“Hotel with nice balcony views!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bavarian Inn Lodge

Bavarian Inn Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Owosso, Michigan
“Hotel with nice balcony views!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went to this hotel this weekend. All the staff was courteous and a pleasure to converse with. They have two water slides and a few pools that are very well staffed. The arcade is full of games to play and to win tickets. They have putt putt golf for ten dollars for one adult and one child. This lodge loses a star on the upkeep of the rooms. The balcony door latch was broken and made it so the room could be opened from the balcony quite easily. Also, there was no deadbolt on the door anymore. all the holes from the screws were there still though. The beds and rooms were clean. There was also a free gift basket in the room full of goodies!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Aaron,

Thank you for your insights into your recent stay and your follow up clarification on which room you stayed in so I could check on that exterior door. I agree our housekeeper should have caught any problem with the latch. When I immediately checked the door knob - it was perfectly functioning. Also they had added back the screws that were missing on the hasp for the chain lock. The rest of the room still looked great as you had reported.

I thank you again for the details and for staying with us at the Lodge. We hope for an opportunity to serve your family again in the near future!

On Behalf of the ENTIRE Bavarian Inn Lodge Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,333)
Sylvania, Ohio
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We've been to Frankenmuth many times. We have stayed in 5 of the other area hotels but for the past 5 years or more our lodging of choice has been the Bavarian Inn. It is centrally located in the center of town. It's a great place especially if you have kids. There is plenty to do regardless of the weather. The staff has always been very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are always clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: River view rooms are the best just bc of location. All others overlook the parking lots.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Cathy H.,

Thank you for making frequent visits to the Lodge from Sylvania, OH!! We appreciate your repeat visit over the years and your kind words on this site. We will keep working hard to keep the Lodge FUN, CLEAN AND WELCOMING for your next stay!

Yours in Service,

Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My adult son is disabled and I have been his sole caregiver since my husband's death two years ago. It has been years since I have spent a night's vacation apart from my son, and so when I finally got the chance to book a one night respite stay, I deliberately chose the Bavarian Inn. Verdict: GREAT decision! I CAREFULLY and purposely chose a quiet night when they had plenty of vacancies. I got a great rate for a wonderful room, and it was simply a perfect stay. Repeat, perfect. If people love staying here but also need peace and quiet, believe me, it can be done. BUT you HAVE to do your homework and check out activities in Frankenmuth before booking. I see other reviewers have been distressed over noisy kids and they have my sympathy. But to be fair, in a place like this, especially on a busy night, that's a realistic possibility. (Which doesn't excuse noisy or rowdy behavior, and complaints should be made to hotel staff when it happens, especially when parents inevitably pretend not to notice.) Other pluses: The front desk clerk offered me a discount via renewing my lapsed Perks Club membership when I checked in. She didn't have to do that, but she did and I appreciate the saved $$$ a lot. The warm temperature and humidity made simply walking around the hotel itself incredibly relaxing. There were NO lines anywhere to do anything because of fewer kids - plus no cannonballs in the pools. And my room was absolutely squeaky clean (thank you housekeeper Melody!). To sum up: If you choose the right day to fit your own needs, this place is simply paradise. It sure was for me, and needless to say, I will be back.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are the best. They cost more, but are worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Carol W
Dear Carol,

We are so appreciative of our choosing the Lodge for your one night get-a-way. We are honored to have helped in providing a relaxed environment for you. In fact, most nights are relaxing at the Lodge. The nights of crowds and noisy guests are limited to perhaps 60 days out of 365 days a year!

Your insights are very appreciated on this site and will be shared with the Bavarian Inn Zehnder Family. Wishing you and your son the absolute best wishes. And hopes for a repeat visit in the months / years to come. Our reservation team will always be happy to help you pick a peaceful date for your stay.

Sauk Village, Illinois
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My daughter and I and my 2 grandkids stayed at the Bavarian Inn Lodge on this trip to Frankenmuth. We previously stayed at another hotel, but since we were bringing my 2 grandkids this time we decided to stay here. Wonderful time! Always something for them to do. Would definitely stay again.

1 Thank Kathy S
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Katy S.,

Thank you so much for choosing the Bavarian Inn Lodge on your repeat visit to Frankenmuth. It always warms our hearts when we see a girls weekend with 3 generations together at the same time. Those kind of family memories are priceless! Thank you for entrusting us with your get-a-way. We hope to serve you for years to come.

Bavarian Inn Lodge
Braidwood, Illinois
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Spent last weekend at the Bavarian Inn Lodge, in Frankenmuth,.2nd time to Frankenmuth, first time to the Inn.Took the kids and grandchild. OUTSTANDING!!!. The resort was spotless, the staff was polite and professional. Stayed three days, had the chance to explore the whole place. Spent hours in the pool with the grandchild, The game room was fun for him, The slides were awesome, two slides, They were a blast. The rooms were the nicest ever, clean and "holy place" quiet....the beds were beyond comfortable... The grounds of the Inn were peaceful and quiet. We parked the car, and walked where we wanted to go... town is right across the covered bridge. We had the PERFECT retreat at the Inn. We are planning a return trip in the fall.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms "River view" are awesome...The paddle wheel boat passes 5-6 times a day...
2 Thank Frank V
Dear Frank,

Thank you kindly for your insights being shared publicly on this site! We were honored to serve your family and hear what you enjoyed the most. Ironically, I just heard the steam whistle on the River Boat as it passed by (as you expressed in your "Tips" part of the review). We will keep working on keeping the Lodge Fun, Fresh and Family Focused - awaiting your Fall arrival!

Arena, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This time we stayed for my nephew's wedding, and I was very impressed by the way the staff handled it. you could tell they had it very well organized on what they had to do, and the right amount of people to get it done. the food of course was excellent, and plenty of it, the tables were cleared off in a timely manor, then they had a barbeque fountain later on, I thought that was neat.
they had a D.J. which was very good. suprisingly I guess my nephnew had cheecked four other places out for price, and the Bavarian Inn beat them, so he said the price was bvery reasonable.
So I would recomend that If your having a wedding that you owe it to yourself to check it out, and by your guest attending it makes it like a mini vacation for them, and a lot of fun, and other atractions to see the following day.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a bad room in the place, I have stayed several times there, and have re...
Dear Donald M.,

We truly love being a part of weddings as our most FUN special occasions to help celebrate. I enjoyed hearing that you liked the barbecue fountain - a rather unique concept and menu. We first experimented with this product with my daughters Prom at the Lodge and the students and faculty also loved it.

So glad to hear you have enjoyed the Lodge facility previously as a family and now as a larger venue of a family wedding. We will always work hard to help your family and the rest of our guests create special memories when gathering together at Bavarian Inn.

Yours in Service

Lincoln Park, Michigan
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had a fantastic time at the Bavarian Inn Lodge! They accommodated our group of 25 girls with parents. The girls swam, played games, had a spectacular Sunday brunch at the hotel. So much to do, so little time. I have no complaints, hotel is within walking distance of ALL attractions and we would recommend to anyone that this experience was the best!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Troop 3985,

It was our honor to serve your troop. A Thank you to all of your leaders and supportive parents in making your get-a-way a success and for developing these young ladies through girl scouts! So nice to hear that the girls enjoyed Sunday Brunch! Hoping to serve you again in the future...

Yours in Service,

On Behalf of the ENTIRE Bavarian Inn Lodge Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!