“The waterpark is average”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Frankenmuth
Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Ypsilanti
“The waterpark is average”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We didn't stay overnight, just visited the waterpark. It is much smaller than several others within a 1 hour drive. The facilities were clean, and the staff was friendly, but generally everything was very cramped, from the undersized locker room to the narrow walkways in the park to the very short lazy river. If you're looking for a good weekend getaway, including Bronners and downtown Frankenmuth, this hotel is probably as good as any other, but if you're looking for a good waterpark destination, I might recommend another location. I should note that my children are over 10, and about half of the park is designed for smaller children.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shannon G
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our facility. We are glad that you found the facility to be clean and that the staff treated you well. Those are two things that we strive for with every guest. In terms of the waterpark, we are in the process of building a second waterpark to free up some space for our guests. We hope to be done by early next summer and would love for you to give us another try. Thanks for you review.
General Manager of Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We did the eat and stay package! Our family of four enjoy this hotel so much!! We would never stay anywhere else, my 2 and 4 year old have so much fun in there `kid` pool! We try to get here as much as possible. The guest service here is so friendly, we thought jayme was very nice very good person at front desk!!! You guys keep impressing us! Would suggest the eat and sleep package for anyone who visits!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank schoop2004
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Hello, thank you for the great review! We are so glad you and your family had a great time at our facility. I will personally pass on your kind comments to Jamie as I am sure she will be delighted to hear your family had such a wonderful time. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thanks again!

Saint Thomas, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Five of us went to splash village for the first time! My 5yr old, my best friend, her 3yr old, 5yr old and I and WOW we had the best time ever!I couldn't name one bad thing about Splash Village! I had reviewed some of the previous reviews and was kind of hesitant but everything was better than I ever imagined! The staff at the front desk were more than helpful and very friendly! We had the food package and the food was excellent as well as the service! We stayed in the family suite for two nights and it was clean, comfy and spacious. The water park was clean and the kids loved it, and the lifeguards were doing a great job doing what they are suppose to do, friendly but most important paying attention to the surrounding! Would I stay there again, YES no doubt about it! We have no complaints! The only thing I forgot was to let the staff know when I checked out that I wanted the rewards which I already signed up for online but forgot to tell them:(
I highly recommend the Splashtastic Package you won't be disappointed! We will be back!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kristen B
Hello, thank you for the great review! We are so glad you and your family had a great time at our facility. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thanks again!

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We took our 2 boys, 10 and 12 to this hotel for 2 nights. Last getaway before school starts.
While will say the waterpark itself is geared towards children a bit younger, my kids and us had fun in the waterpark. It is well kept and clean.
The hotel looks very new, even though it isn't all that new. Our room/suite was very nice and we had lots of room for 4 of us.
I talked briefly to 2 different managers there, while they were helping the staff catch up and cleaning tables ! They were both long time employees and really enjoyed their job ! This makes for a great employee experience, which in turn makes a great guest experience ! Very professional and were happy to hear I noticed many things about their staff and service there.

Long story short, great value for a family trip there and you will be pleased.

My 10 year old said he wanted to go again for his birthday in December, and that is where we will go !!

PS The shopping at Birch Run being very close is a bonus !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, 31 August 2013

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Eight of us including a sixteen month old and an eleven year old and six adults stayed in a loft suite for two nights. The room was clean with adequate space,and even enough towels. The water park area is well equipped and very well staffed. Good food and drink is readily available. Courteous lifeguards and waitstaff who seem happy to be there. They are currently adding on to the fun with new attractions. This is a great weekend spot. Bronners is next door and downtown is very near. The breakfast buffet was very worthwhile, good stuff. A special thanks to our waitress of two mornings, Jenny. She did an over the top fine job of attending to us, while really seeming to be glad to be there. We'll be back.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank philtwoharleys
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, 26 August 2013

Plainville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I'm happy to report that the older wings of the hotel have been completely renovated. When we were there about five years ago, the room we had was so bad that we complained and got upgraded to the new front building (now called the suites). But this time the room we had (in the older wings) looked great in every way.

The big negative this time was unexpected construction noise that started at 8 am. The hotel is shaped like a U, and they have completely torn up the entire space inside the U to expand the waterpark. Any room facing the inside of the U has a lovely view of the construction site. The construction noise/view was never mentioned to us by the hotel in the reservation or checking in process.

We all had a blast at the waterpark. Even though we were there on a Monday in early August, the waterpark never felt crowded. We were there from about 1:30 - 7:30 pm the day we arrived and from 9 to 1 the next day, and the line for the waterslides was never more than five minutes; most of the time, you could go again as soon as you got to the top. There was a nice variety of activities. It's worth noting that you can use the waterpark after you check out until 4, and they have adequate changing/showering facilities, including a "family" bathroom with a shower.

My one complaint would be that the demeanor of the lifeguards was highly variable; a couple guys even felt it was part of their job to spin or flip kids as they came out of the tubes without asking the kids if they wanted that or not. My son really did not want to be spun, and I had to speak to the lifeguard and ask him not to. Most of them seemed pretty bored instead of attentive.

It's worth noting that the hotel also has a pool (separate from the water park), but at its deepest it was only 3 feet 6 inches.

There is a small onsite restaurant; it is casual and most items are in the $10 range. There is a breakfast buffet, but I was pretty unimpressed and ordered the croissant sandwich (about the only thing on the menu - but it was very good).

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherri M
Hello, thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the construction during your stay, as we are working hard to improve our facility. We are glad to hear your family have a great time in the waterpark and I will personally pass your observations, of our lifeguards, on to our Aquatics Manager so that we can use them as a training tool. We sincerely appreciate your business and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I found this hotel too pricy. Even though I had make the reservation for six people, there were only 2 bath towels, 2 cups, coffee etc. for 2 people. When we requested additional they were delivered promptly. We also got an early check - in which was nice...

• Stayed August 2013
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Zehnder's Splash Village! We appreciate your candid feedback as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our overall guest experience. I apologize for your room only having two bath towels for six people, as we normally have enough towels for each registered guest. Our housekeeping staff should have caught that and I will personally go over your review with our Housekeeping team to ensure we are checking for that. As for the amount of coffee, we normally only place two coffee cups and two coffee pods in each room unless our guests request differently, due to the fact most of our rooms have more children than adults and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Again, thank you for your feedback and if I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to call me at 800-863-7999 or at webmaster@zehnders.com.

General Manager of Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark? Share your experiences!