“Best value in town”
Review of Bavarian Inn Lodge

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Once again my wife and I have enjoyed a few days here at the Bavarian Inn & Lodge where we are treated so well by the friendly professional staff. The hotel is well managed, quiet, clean and properly equipped. The hotel offered us a special Canadian Thanksgiving rate that we just couldn't refuse. Our balcony overlooked the peaceful Cass River and we watched the riverboat Bavarian Belle pass by many times.
This was the first time we ever had a problem with housekeeping though. Our room, 249, wasn't serviced on our third day until very late in the day and we went out for lunch while they finally got around to us. Then on the next day it was worse, even though we had mentioned we were out for a few hours to both the maid and her supervisor. We had to call housekeeping to get the room cleaned while we once again went out for a late lunch. Then this morning, our final morning, our bedside alarm went off all by itself at 0600. Coincidence?

Room Tip: The river view rooms have a good view of both the river and the town. Rooms close to the water slide...
1  Thank DWGB
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear DWGB,

Thank you so very much for including the Bavarian Inn Lodge in your Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. We were honored to serve you. I have shared your comments with the Executive Housekeeper. Amazingly odd that t he alarm tripped on the third morning and I understand what you are eluding too and I will be speaking with the appropriate team members about it. I would find this so hard to believe, but with you staying prior nights... I am so very sorry.

Normally housekeeping is extremely diligent so I will investigate the situation, I suspect it could be a trainee issue but make no excuses. We will work hard to assure these types of things do not happen again in the future.

We hope to be a part of your future traditional trips to Frankenmuth! Enjoy the rest of Fall!!

There are newer reviews for Bavarian Inn Lodge

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I just wanted to write and express what an amazing experience we had at the Bavarian Inn. Our rooms were wonderful! The kids loved that we were in suites and the balcony was so much fun to enjoy at night. We absolutely loved the pools and game room, we spent most of our time there. The outside of the Inn is so overwhelmingly beautiful, which made our walking to the shops so much more enjoyable. We definitely received great service and I completed the survey with all extremely satisfied responses. The staff was genuine and you can tell they love their jobs. We look forward to many happy returns.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori R

Dear Lori R.,

Thank you for making the trip from Chicago to Frankenmuth! So happy you had a spectacular time. We were honored to serve you and I'm so very proud of our entire team who truly LOVE to have FUN at work serving others!

We hope to be a part of your tradition for generations to come!

Jim Engel, C.O.O. - Serving Bavarian Inn Guests for 36 Years -

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Had a great time. Our group consisted of 2 rooms: 4 adults, 4 children (4 1/2 year old, 2 1/2 year old, 2 year old and a 6 month old baby). What a great first time experience with taking our small children to a hotel for 2 days. Pools were great, arcade was a lot of fun for kids and adults. Staff were very accommodating and friendly!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurie B

Dear Laurie B.,

How fun to hear that families with such young children can have a lot of fun too with the amenities offered in the fun center and the zero-depth pool with gushers and sprayers being fun yet low impact. Thanks for your wonderful review and your stay with us. We hope your children will grow up visiting us like so many thousands of others have done over the past 26 years!

Yours in Service,

Jim Engel, C.O.O. - Serving Bavarian Inn guests for 36 Years -

Reviewed 17 October 2013

When I posted a picture I had taken of the Bavarian Inn on Facebook, my friend asked if these were the shops that we had been to. I said, "no, this is the hotel where we stayed". Her mouth dropped!!! Same reaction from the friends at work. I knew of several people who had visited Frankenmuth, but none had ever stayed at the Inn. I brought back several brochures to share and told of our wonderful experience with the amenities and the staff. I told them if it is pouring down rain, you can spend the afternoon or evening shopping, dining and playing without ever having to leave the Inn. The staff, at all levels, were so friendly and always spoke to us. It was absolutely one of the best getaways we have experienced.

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor room facing the Cass River. A better all around view from higher up, and, a litt...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Barbara J.,

Thank you so much for your kind words on this site PLUS your ambassadorship of showing your photos to friend to persuade them to come. Referral guests make us so proud and are a HUGE part of our guests. So happy you like upper floor rooms for the view. WE will keep working on keeping the Lodge safe, clean and FUN for your next arrival!

Bavarian Inn Lodge .

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Although my family and I come to Bavarian Inn yearly, this was an extra occasion to come back for a family wedding. I was amazed how good the food was at the wedding reception. And that includes breakfast the next morning. As usual, our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Actually, I noticed the bed was more comfy than my own bed! We did not use the pool this trip but will definitely use it next month when we come with the whole family! I truly enjoy staying here and walking around town every year.

Room Tip: We've stayed in several rooms but prefer looking at the river vs the parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Nanci,

Thanks for your "early" visit for a wedding prior to your annual visit in November! We are honored to have served you and are glad that you enjoyed the food at the weddings. I just finished carving roast beef for a wedding a short time ago before reading todays posts. We LOVE putting on weddings at the Lodge and I am proud to have an amazing kitchen and Food and Beverage team that I don't have to every worry about if things will be just right or not.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and look forward to another update on TripAdvisor from the "family" perspective!

Happy Fall!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My Husband and I were celebrating our 45th year of Marriage . Both of us wanted to go to Frankenmuth, Michigan. We decided to stay at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. We had not been there the last few years, and we were pleasantly surprised at how this Lodge has expanded. Lovely, and all of the workers were very nice and looked like they really enjoyed their job. Our room was very nice, with lots of room, bath was extra nice.All of this was of walking distance to the Shopping and recreation places. We had a Wonderful Trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Marlene,

Thank you for your return visit to Frankenmuth and the Lodge. Congratulations on 45 years of marriage! God's Blessings on you both! So glad that you enjoyed the amenities the Lodge had to offer and that you enjoyed your interaction with our team. I do believe you are right... our team loves serving others and show joy in their jobs in so many ways.

We appreciate your confidence in us and hope to be a part of future visits to Frankenmuth.

With Great Appreciation,

Jim Engel, C.O.O. & the Entire Lodge Team

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Clean, comfortable, with many choices for rooms. Great in-hotel restaurant and bar, with fun activities for the kids. Pools for everyone in your family. Beautiful views inside and outside the hotel from the balconies.
Everyone was kind and courteous.

Room Tip: Get a suite for personal quiet time for yourself if you are a reader.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Girly,

Thank you for your recent stay and kind words on TripAdvisor. So glad you had a great time and enjoyed the amenities the Lodge offers. I am so proud of our staff as they love to serve others and your stating the same, energizes them. I will share your kind words and the other reviews with our entire team!

Bavarian Inn Lodgew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#3 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!