“not so great - don't waste your time”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sue and Esther's American Tea Room
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2013

this place smells like an old ladies tea room - everything was stale - even the ambiance. There were not that many tea selections and the food wasn't anything special. Don't waste your time

SueandEsther, Owner at Sue and Esther's American Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Brad,

Wow -- we're sorry you didn't like our little tea room. You're right -- the building is old but there's not much we can do about that. Our food is typically pretty decent. We offer over 53 various teas with selections from each tea category. I'm sorry you couldn't find one that you liked. Hopefully someday you'll find another tea house that can better serve you.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Very disappointed with my visit. You can get a wonderful full course meal with left overs at other places. I would not return.

3  Thank LittlePetiteOne

Dear Little Petite One,

Thank you for coming in with your party over the weekend. I'm sorry you felt like there wasn't enough food on your tray. Your group organizer chose our Lite Tea, which is a little more expensive at $12.95 per person and part of the Tea Experience. You can try as many pots of tea and have as many flavors as you'd like. The food is served on 3-tiered trays and includes tea sandwiches, scones, petite sweets and fruit. The cost comes more from the time it takes to prepare, which is why it is reservation only. It truly is part of a traditional afternoon tea -- which is more snacking and socializing. It sounds like our luncheon menu probably would have been better for you. We have wonderful quiche, a baked chicken and spinach turnover, organic salads, sandwiches and more. And each entree is served with salad. The prices start at $6.95. Hopefully you'll stop back in for lunch and try something more substantial!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

This was our second time coming here. My daughter, 7 friends and I came here to start off her bachelorette party festivities. The tea was yummy, the food delicious, and the service was very good. The portions aren't huge, but all were tasty and filling. I have had tea in England and Canada and I would say it compares. It was a new experience for the other girls and all really enjoyed themselves. If you like luncheon food this is the place for you.

1  Thank Thomas H

Hello Seminole Sue,

Thank you so much for coming in with your group of ladies to kick off your festivities! We absolutely loved having you! Your enjoyment and laughter was contagious throughout the entire tea room. We hope you stop back in for lunch soon! We love happy tea drinkers!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I absolutely LOVE this tea house and would recommend it to anyone who's looking to eat healthy! I'm a Gluten Free person and have no problem ordering here at all. I would highly recommend if you have an allergy to ask if the dish is gluten free, nut free, etc. before ordering it. The waitresses are all knowledgeable and super nice! I've had to change out a scone or two before because I forgot to ask and I've never had any issues. The tea is so so so good, I could drink it all day! =) By far, the healthiest food in town!

1  Thank Caitlin H

Dear Caitlin,

Thanks so much for your kind words. We try very hard to accommodate our friends with food allergies as several of us at the tea house experience them! Many of our customers don't realize that we serve organic greens and double wash our produce with an organic natural wash to ensure a healthy experience. Thanks for noticing!!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a beautiful place. Nice a cozy. Friendly staff and excellent tea. The Pumpkin Spiced Chai Tea was to die for.

1  Thank Staciecr

Hi Stacie,

I'm so glad you liked the Pumpkin Chai -- it's a favorite! Have you tried the Sparkling Cranberry Tea? Although it's getting a little chilly for an iced drink -- it's still pretty popular!! Hope to see you soon!