A friend of ours recommended staying at Zender's Splash Village. We got a family suite upgrade for only 25 dollars extra! The suite was beautiful and just off the main hall to the water park. We did not have any trouble with excess noise that other people complained of. We got treated to a movie each night we stayed there in the lobby. The pizza and cheese bread were AWESOME! The water park was great for our 2 & 3 year old. We spent most of the time in the small pool until my 3 year old fell in love with the slides. My only complaint is that the lifeguards were not paying attention to what was going on at the purple kiddie slides or the green slide attached to the slash pad. When there was only one it was great. They watched the kids getting off and on. However, when there were 2 on the same slide they were busy talking to each other and not watching who was going down the slides at all. We were there for 3 days and it happened each day, every time there were 2 lifeguards at the slides. Since this is a water park I think their job as a lifeguard should be taken more carefully. We were lucky enough to have 2 other adults with us so we were able to watch our children closely. There were lots of kids without direct supervision. I mentioned this at the front desk and was told they would look into the issue.
Overall, the stay was fabulous. The hotel is nice, clean, and close to downtown. We can't wait to go back when the extension opens!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark offers 178 deluxe accommodations including 74 family suites. Enjoy over 50,000 sq. Ft. Of aquatic fun with our six-story family raft ride and super loop body slide; zero-entry activity pool with water geysers, water basketball and volleyball, Action River, Splash Landing play area, Dumping Bucket, Giggling Gorge and Perilous Plunge 4 story tube slides, relax in the Whimsical Whirl Hot Tub or just float along the Crooked Brook Creek Lazy River. For the landlubber have fun at our arcade or lunch at Elf hollow cafe or the Mushroom Grille. A towering 26-foot tree is a prominent feature in the hotel lobby with a large gas fireplace built into the trunk. Zehnder's Splash Village includes elves and fairies as part of the waterpark and hotel's overall theme. Complimentary shuttle service is available to Zehnder's Restaurant and The Fortress Golf Course. Come and join the fun today at one of Michigans top family destinations and Frankenmuth's largest and only indoor waterpark, Zehnder's Splash Village Frankenmuth, MI. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Zehnder`s Splash Village Hotel And Waterpark
- Zehnders Splash Village Frankenmuth
- Zehnders Splash Village Hotel Waterpark
- Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark Frankenmuth, Michigan