“Great Tasting Indian Food”
Review of Grill of India

Grill of India
Ranked #19 of 347 Restaurants in Flint
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Have gone there a few times with Indian friends who have chosen it. Never disappointed. Great food and service in a clean restaurant.

1  Thank Tom B

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We can't believe we did not know about this "jewel" as we have lived near Flint our whole lives!! The food is excellent as is the service. Went for the buffet, on a Wednesday evening, to find out the buffet is at lunchtime! : ( We were still very pleased with everything we ordered off the menu. There were four of us, so we ordered six different things, all of which were fabulous! Must try!!

3  Thank welikelunchout
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have been eating here before the current owners purchased it. I have NEVER been disappointed!
I am super fussy about Indian food quality and authentic flavour.

For me, I do not eat hot foods. A tiny nip is ok but I have always been able to ask the servers about the "hotness" of the foods on the buffet and get honest answers.
Everyone I have taken there has raved about the food!

On occasion I have stopped for take out Pakora as a road trip snack. It has always been great! A variety of veggies too.

It is always clean. Linen tablecloths & napkins.
Restrooms have always been clean.
On Sunday afternoon it is a busy mix of Indians & their families as well as Americans and the energy is great if you enjoy the warmth of the culture.

Everyone, owner & staff have always been friendly & nice to myself and guests I have taken here.
I would not hesitate to take anyone here anytime!
I feel the prices are reasonable.
The decor is nice too!
We drive 45 minutes to eat here!

4  Thank UberLiciousVintage
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I am so beyond happy Grill of India is in Flint. My boyfriend and I go to the lunch buffet at least once a week. We have an on going inside joke that if they ever go out of business or relocate, that is when it's time for us to pack our bags and move. It's seriously that good. We're both vegetarians and have never felt limited by selections in this place, which is uncommon in most restaurants. I can honestly say I have not been disappointed with anything ive ever tried here. Some of my favorite dishes are the sag paneer, mushroom masala, and the dal curry.Their papads are also delicious! The waiters are always genuinely nice. One thing I've noticed is their food puts you in really a great mood afterwards. I'm always all smiles when I leave this place and for the rest of the day. I think thats a good sign about how nourishing the spices and ingredients they use are. One last thing.. I suggest coming to the lunch buffet during the week as its more expensive on the weekends.

1  Thank Purplehummus
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Traveling through Flint, this was a great find. We tried all dishes and they were all tasty with good spice level.

1  Thank ChrisinNH

Been to Grill of India? Share your experiences!