“Nice Average Hotel”

The Marv Herzog Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was my second time in Frankemuth but my first time staying at the Marv Herzog Hotel. This is one of the smaller hotels in the area. It is within walking distance to all the local attractions except for Bronner’s which is less than a 5 min drive. It is also about a 15 mins drive to the Birch Run outlet mall. We arrived an hour before check in and there were no issues to get us checked in early and the staff were very friendly. There is one front desk staff member which I felt was enough. If they were busy there was phone that you take off the hook and it rings in the back which alerts the hotel staff that help is needed at the front desk. The rooms were average, they were a nice size, had comfy beds and pillows. Each room has a balcony attached to it which I LOVED! I would go out in the morning a drink my coffee while watching people walk the streets. There are two sides you can stay on, the street view side or the riverside. We stayed on the street view side which is a little noisier (you can hear the traffic and any loud people walking the streets at night) but I would stay on the street side again. It was the shaded side in the mornings while the riverside was full sun in the morning and I enjoyed people watching in the mornings from my balcony which you wouldn't get from the river view (which would be much quieter). The room had a bathroom with a large vanity to spread out all of my toiletries on. I found the shower to be very spacious and a high shower head which I appreciate being almost 6 feet. The hotel isn’t the quietest you could hear people in the halls at night however I don’t understand why people feel the need to talk loudly in the halls at night when staying in a hotel! You could also hear the street traffic in the morning (there isn't much at night) so if you are a light sleeper riverside would be better for you to sleep in. The breakfast buffet is free and is average with lots of variety to choose from (eggs, toast, sausage, homefries, oatmeal, muffins, donuts, waffles, juice and coffee). The Chef that was in charge of breakfast was a little much for me. She was very nice but didn't know when to stop talking. The first morning we ate quickly before she came to our table to talk and the second morning we decided to eat outside on the patio to enjoy a quiet breakfast. However if you are a talker and don’t mind having someone stand over you while eating you would enjoy her. The hotel also offers a free happy hour from 5-7pm each night where each person gets 2 free beverages (beer, wine or soda) and a few snacks (chips, pretzels, veggies & dip, soup and baked potato) we took advantage of this each night and sat out on the patio which was very quiet. They have underground parking at this hotel which is free. I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it for an adult getaway. There are no pools at this hotel but most of the other hotels in the area have a pool which may be more suited to kids if you were travelling with them.

Room Tip: If you want quiet go with the riverside view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank keclarke

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Arrived early, employee was friendly and was able to get us a room right away which was nice. Room was spacious and very clean on the main floor. Loved the snacks ( carrots & celery, salad, baked potato, soup, chips, pretzels and 2 drinks/pers (beer & wine) which were served between 5-7, and breakfast had a good selection and very filling. (Scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, biscuits & gravy, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, apples, oranges , juice and coffee.) Loved the location just steps away from the heart of shopping and restaurants. The frankenmuth brewery restaurant is on the right side hotel about a two minute walk, good food and convient location with the rainy weather we had during our stay. This hotel is definitely more of an adult hotel, no pool, which was nice as it was a couple day retreat away from our teens. The free hotel parking is located right underneath the hotel which was nice as it was raining when we left. We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel to friends.

4  Thank travellingirl72
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is in the heart of main street. It is convenient for walking the main street to visit the shops. They have a choice of beer, wine or soda in the evening. The staff is very friendly and bends over backwards to help. Would definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Very near the center of tourist activities.
1  Thank Pam L
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My original reservation was for the second floor, but I added a day to my visit and was bumped down to the first floor. Do Not stay on the first floor of this hotel. I laid in bed being kept awake by foot traffic and slamming doors from the second floor room above me. I know you will hear people in any hotel, but this was beyond anything I had experienced before. It sounded like a herd of large animals was pacing above me. Plus, the plumbing from others rooms is very loud on the first floor. it was also very inconvenient that there was no ice machine on the first floor. To get ice you have to go to the second or third floors. The evening reception was okay, the offerings were a couple wines and one beer with veggies and chips for the snacks. All the staff were nice, but that was not enough to cancel out the irritation of the night noise.

Room Tip: Do not stay on first floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cori1523
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel especially after staying at two different Holiday Inn Expresses. We are a family of 4 (girls 16 and 12). Very clean, balconies (not private but no one was ever out when I was), great big deck overlooking river with gliders and table and chairs. You can park and walk everywhere but you'll want to drive to Christmas store. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel was clean and staffed by the most friendly and helpful people. The room was large and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was surprisingly appetizing with fresh scrambled eggs, waffles, bacon.....and the usual. Complimentary cocktail as a welcome was pleasant also. Convenient parking was available in underground garage. Great location for walking to most of the attractions.

Room Tip: There is garden side and river side. Garden side is the street side which is ok, but sun is strong...
1  Thank Karen L
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful! The hotel was clean and well accommodating. Hot breakfast was standard but good. Evening beer & wine reception with snacks was a nice break in the day. Great location & underground parking garage was perfect! Will stay here again!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Debbie B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run

Been to The Marv Herzog Hotel? Share your experiences!