“Nice getaway and very well kept place !”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Frankenmuth
Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We took our 2 boys, 10 and 12 to this hotel for 2 nights. Last getaway before school starts.
While will say the waterpark itself is geared towards children a bit younger, my kids and us had fun in the waterpark. It is well kept and clean.
The hotel looks very new, even though it isn't all that new. Our room/suite was very nice and we had lots of room for 4 of us.
I talked briefly to 2 different managers there, while they were helping the staff catch up and cleaning tables ! They were both long time employees and really enjoyed their job ! This makes for a great employee experience, which in turn makes a great guest experience ! Very professional and were happy to hear I noticed many things about their staff and service there.

Long story short, great value for a family trip there and you will be pleased.

My 10 year old said he wanted to go again for his birthday in December, and that is where we will go !!

PS The shopping at Birch Run being very close is a bonus !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Hello, thank you for the great review! We are so glad you and your family had a great time at our facility. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thanks again!

There are newer reviews for Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Eight of us including a sixteen month old and an eleven year old and six adults stayed in a loft suite for two nights. The room was clean with adequate space,and even enough towels. The water park area is well equipped and very well staffed. Good food and drink is readily available. Courteous lifeguards and waitstaff who seem happy to be there. They are currently adding on to the fun with new attractions. This is a great weekend spot. Bronners is next door and downtown is very near. The breakfast buffet was very worthwhile, good stuff. A special thanks to our waitress of two mornings, Jenny. She did an over the top fine job of attending to us, while really seeming to be glad to be there. We'll be back.

1  Thank philtwoharleys
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I'm happy to report that the older wings of the hotel have been completely renovated. When we were there about five years ago, the room we had was so bad that we complained and got upgraded to the new front building (now called the suites). But this time the room we had (in the older wings) looked great in every way.

The big negative this time was unexpected construction noise that started at 8 am. The hotel is shaped like a U, and they have completely torn up the entire space inside the U to expand the waterpark. Any room facing the inside of the U has a lovely view of the construction site. The construction noise/view was never mentioned to us by the hotel in the reservation or checking in process.

We all had a blast at the waterpark. Even though we were there on a Monday in early August, the waterpark never felt crowded. We were there from about 1:30 - 7:30 pm the day we arrived and from 9 to 1 the next day, and the line for the waterslides was never more than five minutes; most of the time, you could go again as soon as you got to the top. There was a nice variety of activities. It's worth noting that you can use the waterpark after you check out until 4, and they have adequate changing/showering facilities, including a "family" bathroom with a shower.

My one complaint would be that the demeanor of the lifeguards was highly variable; a couple guys even felt it was part of their job to spin or flip kids as they came out of the tubes without asking the kids if they wanted that or not. My son really did not want to be spun, and I had to speak to the lifeguard and ask him not to. Most of them seemed pretty bored instead of attentive.

It's worth noting that the hotel also has a pool (separate from the water park), but at its deepest it was only 3 feet 6 inches.

There is a small onsite restaurant; it is casual and most items are in the $10 range. There is a breakfast buffet, but I was pretty unimpressed and ordered the croissant sandwich (about the only thing on the menu - but it was very good).

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherri M

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the construction during your stay, as we are working hard to improve our facility. We are glad to hear your family have a great time in the waterpark and I will personally pass your observations, of our lifeguards, on to our Aquatics Manager so that we can use them as a training tool. We sincerely appreciate your business and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I found this hotel too pricy. Even though I had make the reservation for six people, there were only 2 bath towels, 2 cups, coffee etc. for 2 people. When we requested additional they were delivered promptly. We also got an early check - in which was nice...

• Stayed: August 2013

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Zehnder's Splash Village! We appreciate your candid feedback as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our overall guest experience. I apologize for your room only having two bath towels for six people, as we normally have enough towels for each registered guest. Our housekeeping staff should have caught that and I will personally go over your review with our Housekeeping team to ensure we are checking for that. As for the amount of coffee, we normally only place two coffee cups and two coffee pods in each room unless our guests request differently, due to the fact most of our rooms have more children than adults and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Again, thank you for your feedback and if I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to call me at 800-863-7999 or at webmaster@zehnders.com.

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Where to begin?

Summary:
If you're deaf, have no sense of smell, enjoy a good rip off, and crave unsatisfactory service, by all means, visit Zehnder's Splash Village.

