“Gone down hill”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Detroit, Michigan
“Gone down hill”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel used to be a lot cleaner. Looks like they don't care anymore. The windows had mildew and dirt around them. I wanted to open the window but did not want to touch it. The bathroom floor was dirty also especially in the corners. Not sure if I'll be going back anymore.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gypsie
FFIFMUTH, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hello gypsie,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback via TripAdvisor. At the FairField Inn, everything we do is aimed to meet or exceed our guest expecations and live up to the Marriott standards. From your comments, I see that we did not achieve that.

I wanted to take a moment and let you know that we still do care, and will continue to do everything possible to meet or exceed your expectations the next time you are in Frankenmuth. We are currently changing management at the property and I assure you that the degree of detail you expect from a Marriott will be restored.

If there is anything else we can do or if you would like to speak with us directly at the property, please feel free to contact myself at ffi.mbsfr.gm@marriott.com. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and we look forward to re-gainig your trust.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I love this place. The only thing that I would need that it doesn't have is a refrigerator in each room for all the leftovers you get at the amazing restaurants around town. The beds are cozy, the location is perfect and the price is just right. I would try to get a room on the main floor in the hopes that no one will break the rules of smoking in their non-smoking hotel. What a drag to wake up to the smell of cigarettes, a cough and sore throat on a vacation!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is an older property, but is up to date. This hotel is not a highest Marriott's chain (Marriott), but is definitely up to Marriott's standards. Very reasonable rate, especially during off peak season. Staff do take customer satisfaction very seriously. Everyone was pleasant, efficient, very accommodating and also professional. Bed was very comfortable with nice up to date bedding. Loved the big plasma TV. Great for watching a basketball game. Super great reception. Everything was super clean. Heat/air conditioner worked fine. Shower was hot. I got a great night's sleep. I stayed at this hotel 3 times so far in a different rooms. All of the rooms were on the first floor. Never had any noise issues and got a great night's sleep. Maybe I just got lucky or maybe it's a comfort of the bed. Computer in the lobby worked great. Every time I stayed at this hotel, I was able to enjoy the hot tub. Clean & Hot. I'd say 101° - 102° I would love it at 104°, but it was plenty hot and I really enjoyed it. Breakfast area was very comfortable. I personally love Fairfield's breakfast and this one did not disappointed. Breakfast staff really did a great job. As I mentioned, this is not a "Marriott". This is a "Fairfield by Marriott". That's why it is about $70-$120 a night, depending on the season and not $250-$400. There is always a room for improvements and I am sure management knows it. Based on my 3 stays at this Fairfield Inn, I will definitely be back and looking forward to it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 135catherineg
Michigan
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have stayed here a few times and never had any issues. It is a great value. Decent rooms, GREAT breakfast, good location and great staff. Some of their chairs could be updated in the breakfast room but I consider that minor in my overall evaluation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Frankenmuth the weekend of April 11th & 12th, 2014. The rooms were OK...just your basic room.

The Good:
Great location--within walking distance to everything!
Staff--friendly

The Not So Good:
Frig: is not provided (for some reason I thought there would be one in the room)
Pool / Hot Tub--we checked out the hot tub the first night and didn't want to set foot in it. Didn't look very clean.

I booked this room using my AAA membership. I think if I was going to spend another weekend in Frankenmuth I would try one of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MichiganGal66
FFIFMUTH, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Michigangal66, thank you very much for taking some time to provide us with feedback. We greatly appreicate you staying with us while you were in Frankenmuth. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our friednly service and location. I am greatly sorry the cleanliness of the spa was not up to your standard. Please know that we will do everything we can to ensure that this is corrected so it will not happen again. If there is anything else we can do to assist you please do not hesitate to call the hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time your in Frankenmuth.
Lansing, MI
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed at this Fairfield Inn back in February. We were in town for a local gymnastics meet and decided to stay for the whole weekend. We were very pleased with our stay. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and well appointed.

The kids loved the pool area. They swam several times over the entire weekend. The staff was wonderul and very helpful. The breakfast was standard for a Fairfield, no complaints there.

The location to downtown was perfect. We were able to walk to most everything even in February!

Needless to say, we are already planning our return visit!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!