“Excellent Food, Service, and Restaurant”

Lupe's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 347 Restaurants in Flint
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Always great food and just as great service. Shana is a spectacular server. I do not even have to order, since she knows what I want.

2  Thank Tom B

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I like the food at this restaurant-- it is good solid Mexican food. Stew beef and the salsa are the best things there. Everything else I can get anywhere else, and it would be just as good if not better. I probably will be going elsewhere for my Mexican cuisine from not on because I had very rude service and don't really feel the need to return. I don't need to continue to patronize a place with rude servers if I can get food just as good somewhere else.

4  Thank Jshay71
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This place is not typical of its type in the area. Most Mexican restaurants' menus are virtual duplicates (Lunch Special #1 is always Chili Poblano w/rice and beans, or some such). Lupe's offerings have no red sauce (brown gravy, instead), and do not include Chili Poblano (!), but do include Menudo (!!). According to our server, their menu includes only their own family recipes. Everything that I've tried here was very good, and their chips are the best in the area, and the salsa is outstanding.

Having said that, we would probably visit more often, but this is the only Mexican restaurant in the area (that I know of) that charges extra for the chips and salsa, and as good as they are, I have a hard time getting past that. I love Menudo, and always order it, but more often than not, they are out of it. Apparently, they prepare it once a week, and run out within a couple of days. I guess we'll just have to visit earlier in the week. On this last visit, I wasn't particularly hungry, so with the unavailability of the Menudo, I ordered a beef tamale and beef taco a la carte, and they were very good, with their outstanding brown gravy on the tamale.

3  Thank Frederick B
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Awesome food...awesome service...highly recommended. They have the best chips and salsa and my kids always ask to go lupe's! We love the waitresses they are always so sweet and get us whatever we need...even extra apple sauce for my picky son! You will love this place...best in town!

2  Thank Alikappa
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The food was fine - not excellent - but better than decent ... Perhaps a bit bland and definitely more pricey than comparable restaurants. Our issues were with our server. After I spilled my Coke in the chips/salsa appetizer (not complimentary - as at many Mexican restaurants - but nearly $4 a basket), she took the basket away and neither gave nor offered a replacement. This small token would have brought us back to Lupe's. Lacking it, we will not be back.

3  Thank MCSEZ