“"Nice getaway"”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
River Rouge, Michigan
“"Nice getaway"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Me. my nephew and my grand children had the best time of our life. I woke up that evening and made a quick reservation on-line and drove an hour and thirty minutes. The Bavarian Inn Lodge is very comfortable and fun for the kids to enjoy the pool. I also enjoyed the food at both restaurants. We had great room service and I spent plenty money at the gift shop. Yes, we will be back and I recommend everyone to at least try it once.

Room Tip: All of the employees are very nice and I recommend the chicken sandwich with parmesan and cheese.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear ValetAward:

THANKYOU for your kind review and your stay with us at the Lodge. Sounds like your family had an opportunity to have a great time together and that is what we are ALL ABOUT! We will keep the place sparkly and clean and the food tasty for your next arrival!

With Great Appreciation,

Bavarian Inn Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,333)
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband and I got away from our kids for one night in just shy of 3 years. This was a terrible place for a couple to go. The room had no insulation. Normal conversation next door kept us awake until well after midnight. We tried to order a bottle of wine and the bartender had no clue about anything they had. The room was 80 style small and thin bedding. The TV required moving furniture and manipulating the plug some before it would turn on. The next morning we were met with a cold showers. When we tried to express our frustration the front clerk didn't even try to apologize. She just said to leave a note and housekeeping would bring it down. Somehow I have my doubts. Don't waste your money. Really this is barely a notch above a motel 6.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Audry R
Dear Audry,

I am so sorry that you were disappointed in your get-a-way to the Bavarian Inn Lodge. I'm not able to identify your guestroom number or date of stay from your review, but I am surprised your had such a noise problem. It is always disappointing when neighboring guestrooms are disruptive. I am not aware of any room with continued long-term noise issues between rooms due to insulation. Rooms with connecting doors are at higher risk of allowing noise but there are two insulated doors for every connecting location.

You definitely should not have to have unplugged and replugged in the TV. It sounds like you had to and that is a known problem I have experienced on rare occasion with our current Televisions. I am sorry you had to do this.

We did have one morning recently where a boiler burner had failed and did have a lack of hot water for a portion of the building. I suspect if you had cold water, this must have been the date.

I understand how multiple challenges accumulate and clearly impact a stay. The TV alone, might have been nothing, but with cold water and noise from neighbors, it is a bad experience. I would ask that you email me (jimengel@bavarianinn.com) and I would like to make this up to you. I hope to hear from you soon.

Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We loved our stay at the Bavarian Inn Lodge, and can't wait to come back again!! Our 8 grandson's had so much fun!! It is very versatile for different generations to enjoy, and we all hated for the weekend to end. Everyone at the Hotel was friendly, and accommodating in every way, the Hotel was very well maintained and clean… loved the Sunday brunch!! Can't say enough good things about this stay… Linda M

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Linda M.,

I'm so glad that you have fun with our staff, the amenities and food within the Lodge. Thank you for joining us over the Holiday Break. We truly hope we can be a part of your future visits to Frankenmuth!

Happy New Year!

Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

My family and I visit the Bavarian Inn Lodge regularly. We just love the warm welcome we receive when checking in and in each area of the lodge. The staff is very friendly and makes us feel like we are family. The décor is very charming, the amenities offer something for everyone. The food is great too! The service is absolutely top notch!

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for your frequent visits and for sharing your kind words with others on this site! We will keep working hard to keep the place FUN for your next return visit. Happy New Year!

Saginaw, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have stayed at the Bavarian Inn several times and every time has been a wonderfull experience. We recently stayed there on December 20th for 3 nights, and had a wonderful time. When we were ready to check out we had some car problems and had to take the car to a repair shop, we know the car would not be done by check out, the extended our check out time until 3 pm at no extra charge so we would not have to wait in the lobby. That is why this is our favorite place to stay, they are always so wonderful to there guest. The hotel and all the amenities, the staff, the rooms and the food are the best.

Room Tip: I have stayed in all parts of the hotel all the rooms are within walking distance to whatever you wa...
Dear Charlene K.,

So glad we could assist you in the small way when your car failed you. Thank you for your loyalty. We will always look forward to serving you again in the future. So glad you enjoy the amenities, food and especially our team. I'm so very proud to work with all of them!

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

My family was one of the thousands of Michigan residents who lost their power for several days during the Christmas holidays. The Bavarian Inn and Lodge was one of only a very few area hotels that offered a discounted rate to those affected by the power outage. My son and I could not stay in our cold house, so we were very grateful to have a warm, safe place to stay. It is encouraging to find that a local business is run by people who care and who showed us kindness throughout the three days that we stayed there.

From the time we checked in until the time we left, we were treated professionally and politely. I'm disabled, and since it was winter, I was concerned about a long walk from the parking lot to our room, but the front desk clerk easily managed to accommodate my request to be near an entrance and close to an elevator. We were given a first floor room, and there were plenty of handicapped parking spaces near all of the entry doors. There are several entrances to the hotel, and the parking lot is very large, so we had no trouble at all with this issue. In addition, we wanted to go into town, but not worry about parking, so we were able to take a free shuttle from the Bavarian Inn Lodge to the Bavarian Inn and back again. This was very convenient and we never had to wait very long for it--it runs every ten to fifteen minutes and also stops at the cute little River Place Mall which is quite close to the lodge. Our room was very comfortable. The beds have several pillows and very soft blankets, and the t.v. is a newer style flat-screen t.v. The shower was updated with a curved shower rod and a wonderful shower head. My only discomfort was that the bathroom was very small. I remembered this from a previous visit, though. Changing clothes and drying off after a shower were both very challenging in such a small space, so I ended up having to open the door and dry off in the area right outside the bathroom. This could be difficult for people traveling with a large group. For me, I just waited until my son was asleep to take my shower. Just know that this is an issue, especially for anyone who is larger than average.

In addition to a friendly staff and comfortable rooms, the inn has a lot of activities for kids to do. My son is ten, and he had a wonderful time in the arcade area and playing miniature golf on the indoor putt-putt course. He also enjoyed the pools and the water slides. There was a lot to do to keep his mind off of the fact that we were not in our home for Christmas. When he was done playing, we were able to get take-out pizza from the Ratskeller cafeteria area near the arcade, and take the pizza back to our room. It was delicious.

We will be back to stay again. I'd recommend this lodge to anyone looking for a comfortable, friendly place to stay, especially if they have kids. It is conveniently located and the people there have heart.

Room Tip: Join the "Perks" club . It will save you money and the points add up quickly.
Skye9988:

We are so pleased we could serve you when you lost power during the recent ice storm. It certainly was a wild time where it took almost a week for some to get power restored. Thank you for your detailed description of your stay. Glad your 10 year old son could have some FUN when Christmas was a bit disrupted!

We hope to serve you again some day, when there is no personal stress of a frozen home.

Linden, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

The whole family enjoyed themselfs. There are a variety of activities to do under one roof. We plan on making this a yearly adventure :) My kids really enjoyed the 2 pools and hot tubs. It felt like we had a lot of options to keep us entertained.

Room Tip: We had a room with an outside view. I would book this room again
Dear Stacy,

Thank you for bringing your family to the Lodge and taking in some of the indoor fun in the warm waterpark environment when it is snowing outside! We will work hard to keep creating entertaining experiences! Hope to serve you again soon!

Bavarian Inn Lodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!