“Lasagna! Pizza! Delish!”

Latina
Ranked #27 of 351 Restaurants in Flint
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My family lives just down the road from Latina's and we have to go there Every Time we visit! The pizza, antipasta salad, and lasagna are a must. Very authentic and VERY cheesy! Portions are enough to share but worth every cheesy bite! And yes, the reviews are correct, you definitely don't go there in a hurry but the food is worth it.

2  Thank Kuhllikethat

Reviewed 9 August 2013

When I went in around 4:30 pm the place was dead except for servers. I ordere two burgers and the family antipasta and the guy told me if would be $37 and 30 minutes...and it was. The burgers was tasty and the antipasta had some great cheese and very fresh veggies. Portions were very generous. All in all a bit pricey and the wait was too long but the food was good. If I had to do it again and I was near the airport, I would probably return, but wouldn't go out of my way.

1  Thank DevilWdtGA
Reviewed 13 June 2013

An ethnic Italian restaurant, but food taste like home cooked (not mass produced). They specifically do the cooking and ingredients as per your instruction (if any you have). Quantity of the food is more than an ordinary person consume. In our case two could eat one dish. Food was very satisfying to excellent. We were a team of 11, and ordered various items. Almost in half hour all ordered items were served. I will recommend this place to anybody who comes to Flint to taste Latin-Italian food. Tips were included in the bill.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We frequently dine at Latina's because their food is very good! We drive by at least 5 other Italian eateries to get to this one.

However, our last two visits (September 2012) have been somewhat disaapointing, not because of the food, but rather because of the host that 'greets' you at the door and takes you to a table. This young man (blonde, maybe early 20's?) has no personality, makes minimal eye contact and generally gives the impression of:
"What do are you doing here? Because you showed up,now I have to actually work".

When you enter the restaurant he will say "How many?" then gather the appropriate number of menus and simply walk away from the guests. If you follow he will lead you to a table, casually drop all of the menus in a pile and simply walk away without uttering another word nor making any eye contact or even offering so much as a smile. His attitude can best be described as sullen (I think even hostile, but my wife insists I draw the line at 'antisocial"). As we sat waiting for our meals I observed that his performance was very uniform for all the patrons, not just us.

The last time we visited my wife insisted that we not simply get up and walk out before we even ordered (as I wished to do) after yet again experiencing this young man's totally unprofessional demeanor in "seating" us. If he doesn't like his job, he should quit! Maybe his parents own the restaurant? Thankfully the wait staff was much better and salvaged the experience for us. It's a shame that management allows this young man to set such a negative impression when people enter the restaurant.

So, when I grade the "service" below I am referring to the wait staff. When I grade the "atmosphere" below I am referring to the host.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Best italian food in town! Wait staff is attentive and friendly. Good value for your dollars here.

Been to Latina? Share your experiences!