The Marv Herzog Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed 9 January 2011

We stayed at this hotel twice last year and I am confused by some of the reviews. We were never asked to fill out a paper and specify what items we would like for breakfast and to pick out a time we wanted to eat in 15 minute increments, I find this hard to believe. Our first stay there was during Snowfest 2010 and the hotel was full, we were not asked to fill anything out. Our second stay was last month a few days before Christmas. It was great to walk around see the lights etc. & return to our room to soak in the Jacuzzi great location! As for the TV being old...I didn't really pay attention, but I know it wasn't black and white ;-) The bed was comfortable both times and the toilet paper didn't hurt our butts. This will be the only place we will ever stay when we visit Frankenmuth.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wench01

Reviewed 4 January 2011

The Marv Herzog Hotel in Frankenmuth has it all! From covered and secure parking to a complimentary happy hour, our stay here was perfect! The rooms are clean and well appointed, and commemorate a year in the life of polka band leader Marv Herzog. A hot breakfast in the morning is included in the room rate, and the staff is very friendly. Situated in the heart of downtown, this hotel was a perfect little getaway for me and my daughter....highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We paid more for this hotel because we expected it to be a little nicer then other hotels in Frankenmuth. It was NOT worth the money. The room was small but it was very clean. The TV looks very old. The bedding was pathetic. The sheets were like a thin rag and the comforter was so thin. Housekeeping never cleaned our room and my husband had to get the towels and a garbage bag downstairs! Called the front desk several times over the two night stay and no one ever answered the phone. The breakfast was OK. On the second morning there we were asked to fill out a paper and specify what items we would like for breakfast and to pick out a time we wanted to eat in 15 minute increments. The last thing I want on a relaxing weekend away is to worry about going to breakfast at a certain time. I really regret not staying across the street where we stayed last year for $75.00 cheaper. We chose this hotel based on the reviews here. My advise would be to stay at Springhill suites. I sure wish we would have.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2010

We had a King room overlooking the river. Very quiet. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was spotless. My only complalints were, tv was older and there was only one comfortable recliner chair in the room. I would have rather had two comfortable chairs and small table to eat off. No table in the room. After a full day of walking this was missed. But the balcony and the view from it was beautiful. We were on the top (3rd) floor.
We were able to leave our car at the hotel and walk every where except Bronners. That was great. Look for coupons online. That was the best rate for us and they included breakfast and 2 drinks each in the evening.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2010

This was a second stay for my husband and I. We love the convenience of parking our car in the underground lot. Upon our arrival the person at the front desk must have been the only person working. After about 5 minutes the lobby began filling up with other people waiting to check in. Another couple waiting behind us called the hotel on their cell phone to get someone's attention. We were all laughing about it, but it was unusual.

The building fits into the feel of Frankenmuth. It is fairly new and extremely clean. No pool, but as others have said I believe this is why you don't see children in the hotel. The place is very quiet and peaceful. The brewery is right next door, everything else (Zhender's, Bavarian Inn, shopping, bars, etc.) is within walking distance. If you're a walker like my husband and I, it is a nice walk to Bronner's. Just make sure to wear walking shoes! I'd recommend Tiffany's pizza. Never been interested in TDub's. You can't walk down main street without smelling fudge... beware! :)

The hotel room is pretty nice and extremely clean and quiet as is the rest of the hotel. There is a mini fridge in the room which was great after a visit to the Cheese Haus. The Happy Hour (2 complimentary drinks per person + snacks) is a lot of fun on the patio. Breakfast had an impressive number of choices. There were eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, yogurt, cold cereals, French toast and a waffle maker to make your own. The eggs are most likely powered but everything else was tasty.

Everyone in the hotel has always been very friendly. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amybdetroit
Reviewed 16 September 2010

We wanted a quick getaway weekend to de-stress and booked at the Marv Herzog Hotel in Frankenmuth at the recommendation of my daughter and son in law. They make it their yearly anniversary get-away and now I know why. The hotel itself is so charming in it's decor and memory of Marv Herzog. The room we had, overlooking the Cass river, was a delight. Clean, comfortable, and peaceful. Each morning when we looked out over the balcony to see the peaceful river, trees, covered bridge and other Bavarian-styled buildings downriver it felt as if we were in a far-away place with nothing to do but enjoy the countryside. If you are looking for more activity, then book a room on the city side where you can watch the people shopping and enjoying Main Street in Frankenmuth. The hotel staff is exemplary in their attitude and helpfulness. If you are a fan of Marv Herzog's polkas you can even purchase his cds right there. Each morning a complimentary hot breakfast buffet is available, each evening complimentary snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered to each guest. The hotel is in a perfect location for enjoying Frankenmuth. The brewery is nearly next door and has a great dinner menu and excellent craft beers. All of the shopping, carriage rides, boat cruises are in easy walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MIfly
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Wanted to do a day of shopping at Birch Run, then spend the night somewhere as a mini getaway. Based on the other reviews of this hotel, decided to try it. I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff couldn't have been friendlier and helpful. After a day of walking around Birch Run, it was nice relaxing at the hotel's afternoon snack time (2 drinks per person (choice of beer or wine) and chips, pretzels, tortilla chips with hot cheese sauce and crudites). There is a deck overlooking the river with tables and chairs. Our room was on the first floor on the riverside just off the lobby. Had no noise issues at all. We wanted to eat somewhere other than the touristy chicken places, and the staff recommended the Frankenmuth Brewery just up the street, where we had a delicious dinner. Our room was very clean, with wonderful high ceilings, refrigerator and small microwave, and an extremely comfortable queen bed. Full breakfast in the morning with juice, coffee, cereals, fruit, very tasty scrambled eggs, sausage patties, french toast, make your Belgian waffles. We will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SirWinIII
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Comfort Inn Birch Run
Comfort Inn Birch Run
#4 of 8 in Birch Run

Been to The Marv Herzog Hotel? Share your experiences!