“Excellent Service”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fremont
Rochester, Michigan
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have stayed here many times for work and highly recommend for the area. Service is excellent and allows a nice location so I do not have to commmute from Grand Rapids and avoid the traffic. The breakfast included is a quick on-the-go type breakfast. If you are looking for a bigger breakfast, I would recommend the Moondance Cafe down the street.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Harrington Inn hotel. We are pleased that you received "excellent service" and that you "highly recommend" our hotel. Thank you for being a regular guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Being a relatively small community, we have several nice nearby restaurants and agree with your comments regarding the Moon Dance restaurant.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Oh, my goodness -- what a wonderful place to stay -- thanks for all the wonderful cookies, the morning coffee, the in room ref., the wonderful personnel. Lou is one smart businessman...always stops by and greets guests -- just a fabulous place to stay in Fremont -- Highly recommend. clean rooms, great people, good "COOKIES" and did I mention the wonderful coffee? We stayed last year and we'll probably stay again next year ..... God bless the people at Harrington Inn....

Room Tip: All rooms were great -- just let them know what type bed you want and they will do rest....
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for your nice review and comments about the Harrington Inn hotel. It is my pleasure to speak with many of our guests and I appreciated the credit that you gave me. However, I am just the lightweight; It my dedicated staff to whom most of the heavy lifting and credit is due. I will be certain to let them know of your comments. I look forward to seeing you again in the future and trust my staff will be just as diligent.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The facilities and staff at the Harrington made our stay a wonderful experience! The room we had was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. The bed was so comfortable that it was one of the few times I remember waking up and having to remind myself that I was in a hotel. Another feature that made a difference was the coffee and tea station stocked with quality products. Cookies at the reception desk were a great touch, too. It is a locally owned hotel with updated features. A thoroughly enjoyable weekend!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are very quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you Melody. The entire staff is pleased that you had a "clean, quiet, and very comfortable" room. That is exactly the experience we desire for every guest. Sleep quality was the most important criteria for the mattresses selected for the Harrington as in my own home. The same was true in selecting the lobby coffee. After sampling many coffee offerings, I discovered the Douwe Egberts' brand in a California hotel. The Harrington Inn hotel now has the reputation of having the best coffee in Fremont. Your clean room will be waiting for you when you visit the area in the future.
Saint Croix Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in at a hotel. The service was great throughout my stay and I will definitely be coming back whenever I'm an the area. VERY clean room and throughout the entire building. Worth every penny or more. I wish more Hotels were half as nice as this one.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor on the rear of the building. The backyard outside of my large picture w...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Harrington Inn hotel and for giving my dedicate staff credit for the detailed work that they perform in keeping the hotel clean and, at the same time, being friendly. As we purchased top of the line mattresses, we are pleased that you mentioned the comfort of our beds. Hotel guests should expect a clean, comfortable room and a staff who will try very hard to provide these conditions. These are our goals and we try very hard to "walk the talk." We welcome your return when you are in the West Michigan area.
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was looking for a place that was a little away from Muskegon after a day at Michigan's Adventure. Virtually all of the reasonably priced hotels there had horrible reviews and/or bedbugs. This place was spotless. The ambiance was wonderful. The continental breakfast was great! The room was nice with a nice TV and bed. I can't say enough positives about this place. A cool pizza place across the street, Spanky's, was excellent and not terribly expensive. The cost is soooo low compared to Muskegon. Stay at this pace. It's worth the extra twenty minute drive away from Muskegon!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you Segura for selecting the Harrington Inn as your Michigan Adventure hotel. We have many guests enjoying this very nice West Michigan attraction which is a very easy and relatively short drive from Fremont. Other short-drive attractions are the Muskegon and White Rivers with their great fishing, canoeing and tubing opportunities, the backwaters of the Hardy Dam, several area golf courses, Lake Michigan and many hiking trails. Also, thank you for the credit you gave to my staff for maintaining a very clean and friendly environment. Should your vacation travels bring you back to West Michigan, we will be here to serve you.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I recently stayed here for work for 10 days and had the best time. The staff is great, the hotel is beautiful, and the owner makes you feel like you are at home. There is a great outdoor pool and the location is great!! Thanks for making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank You for your comments! It was our pleasure to provide you with "great" service in a pleasant environment. Serving guests, while eliminating human errors, is the focus in all of our staff meetings. Having guest feel at home, while they are away on business, is certainly a wonderful way to spend a portion of my day. Should your travels again bring you to the Fremont area again, we certainly welcome your return.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 August 2013

After nearly 3 weeks of camping (in a small motor home without the shower working), we decided to treat ourselves for our last night by staying in a motel. A friend, whose home we spent our last two nights of camping near Newaygo, recommended the Harrington Inn, though she didn't know of anyone who had actually stayed there. We were able to make reservations shortly before arrival and treated ourselves to a king-size room with Jacuzzi. We very much enjoyed this room, both its size and comfortable bed with 6 pillows and of course the Jacuzzi was great to soak and relax in after all our camping! Oh, and the complimentary cookies available at check-in were some of the best I've EVER tasted! It was nice to meet owner Lou while we had breakfast prior to departure. This hotel was worth the $$$!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Harrington Inn hotel. We are pleased that you were able to get some special comfort and relaxation after a busy time of camping. Although she has heard from other guests, I will pass on your special comments to my Operations Manager, Anne, about the wonderful cookies that are provided to our guests in the afternoon. It was also my pleasure to meet and chat with you during your stay. I look forward to seeing you again. Please thank your family for suggesting the Harrington Inn to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Comfort Inn Whitehall
Days Inn Whitehall
Days Inn Whitehall
#4 of 5 in Whitehall
La Belle de la Riviere Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Harrington Inn? Share your experiences!