people trying to get into the room just before the phone rang. So overall not a pleasent experience at this motel.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank eh80

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 September 2003

If you're looking for a place to stay that offers an in room kitchen with stove, fridge and microwave for a great price, this is a steal.
For a $50 deposit you can get dishes, silverware and pots and pans.
Rooms are large but a little worse for wear. Staff was very friendly. I will definitely stay here again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 November 2002

This was my first stay in a US motel, so my only comparison is to hotels in the UK.

The room I stayed in at Motel 6 Flint was superb.

The price was excellent, the service very friendly, helpful and prompt.

First impressions were that I had paid too little.
Large bed, great air con, fridge/freezer, coffee maker, kitchen sink, table with 2 chairs, comfy chair, plenty of clothes storage space, en-suite bathroom, TV with 12 channels inc HBO.

When I walked in I noticed that next to the wash basin and it's huge mirror were a stack of fresh towels in the shape of a pyramid. Little things like this just make the experience feel special.

When I asked reception for some ice for a drink they gave me a huge bowl of it. Nothing like you would get in rip off UK.

The motel is set just off Miller Road with easy access to and from a main Interstate Highways.

Miller has just about every eating place and shop you could ever need, with the Genesee Mall only 2 miles down the road.

I shall definitely be stopping there on my next visit.

Almost makes me ashamed to be British as I pity you guys who come over to the UK and see what extortionate prices you have to pay for inferior service.

I was warned that Flint was not the safest place to visit but at no time did I feel threatened and was made to feel welcome everywhere I went.

Highly recommended.