“On-site owners make the difference”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frankfort
Betsie River Camp Site
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My husband and I tent camped at Betsie River Campsite June 21-24. We wanted to be close to Sleeping Bear Dunes and this seemed like a good base-camp. As soon as I rolled out the tent to put it up I could smell that my cat had urinated on it when I layed it out to dry after my last adventure (yuck). Next, I found a quarter-size hole in the tent after I had erected it. This was only my second camping trip so I really didn't know how to fix a tent. Daylene - the owner - rolled by in her golf cart around this time to see how we were doing. We asked to borrow a hose to try to get the cat urine off the tent and mentioned the hole. Almost instantaneously she returned with not only a hose, but with some Febreeze and a tent patch kit! She really cared about us and wanted to make sure we were well cared for during our stay. Daylene steered us to site #96 because it was a big open spot, but shaded in the afternoon so the tent didn't get hot before bed. We had NO trouble with mosquitoes at all. This campground caters to fishermen so don't be surprised to hear a truck pull a boat out of the next site at 4am. The fishermen were courteous and didn't make any noise except for the truck starting. Being in a tent, I could hear the engine start but quickly went back to sleep. I doubt anyone in an RV or a heavy sleeper would have even heard them leave - I'm just a light sleeper. The site was nice and flat. We have a very large cabin-style tent with a screened porch so we need a large, flat area.

There is plenty of hot water for the showers. The facilities are basic but that was all I needed for the trip - electric hookup and a place to bathe. There is a private dressing area for each shower stall which was nice. Better than the shower facility at the local gym. There is a well-lit seperate "grooming" area with a large shelf and electric outlet if you want to fix your hair and makeup.

There are plenty of supplies in the office (i.e. food, gear) along with some really cute local wares. As the other review mentioned, they prepare meals too in case you don't want to bother cooking for yourself. There are plenty of 'goodies' like ice-cream, brownies, cookies as well.

Room Tip: Tell Daylene what you need in your site and she'll make sure you get a good match
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank FarmerJane

Reviewed 6 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Betsie River Campground on June 28 and June 29, 2013. The owners kris and Daylene make you feel right at home. Daylene helped us pick out our tent campsite and we chose site #24. It was nice and private. The grounds and the bathrooms were very clean.
They rent kayaks for a nice trip down the Betsie river. We enjoyed it very much.
Also, the Betsie River bike trail is accessed right at the campground. The trail will take you to the beaches at Frankfort or to Crystal lake.
They have a kitchen and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food was amazing and the prices are just right.
We really enjoyed our stay and the owners were fantastic. We would definetly recommend this campground.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Debbie G

Been to Betsie River Camp Site? Share your experiences!