“Beg Bugs. Please stay away!!!”

Rodeway Inn Airport
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Our two families were sleeping until around 1am when we were awoken by our friends daughter screaming. We went inside and saw 20-30 bed bugs crawling on her pillow. Our daughter had been in that bed a few hours before!!. We checked our room and there were a few smaller ones on our bed.We got our money back and went onto our other hotel in Birch Run. Thankfully there were two rooms available. The fella at the front desk was not very helpful although he had no authority to do anything.

They even had a BED BUG code in the computer for a reason why you were leaving early

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Bobcagen

Reviewed 30 August 2010

I had checked the reviews on this hotel and they seemed a 50/50 mix so I decided to give it a shot. We checked in about 4 pm the girl that was working was very friendly and helpfull with directions and places to eat. The room was very clean, I wasnt afraid to take my shoes off and walk around. It had a great clean over size walk in shower. We had no complaints...yet. We unpacked, cleaned up and went to dinner, just as we walked back into the loby the fire doors slammed shut and alarms started ringing. We went back out to the parking lot and saw smoke coming from a vent and later found out the laundry room was on fire. The hotel was evacuated and we spent 2 hours in the parking lot with all the other guests while the fire department took care of things. About 9:30 we were told guests from floors 1 and 2 could go back to their rooms and once the fire dept was through checking the third floor those people could go back. We were on the 2nd floor so we went back in showered, checked our e-mail ( internet conection was really slow and bad) and in general just relaxed. 11 pm I went out for a smoke and got some shopping bags from the car, on my way I passed the owner/managers wife in the loby and commenented that I was assuming it was ok to use the loby door now. On my way back in I had bags with me and nodded a hello to a worker that was trying to clean up water. Went to bed about midnight and at 12:30 we had a knock on the door just as it was opening and it was a worker asking what we were doing in there. She was very rude and told us we had to get out they had a fire. Well duh, we told her we had been told hours earlier to go back to our rooms. We were never told we had to leave just that it was safe and ok to go back in. She again was very rude and said she would go get someone but we had to get out. We quickly got dressed and just crammed everything into our bags and went down to the loby. By now I had steam coming from my ears, I understand the fire and things they are not in control of, I am ok with that but just over an hour earlier I had passed the owners wife and a worker and they said nothing to me. Almost 1 am where do we go now?!? It took about 20 minutes for another worker to try and figure out how to credit my visa then he just ended up transfering the payment to the hotel next door. A Quality Inn that was owned by the same person.... a hotel that costs more and was in bad shape. The original place we were at probably would have gotten a good review had it not been for the poor treatment and orginization of the workers. We were not the only ones they found and were kicking out at 1 am, why did they not make sure everyone was cleared out and sent next door hours earlier. I would not recoment staying at either of these hotels, the second one was dirty with iffy air conditioning and busted lamps. The owner also had no problem with tossing his own reservation policy aside when he gave all his reserved rooms away to the " fire victims" so my guess is there were a lot of mad people throughout the night

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Miss49707
Reviewed 24 March 2010

If I ever had a horrible hotel stay, this was it. The carpet in the room was sticky and filthy, there was white smeary stuff on our window. The bed was hard, lumpy, and not comfortable. I checked in at 3:30, and checked out at 6:30 the same day. I couldn't stay in this disaster pit. The pool was overcrowded with their employees and their familiesm who were obviously having a children's birthday party. The whirlpool had about 20 kids surrounding it, and the water was brown and nasty. I wouldn't have gotten in even if there wasn't a crowd of people swarming this area. I complained to the front desk, it was obvious they didn't care. I finally had to call Choice Hotels International, and was credited with extra points. I would definitly NOT recommend this junky dive to anyone. I will spend more money next time and stay in Grand Blanc, the area is nicer and not too far from Flint.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Jasper121
Reviewed 23 March 2010

hotel was gross, pool was being fixed however that is the only good thing, breakfast was small stall, internet slow, tvs not good mattress was uncomfortable, rooms stink, dingy, bed bugs!!!!!!!! i would not recommend this hotel to a stray dog!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chole1
Reviewed 20 March 2010

My friends and I had a great time. No hassles at check in and great breakfast too. The beds were very comfortable and the showers were great. I would recommend to a friend or family member.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2010

I took a nap and awoke to find a bed bug crawling on my shirt. Shortly after I spotted another one on the wall. Opening up the bed sheets I spotted black dots indicative of blood spots that did not wash out, proving there were bed bugs in the entire hotel. On the back of our room receipt printed on recycled paper was a page from a fax solicitation from an exterminator to help with the hotel's "beg bug epidemic". This was dated two weeks prior to our Thanksgiving weekend arrival. The manager offered no refund to us. In fact he accused us of bringing in the bugs, something the above fax copy proves he knew was a totally false accusation. He told us to stay somewhere else the next time. I wrote to Choice Hotels who said that each of their hotels is independently owned and that the manager's response was the final word on the subject. Wrong! This is the final word! Don't stay at any Choice Hotels property as they do not take responsibility for the horrible conditions at their properties and definitely do not stay at the Sleep Inn in Flint. Imagine such an insect infestation and management who knowingly had guests stay in such conditions! Deplorable!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank travelUSAoften
Reviewed 27 November 2009

I booked on Priceline and thought I was getting a steal. Well the carpet was sticky dirty in the room and the bed was awfull. I would steer clear of here.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo