Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark
US$104
SpringHill Suites
Bavarian Inn Lodge(Frankenmuth)
US$160
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth(Frankenmuth)(Great Value!)
US$110
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth(Frankenmuth)
US$111
US$67
US$77
US$68
ComfortInn
Americas Best Value Inn(Birch Run)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$56
1,164 results
All reviewswater parkelf hollowlazy rivernew additiondrop slidefamily suitegreat wolf lodgedragonfly roomchicken dinnerzehnders restaurantolder kidsbreakfast buffetlocker roomlife guardschristmas lightsgreat family funtube slides
Reviewed 22 November 2011

This was our second stay at this property - same exact room. We booked the Dragonfly Parlor Suite deliberately because it is a 2 room suite with a door in between the living room and the bedroom. With 2 young children, we need to stagger their bed times so that we all get a good night's sleep, and having a 2 room suite with a door is really the only way to do that. A couple of comments:
1). I found our rate online but booked over the phone. The web was showing 2 rates - $169 and $179 for the same room. When I called, the woman on the phone told me that both rates were available and that there were limited rooms at the lower rate, so once they were booked it was the higher rate only. She assured me that she was locking in the lower rate for me. At check out, I was billed $179 - the higher rate. When I questioned it, they did something in the computer and credited me the 10 bucks. Good thing I looked - I wonder how many other people has this happened to?
2). This hotel advertises free internet. Our suite was at the far end of the hotel away from the lobby and there was NO SIGNAL there. When I asked at the desk, I was told that "internet is guaranteed in the lobby". OK, that is NOT what is advertised. Well, again, I have 2 small children whom I want to put to bed, then I had some work to do on the computer. I am not going to put my kids to bed and then leave the room and walk to the lobby on the other side of the hotel to get online. Kind of defeats the purpose of having the 2 room suite that I specifically booked and paid extra for. They really need to expand their wireless signal to include the ENTIRE hotel. This is standard nowdays. There is really no excuse and I wasn't too happy with the explanation that I should have come to the lobby. I think it's ridiculous to expect me to leave my 2 year old and 5 year old locked in the room alone, and I'm kind of shocked that this family resort would suggest such a thing.
3). Both the water in the water park and the air in the water park are freezing. The first day that we were there, my 2 year old was visibly shaking after just a few minutes in the pool. The a/c was on full blast. Not sure why. We had to keep getting in the hot tub just to warm up. Rates at this place are high enough, heat the water. The second day, the air was at least 10 degrees warmer. Obviously, they turned up the heat. Sorry, but in November, you can't have the room cold. No real reason for cold water, either.
4). A kid pooped in the baby pool while we were there. For whatever reason, that pool is connected to the dump bucket and the big yellow slide and all of the water attractions on the one end of the park. Everything was shut down for an hour to clean up. Unfortunately, the lifeguards didn't communicate with the lifeguard at the top of the yellow slide that they were shutting off the water. She sent one of my kids down, they shut the water off, and he got stuck halfway down. With half of the park shut down, our options were the basketball pool and the lazy river. We ended up leaving because my kids had done those already and were too small for the big slides. There was no compensation offer for people who missed out. I understand accidents happen - but is it really necessary to be shut down for an hour to fish out a few turds and run chlorine through?
4). 4pm check in and 11am check out are ridiculous. The prices here are high enough - hire more staff to clean the rooms faster and expand the hours. Sorry, but no one wants to use the locker room before or after they check out - esp not in winter - and then have to unload or load their car after being wet and in the water park.
5). Overall, I gave this the rating I did because my kids love the water park. We had a better time last time we came and that is why we came back. Too many things went wrong this time and not enough solutions were offered. I don't think it's the best deal in the area, and if my husband and I came without the kids we would skip it. It's also nice to be right next door to Bronners, but again, not a necessity worth paying these prices for that convenience.
6). This is directed to the management - Suite 1 has suffered some significant wear and tear since we last stayed in it 2 years ago (same weekend). It could use a good cleaning, a MAJOR upgrade to the heating system (it was either freezing or Dante's inferno in our room so I was up several times during the night adjusting the temperature) and the addition of a retractable clothesline in the shower to hang bathing suits to dry.

Room Tip: Closer to the lobby if you can help it - maybe you will get internet service.
4  Thank Amy L
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Rooms are really decent and very spacious. Only complaint is that the water is COLD!!!! in Splash village pools ( even my tough hubby complained). The water park itself is really great and my 3 year old son had a blast. He could do everything except the enclosed tube slide (too fast for the little ones). Ask for a balcony room with a view- ours overlooked another room and a wall- Bronners is right next door. Overall good hotel and town to hang out in for a night or two- gets you in the mood for Christmas. Chicken dinner taste test: we thought Bavarian Inn was better than Zehnders and their shops downstairs were cute.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Tylercameronsmom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The room, indoor water park, and overall hotel were nice but the staff were the rudest I have ever encountered. After putting $200 down as a deposit to hold two rooms, they refused to let my brothers check in when they arrived. I called FOUR times to work on getting things fixed and they made promises, got off the phone, and did nothing to honor the reservation. They were rude and incompetent. If you do stay there (which I don't recommend), bring all of your printed confirmations and receipts including credit card bill for the deposit.
It took over and hour and a half to get it ironed out. They finally admitted that it was their mistake but NEVER apologized or offered us any kind of compensation at all. The hotel restaurant staff were rude also, do NOT buy any kind of breakfast/dining package with your room, go out to eat.
The water park was a complete blast though, really a lot of fun and the kids loved it.

Room Tip: If you get adjoining rooms, you should know it is a french door (all glass panes with no curtain) between them and there is no privacy what so ever between the rooms.
3  Thank northvillelady
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Came for only an afternoon with the cub scouts. My son wanted to leave after five minutes because of a cheaper lifeguard told him be could not wear his goggles. He did wear them and all was ok. He had a blast in the park. Overall its a good waterpark for its size

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We had so much fun The water park is just the right size and clean hotel clean and rooms very clean and modern very comfortable. The staff was extra friendly especially Mason the dude in the arcade, our whole experience at Zehnder's was amazing and we will be back very soon....very family friendly place with very nice staff....

1  Thank louise h