“Safe & fun”
Review of Bavarian Inn Lodge

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a very good room on the lower level which allowed the children to go out and play. We also were not far from the pools, slides and other fun activities that the kids liked. The rooms were clean and neat.

Room Tip: The lowest level is very nice, especially if you have children with you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Rozie,

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your pool level guestroom near the family fun center and water park. Thank you for recognizing our housekeeping department. Please consider a return visit again down the road, perhaps as the seasons change. WE enjoy visiting your region in the fall!

Bavarian Inn Lodge

Write a ReviewReviews (3,803)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

First time we visited this hotel and we LOVED it! When I made the reservation the lady on the phone was able to give me a great deal and add a package that saved us over $200.00 from the deal I found online. We arrived an hour before check-in and the front desk was great in making sure our room was ready and the package was there. We ate at the Ratskellar Cafe near the mini golf and arcade and the pizza was AWESOME! Even though the hotel was very busy we never had a wait time for water slides, golf or arcade. It was quiet, clean and had something for everyone to do. The staff was very friendly and any issues that we had (my son bought something in a gift shop and the bag broke) were taking care of right away with no questions. We've stayed in alot of hotels over the years and I can honestly say we've never been treated as well as we were at this one. We're already started to plan a return trip this winter!

Room Tip: Next time I will ask for a room near the family fun center as the hotel is quite big and it was a li...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Tracy B.,

Thank you kindly for your nice comments about our staff and your overall experience. We know our most valued asset is really our team members and they make us proud every day. Thank you for sharing the particulars about what was most important to you. We share our reviews with our entire team and whether the comments are good or bad, we always want to learn how to improve. We are thrilled with the opportunity if a potential return this winter. You will love how we decorate and celebrate winter in Frankenmuth!

Yours in Service,

On Behalf of the ENTIRE Bavarian Inn Lodge Team

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Love this place. We have stayed here a few times over the last twenty-five years. Always a wonderful experience, we took our kids here when they were little and I have to say all three of our Daughters still say this is there favorite place. I don't see how anyone would not have a wonderful time. Book your room today you won't regret it. Buetiful place for a wedding or any special occasion or to just relax we sure do,be prepared to be pampered.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Dave & Bonnie,

Thank you for entrusting our team at the Lodge to serve your family over so many years. We appreciate your confidence in keeping us part of your Frankenmuth Experience. We look forward to your return visit and thank you again for sharing your feelings with the rest of the world on TripAdvisor.

Jim Engel, C.O.O. - Serving Bavarian Inn Guests for 37 Years -

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have been coming to the Bavarian Inn Lodge for years. The staff is always very friendly. We enjoy the variety of pools and the game room. We also love Oma's Restaurant. It is always a wonderful time!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Shelly D.,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Lode Shelley! We appreciate the opportunity to help your family have FUN in Frankenmuth. So happy that you enjoy the service and food in Oma's. We all appreciate your confidence in us!

On Behalf of the ENTIRE Bavarian Inn Lodge Team

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Room very small and dated for nightly charge. Charged us extra for a cot. I feel that continental breakfast should have been included. Very expensive for a family if five while traveling and eating all meals out! At least include a breakfast with your over priced, small dated rooms!!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Babs,

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your guestroom and overall stay at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. We do charge a fee for 5th guests. This provides a waterpark pass, use of a cot or crib and additional amenities needed in the guestroom. This is a very common practice as it typically also takes longer to clean a room with more occupants as well. I'm sorry that this practice was a disappointment to you.

We are unable to consider a complimentary breakfast in a full service hotel. On many nights the number of registered guests is between 800 - 1,200 guests. As a full service hotel we provide two restaurants, one with waitresses and a full service menu. The other a cafeteria style menu for quicker meals on the go - but still hot breakfasts available. I am not aware of any hotel our size able to provide all guests a complimentary breakfast.

We appreciate your insights as we are always striving to improve our level of service. All insights are welcome and helpful.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We really like the Bavarian Inn...it is very family friendly for all ages! The full beds are a bit small for a family of four with teenagers. The riverboat ride is worth the money! The service in the j hotel is very friendly and they are willing to help with anything you need! The adult pool is a great amenity to have for a late relaxing evening without kids!

Room Tip: Perks Club is the way to go! Riverview rooms are the best!

