“Ridiculous Noise Level”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Kimball, Michigan
“Ridiculous Noise Level”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stuck in a room adjacent to two small children who have been shrieking since 9pm and it is now midnight. Temper tantrums, door banging, crying and Mommy, Mommy, Mommy is all I have heard for three solid hours and the front desk does nothing despite three requests. Do not stay here if you are traveling on business or are in any way looking for peace and quiet. I will never stay here again and will write the Marriott company directly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Lori B
Karlee C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Lori B,

I am truly sorry about your recent stay with us. I do promise that your requests to our front desk did not go unnoticed. Our general policy on noise complaints is similar to a three strict policy. Our staff did personally contact the room in question twice. After the second request to quiet down the police were called to assist in the matter. It is truly unfortunate that one guest room's lack of consideration can be so disruptive.

I wish that there was a way to predict at check in who will and who won't be noisy, unfortunately there is not. So we have to do our best to handle each noise situation as they arise. Typically, after one warning 80% of our complaints are resolved. I recognize that this explanation in no way remedies the incident you experienced. I would invite you to contact me directly at the hotel (Wednesday-Sunday are the best days to reach me). I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you directly in this matter.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
fostoria, Michigan
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I shared my birthday with my girls and after much research I chose SpringHill. Since I was footing the bill I really couldn't afford some of the other hotels in town. SpringHill's price was perfect and thier web page looked inviting. When we arrived (1/2 hour after check in time) the room still wasn't ready. We got 2 adjoining rooms. the price was somewhat higher than my phone quote when I actually made the reservation but I couldn't prove it so whatever, it was still a better deal. Following a short wait we got into our rooms and one was not acceptable. I really don't want to say what all we found but let's just say no one would have stayed there. The desk staff was very nice and apologetic and did their best to correct the problem and discounted my room to my satisfaction. Regardless, it is still an inconvenience and I was somewhat embarrassed in front of my gals. Once we were finally settled in all was well and breakfast was nice. The other reviews are great and I don't like to discredit a place but it was an unfortunate experience and may never happen again. But I probably will choose to pay a little more next time in town and stay somewhere else. Sorry.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sheree101
Karlee C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear sheree101,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We greatly appreciate you chosing our hotel during your stay in Franknemuth. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the our friendly staff and their efforts to make your stay better. I am greatly sorry that cleanliness of the bathroom was not up to both your and our standards. We have taken the proper procedures with our housekeeping department to ensure that this incident does not happen again. Please contact me directly if there is anything else that we can assist you with to earn your trust back at the SpringHill Suites. Thank you again for stay with us and I look forward from hearing from you.
Belleville, Michigan
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for our anniversary. The hotel was quiet, as it was Monday. The bed was very comfortable. We had a king jacuzzi suite. Front dest was friendly. They always talked to us. Breakfast was the usual. Good place to stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelmoorenow
Michigan
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Frankenmuth for a girls weekend in March. It was important to find a room big enough for 4 ladies luggage and room to get ready. In prep for our stay, I went ahead of time to view all the hotels! What I found was most of the rooms in the other hotels were very small in comparison! Springhill was the only one offering 'Suites' and their price was less than the others! Everything seemed new and the breakfast was some of the best we have had for a continental! I would highly recommend and would definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Funtimers
Lake Odessa, Michigan
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel since it was closest to Bavarian Inn and that was where we were headed on Saturday for a "Princess event" with granddaughter (4 yrs old). The hotel was clean, the rooms were nice & big with large fold out couch in a work station (desk) and living room. The rooms were nicely appointed. The staff was very helpful. We enjoyed the small swimming pool, we thought the water was COLD and so did other people getting out of the swimming pool commented on the cold water temp. The hot tub was wonderful to get warmed up. The exercise room was very small with only had 3 or 4 pieces of equipment but it was clean, had towels, TV & drinking water which was nice. They had a wonderful hot breakfast which everyone in the hotel seemed to enjoy. There were hot eggs & sausage, 2 waffel makers, toasters, serveral kinds of cereals, 2 types of juice. This is a big savings over finding a morning restaurant, paying for the food & leaving a tip can easily save a couple $30-$40. We asked for an upper floor room since we know that granddaughter can be noisy at times and we were on the 3rd floor with a nice view.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Afton, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 March 2014

That says a lot... to be fair my kids are young and it was the first hotel they remember. But we all have nice memories of the facility. Roomy enough for a very tall husband, 3 kids under 5, and a mom that doesn't like yucky hotels. I loved the layout of this place from the sink outside of the WC, the large closet (where we slid in the playpen almost all the way for the little one to sleep) to the TV area separate from the beds with the moveable tables, so the parents could watch TV & use the laptops while the little ones tried to sleep, to the little web bar area with fridge. I also liked the separate lighting in all the area, especially with all the kids napping going on in different areas of the rooms. The kids loved the pool, and the breakfast was nice with many choices, and a nice staff. Clearly we are fans!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I choose to stay here again however bring the kids for March Break. We had comfy beds 2 queen with a pull out and whirlpool tub room and it was one of those rooms when you first walk in and go wow. Housekeeping was lacking when on our second night almost all our towels were removed even the ones hung up and not replaced. The soap on the tube was gone as well as the plastic cups and we're not replaced. As we have younger kids before we left we looked under the bed for toys etc and found it to be dirty to the point it has not been cleaned for some time. There was even a plastic pop bottle under the bed from someone else as we did not bring pop into the room. We did call down to the desk and replacement towels were brought up ASAP

I will stay here again I just hope that it was because it was the off season housekeeping was lacking and is not the new norm.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Miller-Time-CDN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!