“Love it.”
Review of Holiday Inn Flint

Holiday Inn Flint
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husbands work has there holiday party here every year, and it is amazing. The food is very good, the staff are wonderful. The facility is very clean, it is nice that the banquet center has it's own separate entrance so you don't have to go through the whole hotel. It's always nice to get a room in case you want to have some alcohol.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Amanda, thank you for your feedback regarding your May stay at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area! I will share your comments with the rest of the staff and we look forward to hosting you and your husband at his works holiday party this year. We value your business!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was a last minute stay the second time I have been there in 2 months and I can say they really try to do there best.
The first time I was there last year it was not very good considering the cost and unkempt conditions of the hotel since then they have improved but are limited in what they can do with an older building
I was upgraded without asking for it and the Hotel food while not spectacular was improved and warm. I never did get the promised additional reward points for my February Stay because food was quality was not great but they tried very hard to please there guests .

This past weekend just a couple of glitch's I asked for a coffee pot for the coffee maker twice never got it. I noticed there is not a service elevator for housekeeping so they had to use Guest elevators...I think they should have let the Guests use the elevator while they waited for a free elevator...This irritated some that were waiting

Room Tip: Do not stay in the rooms close to the pool unless you have kids
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Paul, thank you for your comments regarding your 2nd stay experience at our hotel. We value all feedback, good or areas of improvement. Although your 2nd experience improved from your previous stay, I still value your feedback regarding your experience with our houskeeping staff and the elevators. I will be sure to share your comments with our Director of Housekeeping. I hope that you will consider our property again should your travels bring you back to the area. We want to earn your business!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed here for a night. Took the free shuttle from the airport and the driver was very nice. Check in was quick and easy and front desk staff is also friendly and welcoming. My room was typical of a Holiday Inn and included a Flat Screen TV and a desk area. Free Wireless was easy to use and worked well for me. Bathroom was spacious with plenty of counter space, and shower was good. Elevators are a little on the slow side and the carpet in my room had a few stains. There is a workout room with a few machines and also an indoor pool. Also has a restaurant, but I did not eat there. There is also a little market next to the front desk where you can purchase a soda, chips, cereal, etc.

Room Tip: If you need quiet, ask for a room away from the elevators as they can be a little loud.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank theokitty916
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear February Guest, thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We value your feedback and will take a look at the elevators to ensure they are working properly. We will also notify our Housekeeping department of the carpet and get those areas cleaned. We hope that you will consider us again on future visits to the area!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

When we booked this hotel, we only intended to stay 1 night while we were in town visiting relatives. However, the weather turned nasty, dumping 17" of snow overnight, so we ended up staying a 2nd night. The staff was more than accomodating, even offering our family of 5 a free breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant one morning. The pool area was very nice, much larger than any hotel we have stayed at in recent years. You could tell that the hotel had been renovated in the last few years, as the furnishings still looked clean and up to date. Our room was spotless and the beds comfy. The only thing I wished was that there had been room for a roll away bed in our room. We booked the 2 double bed room, and entered online that we'd have 5 people in our room. However, because the room lacked floor space for a roll away, our youngest had to sleep on a blow-up mattress on the floor. Fortunately, I had called the hotel ahead of time and found out that I would need to bring this with me, or he would have been on blankets on the floor. Though we generally like to find hotel rooms that offer each of our family members a bed to sleep on, we would consider staying here again, since the price was better than comparable hotels in the area. Oh, and speaking of the area, the area in which this hotel is located is the safest area you will find in the Flint metro.

Room Tip: We were in room 308, which was nice because you could look down on the pool area, but not have direc...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay considering the unfortunate outside elements. I will be sure to share your feedback with the Hotel Staff and we look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you to our area!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I had reserved 7 rooms for a family memorial service for my mother-in-law. I started out with 4 rooms, went to 8 and then back to 7. All of this in a matter of 10 days, the front desk staff was very pleasant the entire time. When we arrived all of the rooms were ready. All of the staff of the hotel were very pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear GCourter, thank you for your feedback regarding your family's stay at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area. Our condolences go out to you an your family for your loss and glad that found our staff accommodating and friendly to your family during this difficult time. We hope that you will consider us again should your travels bring you back to the area. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed four nights at this beautiful Hotel and will definitely be back. My wife came to stay with me for two nights along with our two, four legged kids. From the restaurant to the front desk, we say thank you, thank you, thank you. Definition of a Hotel, an establishment that provides lodging and usually meals, entertainment, and various personal services for the public. It should say," see Flint Holiday Inn"
Thanks again
Tim and Lori

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear December guest, thank you for your feeback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre. I will be sure to share your wonderful experience with the rest of the staff! We look forward to hosting your next visit to the Grand Blanc/Flint area! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

When I opened the door to my fourth floor room, I was assaulted by the stench of chlorine. Turns out the window didn't overlook the outdoors but rather the swimming pool below. The smell was overpowering and there was nothing I could do. I had an important presentation to give early in the morning and hadn't slept much the night before so planned to turn in early to get some rest. Impossible. The raucous kids playing in the pool might as well have been behind a curtain. And the pool was open for children until 10:30 p.m. The hotel staff were very nice but couldn't move me as the hotel was booked. They asked the kids to quiet down, but that only lasted about 10 minutes. Besides, they shouldn't have to quiet down. It's a pool and they're kids. The problem is the design of the building. Windows that don't look outdoors? Poor design. Ventilation that sucks chlorinated pool air into rooms? Poor design. Rooms without real sound barriers to an area where children play? Poor design.

Room Tip: Make sure your room doesn't overlook the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre. We have a variety of room types that feature poolside, Dome side, and exterior side to accommodate all of our guests needs. We hope that you will consider us again when looking for accommodations in the Flint/Grand Blanc area. We want to earn your business!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
0 mi away
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Flint? Share your experiences!