Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed 22 March 2010

The hotel was very clean, and bright color scheme, has a wonderful breakfast and wonderful staff. Our departure was with kasey, she was very nice and helped us with our luggage cart. my husband was very impressed with everything about our stay..will be back!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank yateskathy

Reviewed 2 February 2010

Even though there was no smiling face waiting for us at the desk, we made some noise and someone came out to register us in. The staff was friendly, after reading the reviews I wasn't sure what to expect. If you allergic to feather pillows bring your own. We stayed in Room 320 away from the elevator, the room is very bright and cheery and new carpet in the stairwell. The queen bed was very comfortable but had no regular sheets--feather/or fiberfilled duvet it was very short--we would have like sheets and a comforter. Breakfast was in the middle but you didn't go hungry....they even had belgian waffle makers. Our stay was very relaxing during the snowfest in January. We would stay again, you get great parking to enjoy walking downtown at night without driving everything is close by. See you in June.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2009

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Frankenmuth on December 22nd. The hotel was in a good location downtown and was within walking distance to several restaurants, but we needed to drive to Riverwalk and definitely Bronners.
The manager who checked us in wasn't particularly friendly. We asked about the location of a couple of restaurants. He gave us the information but failed to tell us that practically all restaurants in town close at 9pm. Given that we arrived late, we ended up visiting four restaurants in 16 degree weather until we finally found one that would serve us.
The hotel itself is okay. I wouldn't rate it as nice as other Fairfield Inns we have stayed at. The rooms were updated and clean, but the common areas were a bit dated. We didn't eat breakfest at the hotel, but it looked like a decent setup, with coffee, juice, cereal, yogurt, toast, etc.
In the future, we'll probably pay the extra $10 and see if the Springhill Suites is nicer.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Took 3 attemtps & a room switch to finally make it into my room because the first door was broken. When I got to the door, there was a tag on the door telling me that everything may be damp because it was just shampooed - as in, the couch, carpet, chairs - everything. This made the room extremely damp. Evertyhing in the room was wet. Thankfully, i switched rooms & the sencond room wasn't as damp.

There is a general smell of "hey, i'm covering up dirt w/ chemicals" in the air. There's also a general vibe of "hey, i used to be old & ugly & they gave me new wallpaper & art on the walls & don't u think I'm cute now?". The answer is no.

"Fitness Center" consisted of 2 treadmills & 1 stair stepper. 1 treadmill & the stair stepper were out of order. No weights - nothing else. Just broken down equipment. Thankfully there is a stairwell that you can use to get some real exercise.......although it's only 3 levels.

I had no issue w/ the front desk staff - she was very helpful & friendly even though she was getting pulled in all directions.

I would DEFINITELY look elsewhere if I ever had to come back to Frankenmuth. This place just feels like a roadside motel in need of a facelift.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Travel222Much
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I was in Frankenmuth last week and stayed at the Fairfield Inn. I have no complains about the hotel. The rooms were very clean. The front desk people were not very friendly. But that didn't bother me.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2009

Reading some previous reviews it is hard to believe we stayed at the same hotel. We are used to paying $400 or more a night so anything less than $100 is always scary for us. This was definitely a bargain without sacrifying service, roominess or cleanliness. Our experience with the various hotel employees was nothing but professional and caring. We stayed 8 days in the larger King size room with fridge and micowave. Over that period, our TV went out, a light bulb blew and coffee maker needed replacing. Each of these minor issues were handled completely to our satisfaction. The location is fabulous, close to all Frankenmuth has to offer. Our room was spotless and fresh. All I can say about previous negative reviews is that you reap what you sew. Everyone we encountered were very nice and accomodating. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2009

If you like noisey hotels, unprofessional staff, this is the hotel for you. I have never experienced such crappy service in my life. I travel 75% of the time for work and never had an issue until now. When I called the general manager Joe H., he claimed his employees were perfect and that we were trying to get a discount. Low and behold, I find, we were not the only people complaining about these issue. Your employees are only as good as your management, and their management is not up to par at all. Horrible customer service, WILL NEVER STAY AT ANY FAIRFIELD INN again because of this general manager. He put a really bad taste in my mouth about Fairfield Inn. Thanks Joe !! Oh, lastly, he never once apologized for any of the inconveniences and that is all we were looking for, NOT A DISCOUNT !!!!! On the upside, the hotel seemed to be clean.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jhepner28
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Comfort Inn Birch Run
Comfort Inn Birch Run
#4 of 8 in Birch Run

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!