Dear JoJotheclem,

Thank you so much for your insights into your recent visit at the Lodge. We appreciate the opportunity to always improve and your thoughts are really what matter. So glad you enjoyed the water play aspects of our water park hotel and your kind words about our staff. We will work hard to keep the Lodge fun, friendly and clean awaiting your next arrival.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I attended a wedding ceremony at the Bavarian Inn and the hotel room and the wedding meal were both a SAD DISAPPOINTMENT.

We ate at Oma's prior to the ceremony and reception. The food was OK but priced on the high side for what you get.
The food at the ceremony which they bill as their Frankenmuth Chicken and such was sub standard. Early in the ceremony the CEO of the INN gave a nice presentation which I thought was a very nice touch. She said that the food we were about to eat came from Grandma's family recipes. Sadly the people tending the food line did not keep up as the chicken pan and others were in dire need of refilling. I did try a piece of chicken and it was dry and tasteless. Their noodles were plain egg noodles w/ plain egg noodles? The mashed potatoes and gravy were good. The stuffing was tasteless bread stuffing just PLAIN BREAD STUFFING, again rather tasteless and BLAH! The veggies were good. The sliced beef was good. Go to KFC and you will enjoy your dinner and it will be a lot cheaper.
Frankenmuth is a lovely quaint town w/ shops and events. Too bad the Bavarian Inn has done NOTHING but charge a lot of money for nothing in return. They have made no capital improvements of any of their facility in many, many years. The Hotel is dark all of the way through. I was greeted at the front desk by a lovely young lady who would not let me check in because my wife w/ the same last name made the reservation. Our room was hot and stuff and very dark like the hallways and most of the facility. The room had OLD furniture and was very dated, VERY DATED! The elevators were few and extremely busy. Many times there was a waiting line for elevator use. Our rate which was a SPECIAL RATE was $175.00 for the night. The room was equivalant to a 50 year old HOJO's that was used hard and never remodeled.
The breakfast buffet the next morning at OMA's was exceptional.
One other thing the facility is large and when I called the desk at 2:30 p.m. I was told that MA's was closed until 4:30p.m. and this was a Saturday. Oma's was open.
My recommendation is unless you have to go there... DO NOT!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Bavarian Inn unless you like to throw your money away and get nothing in return.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dan B
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Dan B.,

Thank you for both your detailed review as well as the follow-up correspondence you were willing to share with me so I knew which particular wedding you were speaking of. The Lodge holds over 50 ceremonies a year and around 200 wedding receptions. We all take great pride in helping couples start their married lives together with a great celebration. I appreciate you clarifying the particular wedding being reviewed by you.

I personally was the carver for one of the two buffets. Our Front Desk Manager was the carver on the other. I visited some of the tables after my buffet was closed (the other stayed open for refills) and received wonderful reviews of the food. The same for our Front Desk Manager - except he does recall a time late in the serving time where many of the pans were getting empty at a similar time and recalls several people waiting for chicken - the particular piece that they wanted was out. All pans were refilled from the kitchen promptly.

We have only heard glowing reviews from the bridal couple and family as they departed for the weekend. I am so sorry that your experience did not mirror those of others we heard from. I received zero other negative reviews from the wedding - now several weeks passed.

Regarding our buttered noodles, they are blended with a browned butter and laced with cracker crumbs - they are usually a favorite of any private party.

You are simply wrong about capital improvements in our facilities. I do see your point that we have alpine styled - custom pine furniture for some time now and we are working on refinishing many pieces - currently. But we invest over one million dollars in capital expenditures annually and often more. Recent items include - all HD satellite TV systems; flat screen HD televisions wall mounted; carpeting; two new water slides; kitchen equipment; many A/C and heat unit replacements; 55 hot spots for free WIFI access for guests - just to name a few.

We offer five guest elevators for a four story building and I only receive a complaint on an elevator if in fact it is out of order - which is an uncommon problem. Of course the elevators are in fact busy when the hotel is sold out - as we were when you were staying with us. There were over 1,300 people in house that Saturday night.

Mr. B, I was unable to confirm which floor or guestroom you were in. I don't show your name as the registered name of any guestroom - from your town either and am sorry that you didn't respond with that information. So I will, in general share your feelings regarding hallways and the facilities within the guestrooms with the owners. I suspect there was a particular furniture issue in your room - we will be focused on this based on your comments. We always have a long list of improvements we want to strive for and have a prioritized list. The ideas... always exceed budgets but we keep the list alive and continuously make improvements as financing allows.

Thank you again for your insights and I hope my clarifications were helpful to you and others reading this response.

Respectfully,

Jim Engel, C.O.O. - Serving Bavarian Inn Guests for 37 Years -
Bavarian Inn Lodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!