We stayed for the weekend with another couple and six kids in all. The hotel is a little south of the main part of Frankenmuth, so walking "downtown" is a bit of a hike. However, Zehnder's does have a shuttle going back and forth every half an hour, which is very convienent.
As others have mentioned, the waterpark is very nice, clean and well supervised. It is a bit smaller than others we have been to, and as such, this one seems to cater to yournger children. Kids 13 years of age and older may find this one a bit tame, but it certainly is great fun for the little ones.
The on-site restaurant was decent with affordable prices which was a bit of a pleasant surprise.
The room was a bit of a dissapointment. It was a good size, everything worked quite well and it was clean. However, we were at the back of the property, which appeared to be the older section. The room had a really dated feel to it; carpet, painted wooden walls, old style and small bathroom, and kind of a stale, musty smell to it. Not really offensive, but just kind of stale. The beds were very firm, which was great for us as that is what we like. Lastly, our room looked out on the construction taking place which wasn't very nice, but i guess you can't fault the hotel for that.
All in all, this is a nice place for a short get-away with small childern. However, the rooms at the back of the property are somewhat underwelming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark offers 178 deluxe accommodations including 74 family suites. Enjoy over 50,000 sq. Ft. Of aquatic fun with our six-story family raft ride and super loop body slide; zero-entry activity pool with water geysers, water basketball and volleyball, Action River, Splash Landing play area, Dumping Bucket, Giggling Gorge and Perilous Plunge 4 story tube slides, relax in the Whimsical Whirl Hot Tub or just float along the Crooked Brook Creek Lazy River. For the landlubber have fun at our arcade or lunch at Elf hollow cafe or the Mushroom Grille. A towering 26-foot tree is a prominent feature in the hotel lobby with a large gas fireplace built into the trunk. Zehnder's Splash Village includes elves and fairies as part of the waterpark and hotel's overall theme. Complimentary shuttle service is available to Zehnder's Restaurant and The Fortress Golf Course. Come and join the fun today at one of Michigans top family destinations and Frankenmuth's largest and only indoor waterpark, Zehnder's Splash Village Frankenmuth, MI. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Zehnder`s Splash Village Hotel And Waterpark
- Zehnders Splash Village Frankenmuth
- Zehnders Splash Village Hotel Waterpark
- Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark Frankenmuth, Michigan