“Nice Stay”

Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We spent one night here before flying out of Bishop International Airport the next morning. Nice stay. The rooms are very large and beds comfortable. It is only four miles from the airport. The check in service was friendly and quick. Our only complaint was the complimentary breakfast did not start until 7. With an early morning flight we had to leave before breakfast was served.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kimberly M, General Manager at Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for posting all the wonderful comments about our property. We appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to pass this on to my staff. It is so nice to hear that we succeeding in providing the type of customer service that we take pride in. Thank you once again for the positive review.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I am a frequent traveler, and this particular experience was below standard. I started off with waiting for the shuttle at the airport. After I called in and was told a shuttle was right outside, I went to the curb and waited for twenty minutes with no Courtyard shuttle. Being that it was 1130pm, I took a taxi over to the hotel. The lobby was clean and updated, and the greeter was nice enough, although hurrying to get back to her meal. The room was equivalent to a budget motel. There was a lipstick smear on the bedding, and the pillows were extremely uncomfortable. The headboard has seen better days, as someone used some sort of marker to cover up the paint chips in it. And the wake up call..... I asked for a 6am wake up call, and luckily, I woke up naturally at 550am. My Wake Up call finally came in at 7am.
Not exactly what I would expect from a Courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Kimberly M, General Manager at Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for posting the review of our property. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We are looking into the issues that you encountered during your stay with us. I have shared your thoughts with the shuttle service provider as well as the other staff members and noted that I was very disappointing to hear that we failed to provide the service that we take pride in every day. I can assure you that I take every customer response seriously and would like to apologize that your experience was substandard. If you would like to discuss this further I would be happy to speak with you. Please feel free to contact me directly at the property or via email. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that someday we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Visiting family in the area and needed a place to stay with our family of four (+infant). Room was average size. Lobby is extensive with WiFi access. They have a couple of booth/tables with TVs built in which I thought were pretty cool. There is a Bistro that serves in the morning and early evening with some basic but tasty fare (I only had the breakfast). Breakfast was a tad pricey but one expects to pay a tad more in the lobby of the hotel right? There's a small pool/hot tub area. Nothing special but the kids had a good time splashing around after a long day on the road. I found the staff to be very pleasant.

Room Tip: Pool is on the first floor so obviously if you're going to be using the pool ask for floor 1.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Kimberly M, General Manager at Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of our property. We appreciate all your comments. I will be sure to share your review with my staff and thank them for providing the excellent customer service that we take pride in. We hope that you will visit us again if traveling in or around the Flint, MI area.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

It would be nice to have a balcony - one that you could leave the sliding door open at night - but the noise of trucks and cars and smell of smokers below it wasn't an option. Staff are very nice and breakfast is always good. Stayed here about 4 weeks in the last 6 months and it's definitely- among the best in the area.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for posting the comments on your review of our property. I am very sorry that you were not able to use your balcony due to the noise. We do have other areas throughout the hotel which may suit your needs better. We value your feedback and we are looking into way to correct the issues with the smoking. We would appreciate seeing you again in the future if your travel needs require overnight accommodations. Please mention that you would like to be on the southwest side of the building to avoid the highway side. I am so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay as much as previously. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Average hotel BUT my main issue is that they don't even have coffee available for free downstairs. They have a Starbucks and you have to pay for it!

Listen- I know this is a minor issue but I paid $150 for the room and for that price you should at least have coffee......I know they have those little machines in the room but I'm not using those.

Like I said, I know this is a small issue but if all courtyards are going this direction I'm done staying in Marriott properties.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for posting the review of our property. I apologize for the inconvenience of the free coffee. Marriott has chosen to build the Bistro's in our Courtyard to allow our guests to have a fresh, hot, made to order breakfast along with partnering with Starbucks for our fresh brewed coffees and specialty beverages. We do offer a variety of their products including the Blonde Roast for a lighter house blend. We do offer the free coffee (as much as you would like) in the rooms in fact it is the same brand as what we used to have in the lobby. I apologize that this is not acceptable for you. Our in room coffee makers are an individual one cup at a time brewing with no coffee pot needed for additional sanitary protection. Customer service and satisfaction is something that we value strongly and hope that you will reconsider coming back. I would be happy to provide you a cup of our Blonde roast on the house when you return.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family stayed here prior to an early morning flight out of FNT. The nightly rate ($109) was very reasonable considering parking for the duration of our week-long trip was included in the stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the kids enjoyed the small, but otherwise adequate, pool. The shuttle to the airport is shared among the 3 hotels in the office park area, so our preferred time to leave in the morning was full by the time we checked in. This wasn't too much of an issue as we were put on another one that left 20 minutes earlier. The service provided was excellent and very accommodating. Staff were friendly and seemed concerned with guests' satisfaction. Although the breakfast bar wasn't open when we needed to go to the airport, the morning staff provided coffee for us to start the day.

If there was anything that was not perfect, it was the small annoyance that the room air conditioning unit constantly turned on and off throughout the night. There wasn't a way to set the fan to continuously run. Because I'm a light sleeper, this caused me to wake up a few times, but again this was a minor thing and I was able to go back to sleep. The rest of the family slept soundly.

I would definitely stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not face the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kimberly M, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our survey. We appreciate your stay with us. I am very happy to read that your stay was enjoyable. Our customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on. Thank you for noticing and also the feed back about it. We hope you visit us again in the future.

Angela Cockrum

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night as we were taking a flight out the next day. Great location. Really nice staff and felt very safe. The rooms were nice. Standard Hotel room.
Our car was left in the parking lot and we were given a ride to the airport. No issues and no worries.
If I'm ever flying out of Flint again, I would go here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for all of the beautiful comments on the review. We take great pride in our customer service and appreciate knowing that it shows to our guests. We hope that you will come and stay with us again when in the area.

Kimberly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc

Been to Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!