“Nice surprise”

Super 8 Flint Miller Rd/Airport
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super803305, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Flint Miller Rd/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our family was shocked to find bed bugs on the second floor. Woke up in the middle of the night with bites - turned my phone on to catch a big one under the mattress. I caught it for proof and showed the desk clerk. Our family was out the door at 4:00am.

I emailed the GM and have not heard a word.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Super803305, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Flint Miller Rd/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Sorry for any inconvenience the issues found in the room during your stay may have caused..
We have Spoken to you on the phone regarding this matter and have Refunded back the price of one room.

Management Super8
Flint Mi

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had the unfortunate experience of encountering bed bugs... after travel throughout Europe /Asia and of course U.S and Canada... we have never had such an unpleasant experience.
I am a light sleeper and was anxious staying here in the first place but decided it would be fine since we had an early morning flight...tbc.
Upon arriving the desk clerk Nichole had trouble processing my room, even though the original booking was through Booking.com, While waiting I asked to ensure we had a non-smoking room
and she informed me it was a non smoking hotel, I told her people were smoking on the second floor.if was quite obvious. I was in bed... a newly renovated room... however no mattress pro
tection... dirty chairs and floor etc....I was awoken buy a bite of some sort.... X2 using my cell phone light to look at the sheet I was shocked to see 2 smallish bugs scoot away, I managed to catch one and brought it in the bathroom to look at it..... as I was trying not to alarm my 90 yo mother who was sleeping in the other bed.
This happened again I got up and moved the mattress aside and was horrified to find a few mature bed bugs scoot away.... Again caught one and tried to squish it and save it ... woke everyone up and said we are leaving.... the front desk clerk said its not a bed bug but a flea....which I have ensure you it was NOT... my husband contacted the manger RJ the following day and she also insisted it was a flea...... she did compensate the 1 room and I appreciate that however it was a very unsettling experience and we were ALL INCONVIENCED and grossed out.
Please be wise when choosing the motel....and heed this review.
I have nothing to gain from this but SUPER 8 should beware.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

**Duplicate**Guest Review. please See Previous Post.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Let me first say that two people made this stay a lot more pleasant than I anticipated: Yaeko and RJ! I want to give them special thanks as they were among the nicest, most professional, and most helpful hospitality workers I have ever had the pleasure of meeting... and I've stayed at some five star hotels before! I only ended up at this hotel because EVERY hotel was sold out (thanks to two separate special events going on) AND Expedia overbooked my original hotel (something I didn't find out about until I tried to check in) which left me scrambling for a hotel room. This Super 8 is what was left. In fact, this hotel would probably be considered lower than the places I typically stay when traveling (Holiday Inn and Embassy Suites primarily) which made the stay that much more surprising.

For starters, the hotel is very clean even if it is a little old. The cleaning staff is reliable, thorough, and cordial. Every morning, you can see various other cleaning personnel out around the property cleaning the parking lot, garbage cans, and other outside areas. I haven't even seen this at some higher end hotels where cleanliness generally stops at the door.The rooms themselves are also clean and comfortable. They also aren't as dated as the hotel itself as it is apparent that money has been spent updating the look and feel of the rooms. As a budget hotel, it was A LOT cleaner and professional than I expected which is a credit to the staff and management! I travel to Flint occasionally and the last time I was here, I stayed at the Holiday Inn off of Robert T. Longway which is a nice hotel. That said, I would DEFINITELY consider staying at this Super 8 again! Yes I realize that there is a big jump down from Holiday Inn to Super 8 but I can not stress how important friendly employees and clean facilities are! That's not to say that the Holiday Inn wasn't clean or it's employees weren't friendly; it's just that, for the price, Super 8 was way cleaner and had much more friendly employees than could normally be expected. That is also why I gave this Super 8 five stars. When I stay at Embassy or Holiday, I EXPECT a certain level of services and cleanliness and they generally meet it. Likewise, when I stay at a Super 8, I expect a certain level of service and cleanliness... but THIS Super 8 EASILY surpassed that! Thanks again Yaeko and RJ! You both are awesome... keep up the good work!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Super803305, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Flint Miller Rd/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thanks for the Very Positive Review And Awesome Feedback and comments about the Staff at this Super 8 Location in Flint Mi. We all try to go above and beyond what our guest Expect from our Staff.
We look forward to Serving your Hotel needs in the future travels,

Super8 Flint
James G
Front Desk

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This motel was reasonably priced but not worth the quality of the facilities. The internet made it look and sound like a really nice motel. It was nothing more than average, at best. The picture of the breakfast area looked like a nice, big room with tables and chairs. in actuality, it was in the small lobby with 2 small tables... very inconvenient and cramped. Internet said fridge and microwave in every room... we had no microwave. She said there was a lounge chair in the room... there was not.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naomi C
Super803305, General Manager at Super 8 Flint Miller Rd/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thanks for Writing a review for our property.
We're undergoing some Renovations currently at our property here in Flint. Sorry for any inconvenience's this may have caused while you stayed with us. Please Feel free Visit once again and let us provide a better stay for your next Visit.

Super8 Flint Management

Reviewed 13 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Patrick K
Super803305, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Flint Miller Rd/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The staff member at the front desk, James, was extremely helpful with a problem I had with my car and boat trailer. When I pulled up to the Super 8 Flint / Bishop Airport at 3033 Claude Ave., my trailer brakes malfunctioned and locked up. James noticed through the front window of the motel that I was experiencing difficulty and, during check in, offered knowledgeable and relevant suggestions to help. Further, James later took initiative to look online for possible solutions to my trailer problem, and came up with some more ideas. Eventually, we diagnosed the problem and solved it with a bit of electrical tape and a couple electrical connectors he got from the maintenance room. I was fortunate that it wasn't too busy a night, (Monday) at this motel, and James was able to go 'above and beyond the call of duty' to help save the day. He even stayed after his shift was over to come outside to assist me with the repair. I'll be on my way, safe and sound in the morning after a good rest.
Thanks James, and thanks Super 8 Flint / Bishop Airport!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TdougS
Super803305, General Manager at Super 8 Flint Miller Rd/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thanks for the Positive Feed back towards one of our Front Desk Agents "James" We at the Flint Super8 Airport Location Strive to go above and beyond to Make our guest happy and Feel at home while Traveling. We look forward to seeing you again in future travels in the area.
Once Again thanks for choosing Flint Super8.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Super 8 Flint Miller Rd/Airport? Share your experiences!