“Decent Property”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Have visited Frankenmuth several times. Love this quaint little town. This Marriott property was an average Fairfield Inn. Have definitely stayed at better, newer Fairfield's. For the price that we paid, $79, it was fine. If we had paid the high in-season prices, would have felt disappointed. The entire property just seemed to need an update. The free breakfast was sufficient. Was disappointed that it did not have the typical Fairfield inn breakfast sandwiches. Would stay at the sister property next time for extra space in the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
FFIFMUTH, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hello loveisbliss,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We take great pride in our hotel in this wonderful little town of Frankenmuth. Here at the FairField Inn by Marriott, we strive to meet every guests needs and expectations. Our goal is to provide excellent service and clean rooms at an affordable price. We are looking forward to a renovation at this property in the coming year and hope you will come back to see what changes have been made.

Again, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

-Matthew Morgrette

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent two nights here in May and it was an okay visit. The really bad part was the walls are so thin you can here what goes on in the rom next to you or all the conversations in the halls. We were not the only ones bothered by it as that was the main conversation in the breakfast room among other guests. I also do not feel the hotel is equipped to handle a busload of travelers. The breakfast room could not accommodate everyone comfortably and the front desk staff seemed flustered and unable to assist others just asking questions and trying to check-in. The only employee that did an excellent job was the breakfast lady. She kept everything filled and running smoothly. I felt the rooms were clean and comfortable but nothing out of the ordinary just average. My opinion is go the Drury Hotel up the road. The service at the Drury Hotel is beyond compare

2  Thank Dick F
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel used to be a lot cleaner. Looks like they don't care anymore. The windows had mildew and dirt around them. I wanted to open the window but did not want to touch it. The bathroom floor was dirty also especially in the corners. Not sure if I'll be going back anymore.

1  Thank gypsie
FFIFMUTH, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hello gypsie,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback via TripAdvisor. At the FairField Inn, everything we do is aimed to meet or exceed our guest expecations and live up to the Marriott standards. From your comments, I see that we did not achieve that.

I wanted to take a moment and let you know that we still do care, and will continue to do everything possible to meet or exceed your expectations the next time you are in Frankenmuth. We are currently changing management at the property and I assure you that the degree of detail you expect from a Marriott will be restored.

If there is anything else we can do or if you would like to speak with us directly at the property, please feel free to contact myself at ffi.mbsfr.gm@marriott.com. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and we look forward to re-gainig your trust.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I love this place. The only thing that I would need that it doesn't have is a refrigerator in each room for all the leftovers you get at the amazing restaurants around town. The beds are cozy, the location is perfect and the price is just right. I would try to get a room on the main floor in the hopes that no one will break the rules of smoking in their non-smoking hotel. What a drag to wake up to the smell of cigarettes, a cough and sore throat on a vacation!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Sandra D
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is an older property, but is up to date. This hotel is not a highest Marriott's chain (Marriott), but is definitely up to Marriott's standards. Very reasonable rate, especially during off peak season. Staff do take customer satisfaction very seriously. Everyone was pleasant, efficient, very accommodating and also professional. Bed was very comfortable with nice up to date bedding. Loved the big plasma TV. Great for watching a basketball game. Super great reception. Everything was super clean. Heat/air conditioner worked fine. Shower was hot. I got a great night's sleep. I stayed at this hotel 3 times so far in a different rooms. All of the rooms were on the first floor. Never had any noise issues and got a great night's sleep. Maybe I just got lucky or maybe it's a comfort of the bed. Computer in the lobby worked great. Every time I stayed at this hotel, I was able to enjoy the hot tub. Clean & Hot. I'd say 101° - 102° I would love it at 104°, but it was plenty hot and I really enjoyed it. Breakfast area was very comfortable. I personally love Fairfield's breakfast and this one did not disappointed. Breakfast staff really did a great job. As I mentioned, this is not a "Marriott". This is a "Fairfield by Marriott". That's why it is about $70-$120 a night, depending on the season and not $250-$400. There is always a room for improvements and I am sure management knows it. Based on my 3 stays at this Fairfield Inn, I will definitely be back and looking forward to it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 135catherineg
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have stayed here a few times and never had any issues. It is a great value. Decent rooms, GREAT breakfast, good location and great staff. Some of their chairs could be updated in the breakfast room but I consider that minor in my overall evaluation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Comfort Inn Birch Run
Comfort Inn Birch Run
#4 of 8 in Birch Run

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!