“2nd Chance”

Lotus Room
Ranked #19 of 351 Restaurants in Flint
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I am used to eating Chinese food in Toronto, so I'm very picky about my Chinese food. I gave this place a second chance since the first time wasn't impressive. I will definitely come back!

2  Thank HNass

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Definitely worth going to. The sort of place you pass by and wonder, "is it some place I should stop?" YES!!

1  Thank KEdwards25
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Flint, Michigan one night and found the flyer and Trip Advisor reviews for this chef/owner run restaraunt. Restaraunt is so out of place in a strip mall, business park area, adjacent to a popular motorcycle drop in bar. This is what makes it a little gem. Decor is unispiring as is the location.
With only ten or so tables, service is easily attentive and easy employing young local girls.
As a patron who despises Cantonese/Mandarin restaraunts who serve chicken balls, chop suet, the menu, albeit concise is authentic. Dishes on the menu are done extremely well. Flavour and spice on the Korean dish and spicy garlic shrimp was solid. Mongolian chicken was a little under flavoured but respectful. Had to ask for chopsticks but Chinese tea offered up front in hot weather was an expected standard.
Surprise desert offering was a deep fried pastry cheesecake. Mmmm.
For a small place and very quiet patronage I would welcome the owner interacting with his patrons as a special personal touch. 4/5 for us.

1  Thank drizzt1970ca
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The Lotus Room is a small storefront restaurant in an out of the way strip mall but it's worth discovering. Its bright and cheery room holds ten tables which are far enough apart that conversation is possible The hostess was cheerful and friendly and went out of her way to make us feel welcome. She was extremely proud of the freshness of the food she would be serving.
Not a huge menu but everything necessary for a Chinese dinner. The food came out quickly. Portions were HUGE. (Enough for three meals.) and very tasty. When I mentioned that I loved fortune cookies and that I would be taking my left overs home for lunches, the hostess brought me a big handful of fortune cookies so that she said I would have a complete meal the next day This will definitely become our favorite Chinese place for the quality of the food and the service.

1  Thank dayoppermom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

What a pleasant surprise. We'd been traveling and were staying at a nearby inn. We were just "fastfood'd out" and wanted something a little more healthy. What we found was a menu that offered choices that were not only more healthy, but tastier as well. It took awhile to make a choice, not because the menu is large-it is in fact rather limited-but the offerings were so creative and I wanted to try them all. My wife and I both enjoyed our meals immensely.

Lotus Room is small in size, but huge in delivering a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Jim1208

Been to Lotus Room? Share your experiences!