“Great place!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Frankfort
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great place!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our first visit to Michigan. I researched several locations and found Harbor Lights Resort. At first I wanted a 2 bedroom condo to accommodate my family of 6, but at the time of the booking it was too early and they required a 7 night stay. We were only staying a few nights. So I booked a family suite. They did advise me that closer to our departure I may be able to get the condo. I was pleased when I got the call and made the change. It was perfect. The view of the lake was outstanding and the service was great. The décor was modern and the condo was very clean. I would definitely go back here. My younger kids loved the pool and the beach, my oldest son fished off the pier, the location was great. We went to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. It was a nice drive maybe 25/30 minutes. The Point Betsie Lighthouse was not far. The area was nice. You could walk to the shops and restaurants. The beach had benches and swings. It seemed like we were at a small beach town. It was chilly and foggy a few mornings but was a very pleasant experience. We did have to walk up the steps with our bags but for us it was no problem. It was well worth it. If someone would have a problem with the steps the first floor would be just as good. I would definitely go back to this hotel. The donuts and coffee in the morning was also an extra special perk.

Room Tip: The top floor with a view of the lake and lighthouse were well worth it.
3 Thank pmz67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2014

we had a couple of nights to find something to do so we booked this hotel on hotel.com and loved it. we had the one bedroom suite with a fireplace and jacuzzi. out on the balcony we could see the lighthouse (when it wasnt foggy) but not the water. still a good view. right on the beach, room was updated and very clean. had a full kitchen. laundry and pool very close.

It sits right at the end of town and right on the beach. we could walk to any shop/restaurant from the hotel.

Would stay again for sure.

1 Thank Steve O
Frankfort, Michigan
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have been staying here for over a month for work and they have repetitively gone above and beyond for to help accommodate me and my coworkers from finding us a last minute place to stay when plans changed.

Would for sure come back for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: No elevators so if you have a problem with stairs pick a bottom floor room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Saint Clair, Michigan
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I planned my family reunion at Harbor Lights in June of 2014. I just can't say enough about the place. Everything was wonderful. The rooms were beautiful and the setting was just perfect. From the sandy beach to the marina and light house nothing could have been more perfect. In addition to that the staff was very friendly. Steve helped me out tremendously with booking a room for our family dinner. The town of Frankfort could not have been any more helpful or inviting. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend a room with a view!
Venice, FL
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am always nervous using unbranded properties, and this was no exception, but we were completely delighted with our stay. The room was fairly modest, but the bed was comfortable, the linens and pillows were great, the towels were nice, the wifi was excellent, the donuts and coffee were very good, the pool and hot tub were nice, clean and the proper temperature, there was plenty of ice in the ice machine, the location is the best in town, right on the beach and lighthouse jetty, it is a very short walk to the downtown area with restaurants, a park and marina. The room was quiet, the a/c worked perfectly and best of all did not smell! No moldy, musty odors here!! The city of Frankfort itself is a gem. Darling homes, well maintained with trees, and flowers and a charming walkability. You are close to the Betsie Lighthouse and not far from Empire and parts of the Sleeping Bear Dunes Lakeshore. The price was very reasonable. The staff are charming. I would recommend this over a stay in Traverse City any day!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon Z
Los Angeles
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This resort offers larger housekeeping/condo units as well as motel units. All seem well appointed and comfortable; and the location of this lodging is ideal for the area. The main street of Frankfort is just a block away, and the beach of Lake Michigan is merely a few yards away. It's a simple place and, therefore, reasonably priced. No breakfast or other meals are served; but Frankfort has a number of good options for any meal. The staff is professional. We were very pleased with this choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phototheworld
LI NY
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The resort has condo's & motel/hotel style rentals & maybe some other rentals.The water & lighthouse is behind the resort. We rented the motel style.Price was very good,we were there a week ago,not quite peak season.The rooms were nice size & very clean. Had a refrg & micro.You can walk to town,you are at the end of the block.No breakfast,if that bothers you. Other wise very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfort
The Hotel Frankfort
#1 of 3 in Empire
Cedar Ridge Cabins
Cedar Ridge Cabins
#1 of 6 in Honor

Been to Harbor Lights Resort? Share your experiences!