“Excellent hotel!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fremont
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Excellent hotel!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this little gem of a hotel recently. It is truly excellent, and unexpectedly so given the price and the fact that it is in such a small town.

Rooms - very large and nicely appointed, with terrific mattresses for the King bed and nice linens.
Lobby - very clean and warm. The bottle of water and homemade cookie at check in was a very nice touch. (Note: when they ran out of cookies, they baked more and the aroma was wonderful).
Pool - nicely landscaped, good size.

Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for your review and for selecting the Harrington Inn. Our guests are very important to all of our staff and it is our desire that you, as a guest, are entitled to a nice, clean and comfortable room. Since your stay, new furniture was installed in all of our rooms which we trust you will enjoy on your next visit to the Fremont area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here with our family and my best friends family for a Michigan Adventure trip. Clean,clean,clean!Felt like home, the staff is so friendly and always willing to help. Beautiful, clean heated pool and the grounds are kept up nicely. Will stay here EVERY time we visit this area. Thank you Harrington!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your lodging experience at the Harrington Inn. The entire staff is pleased that you chose this Newaygo County hotel and that you were very pleased with your accommodations. We certainly welcome you back in the future and trust you will be even more pleased with all of the beautiful new furniture that was installed since your stay.
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Every year we have a family reunion in Newaygo. Our children stayed at the Harrington Inn. It is a wonderful place, very clean and cozy. Staff is very pleasant.
Continental breakfast served.
There also is a nice outdoor pool.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you, Ruth. The entire staff at the Harrington Inn hotel is pleased to provide quality lodging for your annual family gathering in the area. Your comments regarding my staff are especially welcome, but you also have a very special and friendly family who we look forward to seeing each year. You have to be very proud parents.
Central Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stay here every year on a weekend trip with a friend. And I'm never disappointed. Always quiet and quiet. The cookies are always welcome, too! As someone who likes strong coffee, I can also recommend the quality of the coffee at breakfast. Cereal, yogurt, pastries, etc, too!

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room there!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for choosing lodging at the Harrington Inn during your annual visits to the Fremont area and for posting your review. As one who also enjoys great coffee, it is always a plus to have confirmation from guests in this regard. The main reasons for the very quiet rooms is due to the sand-filled, block-wall construction and having no one above your room. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to this area.
New Baltimore, Michigan
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our room with 2 queen beds was a nice size had a table 2 leather chairs and a nice flat screen tv. The cookies and popcorn in the evening are just a wonderful addition to the nice breakfast in the lobby in the morning. Rooms, halls, pool all were extremely up kept and clean. Every employee we came across had a big smile on their face and after meeting the owner (who placed fresh raspberries he just picked in a bowl for us) I could see why!

I would of gave it 10 stars if I could have - I will definitely return!! Thank you Ann for helping me with the charge incident! - Customer Service there goes beyond any hotel I've ever stayed at!

Room Tip: We had a main floor room and I would probably recommend this only because I know it was quiet - not...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you Marion for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the raspberries and, of course, our hotel. We have a wonderful staff and it is so fun for me to post these positive reviews on their bulletin board. They really appreciate see them (or maybe, it is because they are always followed with a free lunch of their choice). Although I can not always provide raspberries, we will strive to make your next stay a very positive one.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I had a gift certificate for a jacuzzi room. I had looked at the rooms online and was excited for a pleasant relaxing stay. However when we got to our room the jacuzzi was tiny, outdated pink color, and the caulking around the tub was peeling off and you could see the grime imbedded in it. When I called the front desk I was told that this room had a smaller jacuzzi because it also came with a "fireplace." Ooooo...an electic fireplace that you can't see from the jacuzzi or the bed. And was also informed all their jacuzzi rooms were full that night. Needless to say we didn't even use the jacuzzi because it was so gross. I'm bummed my parents wasted $170 on the gift certificate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Kristin, we are very disappointed and apologize that you did not enjoy your stay in one of our "State Rooms" while using a local charity gift certificate. I agree that pink would not have been my choice in color for a Jacuzzi, had it not been that color when purchased four years ago. Since our purchase, Room 37, which has nearly 550 sq. ft., has been furnished with the finest in linens, new room furnishings and a new bathroom mirror and vanity. With its extra large windows overlooking the pool, it is a favorite of many guests. However, no one takes pleasure with a room defect or discrepancy. Nor does anyone gain. It is our policy to promptly correct issues, preferably ahead of a guest. We continue to make guest improvements and we take all comments and suggestions very seriously as it is our aim to always provide our guests with a clean and comfortable room. While we regret that we failed in your situation; hopefully, both you and your parents are pleased that all of the funds expended went to a worthwhile cause.
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 25 July 2014

After a 4 hour drive to Fremont where my children and I had never visited, the Harrington Inn was a nice surprise! It was in perfect proximity to our destinations for the evening, and the staff made us feel very welcome. This was our second stay, and the kids loved the heated pool and fresh baked cookies. There was also pizza happy hour! I really liked that you could walk across the street to Spankys pizza for the best breadsticks you will ever have in your life! The hotel is about a block from the town movie theater, and there is a small lake within walking distance with a playground and a place to get ice cream.

This small town hotel actually welcomes executives from area corporate headquarters, and it shows in their professional and attentive staff. Thank you all for great conversation and 2 wonderful stays! If we are in the Fremont area again, we will definitely visit the Harrington.

S. Cade

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, but draw your curtains if you get one facing the parking lot:-)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you, Stephanie, for writing such a nice review of the Harrington Inn. Thanks also for mentioning nearby attractions and restaurants. The theatre next door has just been renovated and usually has the latest in available movies. Spanky's restaurant across the street does have the best in "bread stix" and it was nice that you had a chance to sample them. The all-sports-825-acre Fremont Lake, with its playground, beach and public launch is a great place to relax and/or sample some delicious ice cream. Boat rentals are available on the west side of the lake for guests who desire to try to cast for bass, walleye or another catch. Fremont is also just minutes from two great rivers, the Muskegon and the White. We look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
#6 of 12 in Muskegon
Travelodge Muskegon
Travelodge Muskegon
#7 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to The Harrington Inn? Share your experiences!