“Great stay, great staff, great price”

Holiday Inn Express Flint
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Pomfret, Connecticut
“Great stay, great staff, great price”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My sister and I were road tripping with 4 kids in a mini-van. We arrived late at night (and after many miles) in Flint and did a search to find a reasonably priced place. We couldn't have been more please with the Holiday Inn Express. The staff was so nice and accommodating, the rooms were clean, the bathroom was clean (and had a great shower head/water pressure), breakfast was included and was more varied than we had expected - and all for under $100!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had to stay while a family member was in critical condition at Hurley. The staff here was so pleasant. The shuttle took me to and from the hospital and the breakfast kept me going. Thanks to everybody who prayed for my family and put a smile on my face during this difficult time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights from August 1st to 4th.

Check in
Everything went smoothly, front desk had the room keys pre-made to make the process even quicker than usual.

Room
The room was clean, bathroom had been recently updated, air conditioner worked well, fridge and microwave were current.

Bed
The king sized bed was clean. Sheets changed daily and was very comfortable!

Staff
The staff at this hotel is the real reason I am taking the time to write this review. They were amazing from checkin to breakfast to check out. When we forgot to grab milk for my toddlers bedtime bottle they went Into the breakfast kitchen to get one for me. They also saw us coming to the back door with our hands full and rushed over to get us through the controlled entrance. If I could do more than 5 stars I would just because of the staff!

Breakfast
This is more than the average breakfast and definitely more than a Continental. Lots of cereals, breads. Juices, cinnamon buns. Fresh pancakes, eggs and sausages.

Overall a great stay!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at the property for a week for work. It's a great representation of the brand with the addition of great staff top to bottom. They went above and beyond on a few occasions during my stay and it's clear that they really care about the guests and the guest experience.

Standard hot and cold breakfast options in line with the HI Express brand plus a few additions that I'd not yet come across at other properties - greek yogurt and gluten-free bagels.

When I first told my client where I booked they were concerned about the location of the hotel but I wasn't about to change a few days into my stay. It's a few blocks away from the U of M - Flint campus and I felt perfectly safe walking and running there as a solo female. You have to be a responsible adult and watch your surroundings like you would and other US cities.

There is not much right near the hotel - except the "frat bar" that another reviewer noted. It was summer, so I didn't get to experience that and comment. If you've got some time and want to explore, walk about a half mile through campus to a downtown that seems to be going an interesting revitalization. I walked down there just about every night and found anything from and "urban bbq and beer" join to a hole-in-the-wall beer bar famous for their burgers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It is a Holiday Inn Express, so you know what you are getting, nice new beds, sheets, towels, breakfast etc. This hotel stood out due to the staff. Norma Jean at breakfast was by far the nicest breakfast lady I have ever encountered. She stopped several times to wait on us, bringing my Mom biscuits when they had run out earlier. She removed the dirty dishes from the table. She asked about our trip, etc. She even went out of her way to wish us a safe trip and say goodbye when we checked out an hour later. The front desk staff was nice, the maids went out of their way to say hello and be friendly. They all deserve kudos. But, especially Norma Jean.

I was traveling with my mother and aunt, both in their 70's. We were up late talking, but never heard a sound from the nearby bar or other travelers. I didn't realize there was a bar nearby until we left the next morning (we stayed on a Saturday night).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had a very nice stay, a very comfy bed for all of us, pillows are clean, white and soft including all bath towels, hand towels and face cloths. This hotel has the best service from all staff at this hotel. They all deserve a 5+ rating.

Norma Jean, thank you for your care and attention. You made us feel so much at home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Canada_MyHome
Trevor, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This place does not even deserve 2 stars. It is right next to a frat bar which is loud until 2 or 3 am. The hotel is run down. Our wardrobe had two mis-matched handles and the chair was filthy and stained. We particularly enjoyed being awoken to the sound of someone revving their motorcycle as loud as they could at 1:00 in the morning. Not because they were going anywhere, just because they could apparently.

Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flint, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Doug M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay.

Again, thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Flint hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
#6 of 17 in Flint
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Express Flint? Share your experiences!