“great location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great location: in downtown Frankenmuth, walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Just 10 mins drive to Birch Run Outlets. Clean room, but has no fridge or microwave in the room (only one microwave at the main entrance). Bathroom may need some upgrades. Wonderful staff, fixed my billing problem very quickly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Marriot I believe raised the class of this location but for the life of me, I cannot understand why. It has slowly gone downhill despite the wonderful staff. The rooms smell (smoke odor is " h e a v y" and there is mold around the tubs. The air works but you have to run it around the clock and it is noisy. The pool area is very clean and that is appreciated. Breakfast was ok, but not sure about the scrambled eggs, the day we ate there they tasted very strange so we left them. The location is very good as it is just up the road from Zhenders and The Bavarian Inn. The Springhill Suites seems to be much better value down the road. The rate for a standard King bed room of $130.00 is too high for the room especially since it does even have a fridge and microwave. I would imagine just about everybody has leftovers from the 2 famous restaurants.

Room Tip: Standard rooms do not have fridge and microwave. Check room for smells before settling in. We were t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank sushicrazy
FFIFMUTH, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Sushicrazy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our location and your stay overall. As for your comment about the smoke smell in your room, I sincerely apologize. We are a non-smoking hotel and I will be reviewing our procedures on how to properly clean and sanitize rooms that have been smoked in with my housekeeping staff. We take our guests concerns very seriously and we strive to provide you with a clean and comfortable room. However, I'm glad you were able to enjoy our pool with the outdoor patio area. It is typically a big hit with all of our guests and many of them enjoy sitting outside in the morning to enjoy their coffee or relax in the evening just catching up with family and friends. I want to thank you again for staying with the FairField Inn and leaving us your review. I hope that we will see you back in the hotel again soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The staff tried to be helpful but the 1st room had mold in the bathroom and we could not use the bath. We were changed the next night to another room that was without the mold but with the same problems with the bath drain. The manger was alerted to the problem on the first room but just changed the room, not knowing, I am sure, that he sent us to a room with the same problem. When called about the issue with the second room the manger seemed annoyed that we called. For the price, it was not a good stay. The linens were clean and the lobby was well kept but, the staff at the front desk was more interested in paper work then customers. It was in a nice location, but for the price and service you could do better.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Skimo11
FFIFMUTH, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Skimo11,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We take our guests concerns very seriously and I would like you to know that we have reviewed our maintenance procedures to ensure that all guests concerns are promptly attended to. I'm glad to hear that the room cleanliness was to your satisfaction as we strive to provide a clean and comfortable room for all our guests. Thank you again for leaving us a review and for staying with us here at the FairField Inn of Franknemuth.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The staff is great! The hotel is so modern! Pool and rooms are great! Usually when we come to frankenmuth with the kids we stay at zehnders but they were full. My husband and I always stay here when we come by ourself so we said let's do it. The kids love it and it's right in the mix of the city!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Ronna1024

Dear Ronna1024,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. I am also glad that you found our location to be so convenient for you. Being able to stay right in the heart of Frankenmuth is ideal no matter what time of the year. Thank you again for leaving us a review. We certainly appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay at this hotel located in the heart of Frankenmuth. At first we were told on the phone they were booked. We called again 45 mins later and there was a cancellation, whooohoo! Everything else in the area was booked so we were lucky. We stayed in room 301, very spacious! Clean, no smoke smell, tastefully decorated. I have only 2 complaints. This room has a street lamp situated outside the window, the bed I was sleeping in was brightly illuminated all night long. The room darkening curtains are non functional and cannot be closed all the way shut. My other complaint is the super low shower heads. The pool and hot tub were nice. The free breakfast in the morning was very nice, not too crowded at all at 8:30am. I was very pleased, we will continue to stay here on future yearly visits.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bethlh
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is in a great location. We were able to walk to shops and restaurants. The hotel was nice and they offered free breakfast each morning. Our room was nice a clean. The beds were comfortable. The only thing I would have liked in the room would have been a mini fridge.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

we stated at Fairfield from June 25-28, 2014. This is only the second time we have stayed here. We typically stay at the Springfield, which is next door. Room was clean and spacious however, we stayed on the second floor in a jacuzzi suite, and there was ALOT of noise! Sounded like the people above us were stomping back and forth constantly. There were a lot of kids staying there as well who kept running up and down the hallway and screaming! Other than that, the hotel is nice and staff very very nice. John, the maintenance man is extremely nice!! Some rooms do not have refrigerators, so if you need a fridge for your stay be sure to check that your room has one. The first time we stayed at Fairfield, when we entered our room, there was potato chips and crumbs on the floor and a pair of children's sandles left in the jacuzzi tub, which tells me that it was not cleaned after the last people left. After we alerted the front desk a maid came immediately and scrubbed the tub and vacuumed. The manager also gave us a voucher for one night free...on our next stay. Would have rather had them deduct that from our bill. The only reason we stayed here again this visit is because Springfield had no available rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Comfort Inn Birch Run
Comfort Inn Birch Run
#4 of 8 in Birch Run

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!