The Hotel Frankfort
Crystal Lake Resort(Beulah)(Great Value!)
US$119
Northwoods Lodging(Beulah)(Great Value!)
US$172
Hotels.com
US$216
US$184
Pleasant Valley Resort Motel(Arcadia)(Great Value!)
US$75
Honor Motel(Honor)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$107
Crystal Mountain(Thompsonville)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$139
Official Hotel
Empire Lakeshore Inn(Empire)(Great Value!)
US$151
Bella Vista Inn(Bear Lake)
US$94
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tubno elevatormiddle of townspiral staircasebagelsmain streetcontinental breakfastold buildingcomfortable roomsin seasondifferent themecharming hotelideal locationlog cabina wonderful staylabor day weekendcute town
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My husband and I were married here (it was called the Betsie Bay Inn at the time, and my mother had dinner there numerous times years ago when it was the Frankfort Hotel) in September 2009. Extremely charming, quaint town and my family and I reserved every room in the place for our intimate and romantic wedding weekend. Leslie Perkins really lent a special touch to every fantastical detail of this place and I have the pricey wedding photos to prove it!

Fast forward 4 years, we booked the Honeymoon Suite for our evening's stay. The young man working the front desk was as sweet as can be, very diligent and helpful. Got to our room and was were very disappointed, though. First, that room is full of windows and that includes blinds and heavy drapes. I was shocked to see how dusty the blinds and curtains were, literally a layer of dust! We opened the windows for some fresh air... NO screens! Bugs were a-flyin'! The little stove was gone and it is very clear that there was one there and was removed. Tacky. Also, the stand-up shower: the moulding near the floor was grimy and mouldy. So gross. Sheets and bedding are tired and need refreshing.

We didn't eat here because we wanted to try a place up the street, but we walked the neighborhood a bit and reminisced. Got to the backyard / garden area and was appalled to see the blue iconic backdrop had been removed. The garden was completely overgrown and weedy. They had this magnificent statue in the bar area = gone. These might have been things that Leslie took when her reign ended but this place is badly in need of some cleaning / sprucing... some serious updates and remodeling... and a re-do of their menu (which, as a food writer, I'd be happy to oblige). I was so saddened I felt I could cry... I know I've got an emotional attachment to the place but it was rundown and kinda dirty. :(

Please get this place back up to adorable gem status so we can come back!!! I'd only be more sad to see it go out of business!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CarrieP499
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My friend and I stayed here October 5 before running the Sleeping Bear Marathon in Empire on October 6 and the staff was wonderful about letting us check out late to come back and shower. Very friendly, warm environment, great food and drinks. Thank you so much for the wonderful weekend! Gorgeous and would recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in 202....beautiful!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a trip headed to Mackinac Island. This is a great location in town and walking distance to the water. The rate was reasonable. The room we had was one of the smaller queen bed rooms and was average. A bit older and could use some work. They have a very convenient restaurant attached with good food for breakfast and dinner! This was our first time in Frankfort and it was quiet during this time of year. Very cute town.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

25 years ago we came here on our honeymoon. At that time this Inn was the Frankfort Hotel & we had a wonderful stay. It has definitely gone downhill under the current ownership. When our room was supposedly cleaned they left washcloths on the floor and wet towels. They didn't even replace the shower soap that was in little pieces. When we went to the front desk fir soap they gave us one small facial soap. The bathroom door did not close all the way and scrapes. The Sunday brunch was very poor. Everything I had was barely warm except for the coffee which was hot and plentiful. We were fortunate to find a parking space....it is not provided & checking in on a beautiful beach day made it difficult. I would definitely not recommend this place for the elderly or disabled traveller. I know things are never as you remember them & we had a good time together anyway. If it wasn't for the beach & beautiful weather it would have been a long weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank cathyclough
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Very clean, nicely done room with hairdryer, coffeemaker. This hotel is a jewel. It has a long interesting history, that the staff is happy to share if asked. Standing in the front of the hotel and looking to the right, Lake Michigan is beautifully visible only a block away! The manager is professional and accommodating as is the rest of th staff. Loved the food at the restaurant!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family