“Passed the taste test”

Dining options: Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Passed the taste test”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have a benchmark for Italian restaurants. First, there is my favorite wine, if they serve it, then it's a plus for them! My second bench mark if my favorite dish...gnocci ...a little harder to find and last a good cannoli or spumoni ice cream for desert. Italia Gardens had 2 out of 3...no gnocci, but that's not unusual.
We started with a glass of wine, chilled just right. The dinner includes a salad...not you plate of lettuce with a cucumber, but a real Italian salad with a great house Italian dressing. This salad was fresh and had everything that is usually found in an Italian salad. A huge bowl is set on the table for self serve. They bring bread too...not your usual little loaf of hard crust hidden in a napkin, but a mountain of fresh baked bread. It looks like a giant Italian "knot", at least the size of a volley ball....well maybe not quite that big. Warm and delicious. Really, the salad and bread would have been a meal! We tried the Sausage Sampler for an appitizer, this too, with the bread and salad would have been more than enough...but we continued the experience with entrees as well. I chose the blush linguini with a meat ball. Another neat feature, you can order your meat on the side, sold by the serving. One meat ball...1 dollar. The pasta was tender and the sauce a misture of alfredo and their regular sweet red...very good. The meat ball was moist and tasted of a traditional mixture of pork and beef or veal, but I'm not sure on the content. My husband had a combination plate, lasagne and a parmesan combination. He made a happy plate so I'm guessing it was all good! He shared a bite of the lasagne and I'll admit, it rivaled mine...which is a complement from me. The Cannolis were good, but I've had better.
The service was pleasant, and the prices reasonable $40.00 for all the food I described and 4 glasss of wine. I've been in resaturants where that would have been the wine bill alone!
If I get back to Flint and have time for dinner, The Italia Garden will be on my list. Oh yes...kids eat free on Monday night!

• Visited August 2014

“By far my favorite Italian Restaurant!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family has been eating here for decades! (seriously at least thirty years) The pasta and ribs are always consistently delicious! I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal eating at Italia Gardens. I have also visited their Davison and Oxford locations and all three are equally delicious. We regularly order their "family pans" of pasta to-go which are very reasonably priced and include fresh wood oven baked bread and a salad. So yummy I wish I had some mostaccioli with their famous sweet tomato sauce right now!

Visited July 2014
“Sweet Sauce - Wonderful Food”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The cheese ravioli is outstanding! It swims in sweet pasta sauce and is covered with delicious slightly browned cheese. I had the BBQ Chicken pizza on an earlier visit and it was outstanding as well. The only negative I have from my visit is the salad. The tomatoes were over-ripe and the other contents were unappealing. I did like the tomato based salad dressing and I used the left over bread for caramel french toast later that week.

• Visited July 2014
Sarnia, Canada
“Hungry”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

we were hungry, and having been before but my travellers not decided to stop here as I knew we could all b fed. Everyone was satisfied and they said they would be back. Service was friendly and prompt, food was excellent, choices/selection were in abundance however GF pasta was all they had for offering. but substitutions and add ins were no problem and they were very accommodating to all suggestions. If you are in the neighborhood - stop in. tons of food for excellent prices with leftovers to boot.

• Visited July 2014
Flint, Michigan
“A Flint legend - best Italian Food.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Italia Gardens is excellent. The service is good and above all, the FOOD is excellent. You get home baked loaves of bread before the meal. The portions are enormous and very filling. If driving through, a worthwhile stop off Miller Rd.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Michael J

Been to Italia Gardens of Flint? Share your experiences!