“Great Service!!”

Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I called on Saturday knowing they were sold out to ask if they had a cancellation could they call and let me know as I desperately needed a room.

I spoke with Jessica and she assured me they would call if a room becomes available. Yvonne called back later that day to advise you had a room for me. Great service - go the extra mile for you!

We had also called their competition the Residence Inn and were told know they wouldn’t call us if a room opened up, I would need to call them.

Great location, service, clean hotel.

Room Tip: love their rooms with the balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Megan S
Kimberly M, General Manager at Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for posting a review for our property. We appreciate your business and your comments are truly valued. Customer service and satisfaction is our number focus and I am glad to see that my staff was able to assist you in finding a room with us. Thank you so much for your business. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when in the Flint area.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights while on a business trip. Like almost every Courtyard by Marriott I've stayed in, you get what you expect. They have the consistent look and feel down pat.

The lobby has been redone with the new "bistro" style. The room could use a little touching up, but it was fine - not tired or dingy feeling. It was clean, comfortable, and everything was in good condition.

The immediate surrounding area was a mix of commercial office properties, other hotels, and some restaurants. It's about three miles from Bishop International airport in Flint and very close to I-75, so it was extremely convenient.

Room Tip: There's a casual brewhouse/steak restaurant within walking distance that was pretty good. I woul...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Kimberly M, General Manager at Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We appreciate your comments and we are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share the review with to my team. Thank you for choosing our Courtyard. Please come back and stay with us again whenever you are in the Flint area.

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights here while in town for a wedding. Front desk were helpful and very friendly and outgoing. Rooms were nice and comfortable. Extremely quiet! We had a door to the courtyard and enjoyed that. ground floor is wonderful, quick access to parking and no waiting for elevator. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Patsy E
Kimberly M, General Manager at Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for posting such positive comments about our property. Customer service and satisfaction is our number one focus. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you will come back and stay with us again when in the Flint area. NFL season is coming soon and we are running quite a few specials.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

The staff were very accomodating and friendly. Especially the front desk manager Kenny. He advised me to stay on the side of the hotel that was most quiet. He called me by name whenever I came in past the desk .

Room Tip: Stay on the side opposite the highway. It's far more quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank pitt_thompson
Kimberly M, General Manager at Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments made in regards to our front desk associate Kenny. We have a lot of new staffing changes including Kenny and are excited for our guests to meet them. As a new General Manager at this location I look forward to meeting our guests and having the positive changes reflect in our service and quality expectations.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We look forward to your return if in the Flint area.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My hubby and I stayed at this hotel for 4 days when we went to Michigan for my little brother's wedding. The lobby was nice since it was newly upgraded. However, they should have taken that money to updgrade the rooms. The only mirror was over the sink. The room was dusty. The bed was parallel to the dresser where the tv sat. The bed was lumpy as were the pillows. I undetstand that area has a lack of 4 star plus hotels, but I expected better from Marriott. This was not a hotel. It was more like Motel 6 with a nice lobby. Just a terrible room

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank crissa77
Tiffany T, Manager at Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for posting a comment about your experience. I would like to apologize that your experience did not meet your satisfaction. We are in the process of updating the rooms a little at a time. I am sorry that you did not receive one that has been. We are looking into the mattress and pillow situation as well. Please feel free contact to me to discuss this further. Complete customer satisfaction is our focus and comments like yours help us to improve. It is our hope that you will give us the chance to make this up to you when you are in the Flint area again.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel for business. Nice and clean and a very good breakfast included each morning. Would stay here again. I had a second floor room and no problem with noise. Lobby has a bar open as well at night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank leafssfan
Tiffany T, Manager at Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you so much for posting a comment. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in customer service and assisting our guests not only in our lounge but throughout the entire facility. We appreciate your business and hope that you will come and stay with us again next time you are in the Flint area.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

A buddy recommended this hotel for a reunion of a bunch of us who went to college in Flint, and it turned out to be a great choice. The hotel is at the south end of town, very close to both major north/south highways. It is also within walking distance of a passable brewpub.

The staff was pleasant to work with - they supported our gatherings in a nice lounge area. The lounge includes access to food cooked to order, so we got a variety of heavy appetizers delivered by a very helpful staff member.

The facility is in good shape, showing little wear. I appreciated the through-the-wall air conditioning unit because it was pretty quiet, held the temperature really well, and the fan remained running instead of cycling on and off.

The bed was comfortable, the TV was great. I dislike the weird remotes that are often used in hotels that place the "Order" button on top instead of the on/off button - just an annoyance of mine. The room included a small sofa and a desk. There is also a small fridge under the sink. The fridge was cool, not cold, and included no capacity to freeze anything. It was better than not having a cooler, though.

The bath was spotless. The shower included a bow-shaped frame for the shower curtain and a good shower head.

Parking was very convenient.

I arrived on a Friday in mid May. There was a throng of teens that seemed to be parading back and forth through the hotel. They were harmless, but a bit out of place. This did not happen on Saturday night.

I sure missed having access to a free breakfast, but given the choice of breakfast or access to the cooked-to-order food in the lounge, I was glad to have the lounge available.

In short, I would not hesitate to stay at the Courtyard - Marriott if I find myself in Flint again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Robert M

We appreciate your business and are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Customer service is our number one focus. I will be happy to pass on the comments to my staff. Please come and visit us again when in the Flint area.

Kimberly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint

Been to Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!