Pros:
-Maintenance staff willing to help (thanks, Ryan)
-Arcade
-Nice swimming pool
-shares a parking lot with Bronner's

Cons:
-air conditioning unit sounded like a jet engine and could not be controlled (turned-off) without 2h of maintenance help and finally dismantling the entire device.
-had to be transferred to a different room from my family due to noise issues. Was assured there wouldn't be noise issues in the new room and the heavy construction wouldn't begin before 11AM. The jackhammer and excavator alarm clock was in full effect in the early AM. The hotel did not discount our stay or comp us for their ineptitude and inadequate accommodations either.
-the noise in the water park is insane. When people and children need to wear ear plugs, you know there's an issue. I didn't have my decibel reader app with me, but I wouldn't be surprised if the noise was in excess of 100 db. Upon leaving the waterpark, our heads were buzzing for hours
-some staff members are better suited for a morgue. Between their rude behavior and general despondency, many left quite a bit to be desired. Odd.
-the room smelled like stale cigarettes yet was marketed as a non smoking suite. Upon unpacking my clothing after returning home, everything had to be washed repeatedly to eradicate the disgusting odor (which smelled like cigarettes mixed with moth balls).
-the pizza at the cafe was largely inedible. You could taste one ingredient: salt.
-the doors in the tower building were not sound proof
-the water pressure in the shower was a mere trickle. It was impossible to wash-out shampoo
-the price was outrageous considering how crappy everything was. This is NO Great Wolf Lodge.
-the cleaning staff left tip envelopes in the rooms upon check-in! Gauche!
-everything was rather nasty looking and unclean looking.

As indicated in my title, I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. The only saving grace of this entire trip was Bronner's being in walking distance. Zehnder's should take notes on customer services from Bronner's.

I'd give this place 0/5 stars if I could.

3  Thank ImSamJones
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your displeasure with our facility and our staff, but I can assure you, your complete satisfaction is our only concern and if we have failed in our responsibility I sincerely apologize. Please call me personally at 800-863-7999 and I would be pleased to discuss your visit, comments and extend my personal invitation to return.

General Manager of Zehnder's Splash Village

Reviewed 15 August 2013

While my family has visited Frankenmuth several times in the past 5 years, this was the first time we decided to spend the night while on our way to Mackinac Island. I had seen Zehnder's during previous visits to Bronner's Christmas World and opted to book one night at Splash Village to allow our 7 year old daughter a chance to burn off some energy after a long car ride.

We spent minimal time in the room, which was on the second floor, but nicely decorated, comfortable and larger than a typical hotel room. The hallways and lobby area do a great job of theming, but it was the waterpark that impressed all of us.

It was clean, well-maintained and had lots of activities to keep everyone busy. There were seemingly a dozen life guards on duty watching over everyone. We all enjoyed our stay and the use of the waterpark.

My only comment involving staff was the less than enthusiastic front desk staff member that checked us in. As one of the first representatives of the hotel you meet, it's important to create a feeling that you are welcomed and that fun awaits. She didn't hit either of those two points. I know finding good people can be difficult for the front desk, but this gal clearly was going through the motions of checking us in and offered not one bit of enthusiasm.

Fortunately, she was the only sore spot on the visit as everyone else we encountered truly seemed to enjoy their job.

If you're looking for either a relaxing break after a long drive, or perhaps even a weekend getaway, I'd recommend a stop in Frankenmuth and a visit to Splash Village.

Room Tip: The hotel courtyard offers a tranquil area that avoids the noise of nearby road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AtlantaPhotog
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Hello, thank you so much for your candid feedback, we are so happy you chose to spend a portion of your trip with us. Please accept my apologies for any of our staff that did not meet the quality or the professional standards of Zehnder's Splash Village. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again sometime soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We just returned from zehnder's hotel where I was not impressed at all. we had booked 3 rooms, when we arrived there, 2 out of 3 rooms were ready, which was okay. They gave us our wrest bands and we were at the pool for few hours. When we finally made it to our rooms, we noticed that non of the 3 rooms had Wi-Fi. Apparently there was construction going on which resulted in the Wi-Fi being disconnected on the lower level on only one side of the building. I called the front desk they very rudely said that the whole building's Wi-Fi was down, yet when I walked in the hallways or was by the front desk, wifi was working. The lady on the phone lied. When I told her that what she told me was not true and not acceptable she plainly said theres nothing she can do for me. I explained to her that I had children with me that im putting to bed and about to start some work and required wifi, she told me that I can go to the front desk to do use wifi there. She wouldn't understand my point of not being able to leave my 7 and 2 year olds sleeping in the room by themselves. I asked her to get moved to another room, she said we have a full house. I was trying to come up to a solution. but she was very rude, not understanding and just wouldn't listen to what I was trying to tell her. Of course, all this despite the fact that the blanket on one of the 2 queen beds had some stain on it and I asked them to replace it. In the morning, late check out was not an option. The kids wanted to play at the pool again and I was told that I should have booked a 2 night if I needed more time or could use the bathrooms by the pool to change and shower the kids.They wouldn't give me late check out for a least 1 out of the 3 rooms we had booked. Very disappointed at the rude staff. otherwise, the kids had fun at the pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Rasha03

Hello, While we are happy to hear that your children had fun at our waterpark, we are disappointed to hear of your less than satisfactory experience at Zehnder's Splash Village. We sincerely apologize about the experience you had with us. It is our goal to have every guest leave satisfied and I am sorry we have not met that goal with you. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your visit as soon as possible to see if we can make it right. Please feel free to contact me personally at webmaster@zehnders.com or at 800-863-7999.

General Manager of Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#3 of 8 in Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark? Share your experiences!