We (trophy wife, daughter and grand-daughter and myself) stayed three nights at the hotel. The week-end was very crowded, especially Saturday. They apparently sell waterpark only tickets as well as guest passes to the park. Since it was hot that weekend, Saturday was basically overbooked. The waterpark itself is very small compared to other parks we have been to visit. Only two true tube slides. The rest of the park is mainly set up for small children. The "lazy river" is tiny. There is not enough seating to accommodate those who are just there to keep an eye on their kids and it is situated so that there are no direct lines of sight between seating and where the action is happening. They are in the process of building a bigger waterpark and this may alleviate some of the problem. I would say that the cost of staying at the hotel coupled with the use of the waterpark and a trip to Zehnder's downtown for a chicken dinner is on the high side of affordable. About the only things we really enjoyed was the buffet breakfast and sitting in the separate pool/hot tub area that was located just down from our room on the back of the hotel. The hotel is sitting right next to Bronner's Christmas store, so there is plenty of parking on the side, but not nearly enough out in front of the hotel. In addition, the entrance off of the main road is not well marked and quite narrow. It is also right next to the entrance to Bronner's so I saw quite a few people turn into the wrong driveway. Overall, the rooms were clean (though on the old side), they buffet was delicious and what little time we spent in the waterpark was enjoyable enough. However, I am not sure we would ever return as I felt it was a bit expensive for what we received.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark offers 178 deluxe accommodations including 74 family suites. Enjoy over 50,000 sq. Ft. Of aquatic fun with our six-story family raft ride and super loop body slide; zero-entry activity pool with water geysers, water basketball and volleyball, Action River, Splash Landing play area, Dumping Bucket, Giggling Gorge and Perilous Plunge 4 story tube slides, relax in the Whimsical Whirl Hot Tub or just float along the Crooked Brook Creek Lazy River. For the landlubber have fun at our arcade or lunch at Elf hollow cafe or the Mushroom Grille. A towering 26-foot tree is a prominent feature in the hotel lobby with a large gas fireplace built into the trunk. Zehnder's Splash Village includes elves and fairies as part of the waterpark and hotel's overall theme. Complimentary shuttle service is available to Zehnder's Restaurant and The Fortress Golf Course. Come and join the fun today at one of Michigans top family destinations and Frankenmuth's largest and only indoor waterpark, Zehnder's Splash Village Frankenmuth, MI. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Zehnder`s Splash Village Hotel And Waterpark
- Zehnders Splash Village Frankenmuth
- Zehnders Splash Village Hotel Waterpark
- Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark Frankenmuth, Michigan