“Nice chicken dinners but rude staff”

Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: 1,200-seat German-themed dining rooms offer a variety of meals - from Frankenmuth-style chicken to Wiener Schnitzel and other German specialties, vegetarian and Gluten Free menus. Catering available. Lower level Castle Shops include Jester's Cafe offering meals to go and 8 other Specialty Shops.
Reviewed 4 December 2013

When we first entered the basement restaurant, the staff were rude and ignored us while we waited to give our names. They just didn't want to talk to us and I had to repeat myself 4 times before someone actually looked at us and answered. Luckily, the waitresses inside the restaurant were very nice. The chicken dinner and mash was really nice.

KimberlyRamirez, Manager at Bavarian Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you talking the time to share it with us. I also appreciate you highlighting the good comments about your meal, but I am so sorry to hear about the service. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond for our guests with exceptional serivce, and always do what we can to make things right when we fall short of that goal. I would value the time to speak with you in person about the visit and service. Please contact me at the restaurant at your earliest convenience, Kim Ramirez Hospitality Division Manager. Thank you again, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,401)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The atmosphere was good, the food was delicious, and the service was great. Nothing more to ask for. My husband and I had a very good time.
If you order the German style dinner, please don't order any appetizers. The dinner itself offers a variety of side dishes, more than one can eat.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I've had the chicken dinner a number of times at the Bavarian Inn. It is certainly an experience with the multiple courses and the decor and staff uniforms. But, after a few times, I'm not sure I really need to go back especially if there is a wait.

If you like chicken on the bone, you'll probably really enjoy it. But, I'm not a huge fan of having to fight with the chicken for very little meat and the side items are nothing spectacular.

So, if you are in Frankenmuth for the first time give it a shot, but I don't think it's really worth coming back to.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I went to the Bavarian Inn for the first time and were completely blown away by the amount of food and the inexpensive prices! The fried chicken is the best chicken we have had from a restaurant. There are also many different shops in the basement, and even a horse and carriage ride outside which we took part in.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The Bavarian inn restaurant delivered as promised. We visited on thanksgiving which must be their busiest day of the year since the place was still very full and continuing seating at 7:00! Despite being very busy we we're seated quickly and our waiter arrived promptly to take our order. We ordered the chicken/turkey thanksgiving special and we're not disappointed with the quality or quantity of food. We'd visit again!