“WEEKEND GETAWAY”
Review of Bavarian Inn Lodge

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We like an escape weekend every so often to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It is so relaxing and enjoyable. We had a great weekend and can't wait to do it again. Everyone there, is so hospitable and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Darlene V.,

Thanks for your couple get-a-way to the Lodge and Frankenmuth. An honor to serve you. Thank you for your kind words on this sight. Our friendly team await your return visit!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Got a great deal here and had a great experience. Very comfortable room with nice amenities. This is a family resort with several pools and play areas for kids. But we enjoyed the adults-only pool, with lovely soft lighting and in a quiet area at night. Really enjoyed ourselves.

Dear Ellen,

So glad you enjoyed the adult only poool / whirlpool area. We have thoroughly enjoyed hosting couples as well as families at the same time for 20+ years and keeping both guest types happy. The biggest challenge for us is managing hall noise... of which we have an expansive plan that we implement daily!

Thanks so much and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Quick overnight trip with my 8 year old son. Lodge has everything you need...A variety of dining options, and plenty of activities for the kids. The water slides a AWESOME!

Room was clean and quiet despite the many kids in the hotel. Only negative is the Bed...hard as a rock!

Overall much better than Splash Village. Water park may not be as big, but the slides and numerous other activities and amenities more than makes up for it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear JMB-Detroit,

Thank you for your recent stay and your great review on this site. So sorry that the mattress didn't match your particular need. For me, some of our newest mattresses are a bit firm, but my wife LOVES them. When re-booking, we have a cheat sheet in reservations that defines which rooms are foam mattresses and which are traditional spring mattresses. They can look up your last stay and make sure they put you in a room with the opposite mattress type instead!

Thanks again and we hope to serve your family again in the near future!

With sincere appreciation!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed a night at the hotel for a funeral and even though it was a somber weekend, the stay there was very enjoyable. I have two stories to pass along about the customer service at this hotel. On the night of our check-in we had to leave for the funeral viewing and my boyfriends tie had ripped, while it wasn't a complete emergency, we didn't have a sewing kit or even a paperclip to fix his tie. I suggested to ask the front desk if they had anything to help us out and the lady behind the desk was very helpful and spent time to look for something to fix it, she found a sewing kit and let us use the pins to fix his tie and we were on our way! The second experience with customer service happened after we had checked out, after unpacking my luggage at home I noticed I did not have my brand new Kindle. I immediately realized that I had left it in the hotel room. I called the hotel back and left a message for lost and found on Sunday night. I promptly received a call back from Lindsay (I hope that's how it is spelled) in housekeeping on Monday morning that the Kindle had been found in our room and they would be more than happy to mail it back to me! Our stay at the Bavarian Inn was very pleasant to begin with, but the experience from the staff at the hotel feels that they truly go above and beyond to make every guest feel welcome and appreciated. I will recommend to any friends or family planning to stay in Frankenmuth to stay at this hotel and any trips I make there in the future I will for sure be staying here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jen M.,

Our condolences for your loss. We are pleased that we could serve you while visiting Frankenmuth. We have a rather extensive lost and found system for the property as so many items are left behind accidentally daily.400+ items a month! I have always been proud of the fact the items are always found... either by us at the Lodge OR... in fact the guest finds the item at home that they THOUGHT they lost, but in fact it did make it home with them in another location.

We try to customize our services for each guests needs. So glad we were able to assist yours!

We appreciate your offer to act as an ambassador for the Lodge. Thank you and we hope to serve you again personally soon!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and went to Frankenmuth for a quick overnight trip and stayed at the Bavarian Inn. The pictures of the property made it look tired but I we decided to stay at the urging of some friends. I am happy I listened to them! This is a great property stay on. They have fairly comfortable beds and great pillows, I love that they offer soft and firm options for picky people like myself. The pool area was fun and my husband loved the slides, if you go as soon as they open at 8 there aren't a lot of people which is a plus. I like that they have a strict policy on noise after a certain time. My only complaint would be that the room was very cold and there weren't a lot of blankets on the bed. I know I could have called housekeeping but at 2 AM it's not ideal to call and wait for someone to come bring you more blankets. Despite being a little chilly at night, I would absolutely stay there again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Shannon:

Thank you so much for your insights on your recent stay at the Lodge. Sorry it got chilly for you. Our HVAC system should balance to the temperature of your liking with either heat or air conditioning any time of year.

I'm proud of our pillow system too and glad it was a highlight for you!

We hope to serve your family again in the future!

Creating memories with a great team . . .

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We checked in to our room. Very clean, had fun at the new super sides. Had dinner at Lorelei Lounge. Had a very good dinner. They had special events for Chinese New Year. They free family fun. I enjoyed the adult Musical Chairs . We bought a arm band to play 18 hole pup-pupt gulf, so we paly 4 time for the one price. won a big dog from all the tickites I won from all the games. Just a Super cool family place to go for a weekend enjoyment. Thank You.

Room Tip: A very fun place to stay.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Steve S.,

Steve - - glad you had a great time and were big winners in the redemption areas of the Fun Center. We really appreciate your insights into the most important aspects of your stay. Thanks for the details! We hope to serve your family for YEARS to come!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We spent one night at the hotel in January, 2014. We had a very nice, relaxing time. Once we checked into the hotel, we didn't leave. This wasn't our first trip to Frankenmuth and we just wanted to enjoy all the hotel has to offer. We enjoy just exploring. Our room was on the first floor with a doorwall to the adult pool. We enjoyed being able to walk out of our room and be in the pool area. It was a Saturday night and although the hotel was quite busy, the adult area was not. Very relaxing. We had dinner at Lorelei Lounge around 8 pm. We ordered off of the dinner menu from Omas (which is available until 9). I had the mac and cheese which sounds boring but is amazing! I also enjoyed a house salad with the house dressing which I love My husband had a steak sandwich which was huge and delicious!

Room Tip: In the warmer months, we enjoy getting a room with a balcony. When making a reservation, specify th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Kelly,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed a couples get a way in one of our King Rooms with access to the adult pool area. With comments such as your growing year over year, you can be assured we will ALWAYS have an adult only pool in the Lodge. We have been the only dedicated adult only pool in any resort in Michigan for 15+ years now!

We will keep working hard to have the Lodge be FUN for both couples and families at the same time.

We look forward to serving you in the future! Happy New Year and thank you for your January stay!

Jim Engel, C.O.O. - Serving Bavarian Inn Guests for 36 years -
Bavarian Inn Lodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!