I am a huge fan of Marriott properties, and of Springhill Suites and Fairfield Inns in particular. The location of this property was awesome, but the condition of the hotel was disappointing. Old, dark formica surfaces on doors really dated the room. And the wallpaper was also dated and, um, ugly. Elevators, a little creepy Pool, very small. The hotel was very clean, but felt like it had been converted from a Ramada. Staff seemed overwhelmed; hard to talk with someone at front desk. Also, they bus in disabled workers (which is a great thing), but they were not well supervised. There was a loud dust-up between two workers while we were headed to the elevator. (Compare this property to the new Springhill in Waukegan, Il, and this one doesn't even register on the "stayable" meter. The new Waukegan Springhill is awesome, awesome, awesome.)
In its favor is the hotel's great location. Frankenmuth is a fabulous town to visit, and we had a great time.
The hotel stay was not a complete loss, since I earned some Marriott points!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth is the perfect hotel in Frankenmuth, Michigan for a business or leisure trip. Our all-suite accommodations are ideally situated in the city's quaint Little Bavaria neighborhood, a short distance from Birch Run. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Frankenmuth Hotel Frankenmuth
- Frankenmuth Springhill Suites
- SpringHill Suites By Marriott Frankenmuth Michigan