“Love it here!”
Review of Bay Port Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frankfort
Bay Port Lodging
“Love it here!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from our second visit here, same weekend last year. Last year was for our mini honeymoon and this year for our anniversary. Both times we were surprised with a bottle of wine by the owner, a nice gesture knowing that we are celebrating a romantic weekend. This year we came up with a couple friends so she also bought us some snacks to share. The rooms are very clean and quaint and is only a couple minute drive from downtown. We will definitely be back again and would recommend this place over and over again :)

*in reference to the bad review...not saying what they said isn't true, but the outdoor cats there are extremely friendly and tend to mind their own....the kid probably scared the cat...just saying

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jordanmfrank

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Sometimes spur of the moment mini vacations can turn out to be awesome, and sometimes not. We decided to head to Frankfurt for the Labor Day (2013) holiday weekend last minute. So calling around we found that this was the only place that had any vacancy. That was the 1st flag that we missed. We were greeted by the owner and her collection of outdoor cats (one of which immediately scratched my 3yr old son) She took us to our room and the mini fridge smelled like a sewer. Clearly it hadn't been cleaned in SOME time. Other than that the room was clean and had a great cottage vibe that we liked. When we mentioned that, the owner started pitching us that her place was far sale and how "the dream could be ours" After driving for HOURS to get away from business, please don't pitch me just because I complimented the room. We booked the one room for one night and talked about staying longer in the house she also had for rent, but at the time someone was still there and once they left we could see it. The following day the owner let me know the house was ready and I told her that we would be interested in staying for 2 more days. She immediately told me that I would HAVE to stay and/or pay for a 3 or 4 day minimum (I don't remember which it was) I'm not a fan of this sort of bullying tactic by business owners. I understand the economy is down and her business is struggling but that's neither my fault nor is it my problem. We never signed anything. We merely discussed the possibility. When she started in with the bullying, instead of being accommodating and getting the sale, I told her "no thanks, we'll go somewhere else". She, (the owner) took it upon herself to then immediately run my credit card number that I had given her over the phone to book the one night in the beginning, for almost $400 billing me for the house rental that I had never even set foot in! Weeks later she did eventually credit my card $150, but only because I filed a dispute claim with Chase bank. As a business owner myself, I would NEVER even dream of doing that. So, with that said. I would NOT recommend this motel. If you do stay here, pay cash as I would not recommend trusting this lady with your credit card information.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Mark H
bayportlodging, Owner at Bay Port Lodging, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Unfortunately this review is the result of a motel guest who did not want to be responsible/accountable for his same day, late afternoon 3 night cancellation for the house next door. After his verbal abuse and texts of profanity and threats failed to get him his desired outcome, he attempted to dispute the 1 night charge with his credit card company. The credit card company typically supports the card holder. In this instance they supported Bay Port Lodging. This review, filled with untruths, is a reflection of the individual rather than my property.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The location is excellent for walking around downtown Frankfort. The room was very clean and comfortable. We stayed on the street front with 2 retro metal chairs out front to relax in at the days end. There is a beautiful garden and 2 hammocks out front. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Dawn C
Brownsburg, IN
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My family stopped at Marshall's Bay Port Lodging with no reservations during the start of the 4th of July week. Luckily we found a room available, and were greeted by the lady that owns the business. The room was quite small, but very clean and comfortable. I was somewhat concerned because our room was RIGHT on the main road.....but I never heard a vehicle all evening. Overall you'll find this place to be clean, cute and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank davesellshouses
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I found this place on Trip Advisor and other sites and seen what great reviews it had and decided to give it a try. We were very pleased. It was really clean and in a good location. The bed was super comfortable. Owner and staff were really friendly. We were able to walk to town and bike all over. Its not very far from the bike path. It was quiet at night. There were chairs next to your door to sit outside. The price was very reasonable. We can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PLEM12
Bailey, Michigan
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I was in town with a friend for almost a week and this house was very comfortable. The house is very well maintained and whoever does the housecleaning is doing an excellent job. There were plenty of towels, a washer and dryer, shampoo, dish soap, etc. Perhaps the most important for me were the VERY COMFORTABLE BEDS. I would most definitely rent this house again and would not hesitate to rent a room at the motel either as the same people are taking care of both. Very nice job. By the way, the TV in the picture is out of date. There is a new flat screen which is very nice.

Room Tip: The house was very nice.