“Beautiful scenery-tough course”
Review of Treetops Resort

Treetops Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: There are four courses at Treetops - the Masterpiece, Treetops Premier, the Signature and the Tradition.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We played the Masterpiece course for the second year on an annual golf trip to the area. The course is terrific and the scenery is absolutely awesome. But, be prepared to have tough walks between your golf cart and the green. On most holes, you will be going severely up hill either to or from the golf cart. But it is certainly worth it. The vistas are amazing.

All reviews
"my favorite"
"golf weekend"
"one night"

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I gave it average because the highs and the lows reached its average score. I'll summarize it.
Highs:
- Excellent friendly staff, everyone was nice and greeted you at every turn. Service was exceptional all over the resort.
- Being mainly a golf resort, the course was well-maintained and despite being a par three course it was still very enjoyable.
Lows:
- The rooms are dated. Brass fixtures are one thing you can overlook, but when they don't function correctly, it doesn't matter what finish they are. Plumbing problems abound, from leaky toilets, to faucet handles that broke off, it's just outlived its usefulness. I didn't realize how much I missed having a curved shower rod until I had to use their conventional shower. There was no bath fan, just a 70's heat lamp? No full length mirror.
- The restaurant food was just mediocre at best. Luckily Gaylord isn't that big that other restaurants in town aren't too far away.
- Finally, the unavailability of hot water and air conditioning weighed on this visit. The wonderful staff made you forget about this until you return to the room. Luckily cold showers complement having no air conditioning.

Overall the resort needs an update. The 70's decor is almost coming back in style if it all works. But it's just tired.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Enjoyed the Resort for Golf at Masterpiece. The staff was great, the accommodations were excellent, and the course was well maintained and beautiful. Had a slow foursome in front of us which the ranger corrected on the front nine but no ranger appeared during the back nine so the pace was too slow on the back nine. What did we dislike? THE FOOD. It was below par for this type of resort. Very, very disappointing. Lacked flavor. Poor texture. In fact, so disappointing we would not go back as it takes us 8 hours to reach the Resort. Due to the food, we did not feel we got a truly five star experience based on the cost.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Have played all the courses here and stayed overnight a few times. Amazing courses...well groomed, variety of skill levels...don't skip playing threetops...hands down the best par three course I've ever played...I enjoy it as much as the 18 hole courses.

1  Thank Jonathan G
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Eight of us played 90 holes of golf over 3 days on all 4 courses and had a great time. This was our 3rd time at Treetops, staying in the chalets. All courses were in great shape. Courses played much firmer than in years' past. Not sure if it hadn't rained much the last few weeks, or if it's the result of the harsh winter. That's not a negative - just an observation. The only negative was there was a bachelor party from Canada in front of us on Friday afternoon that made the round take over 5 hours. The ranger kept us informed, and did what they could to get things moving, which it did pick up eventually. Most of the backup occurred on holes 10-12 - then things moved better. The assistant pro even came out to the course (about hole 15) and said we would get a voucher for free golf. Everyone was gone for the day when we finished - I will be calling this week - so hopefully they will live up to their word.

Some advice - if you are a novice golfer, I would avoid the Masterpiece. Much harder than the other 3 courses. And play the correct set of tees. I know the white tees are short on the card - but the course doesn't play that short as most of the holes have severely uphill 2nd shots. I'm a 6 handicap, the whites were plenty for me.

The chalets now all have new LG TVs, which is a huge upgrade from the old tube TVs from years' past. The chalets are functional - nothing fancy. But we're pretty much only in our rooms to sleep, so don't need much. If people complain about the chalets, they just had the wrong expectations or didn't do their homework.

Breakfast was outstanding, as they have added an omelet station with 2 people and 4 skillets, so you never had to wait long for your omelet. And the sports bar food is above average for bar food, and the pizza is great. Plus several TVs tuned to different sports.

We will definitely be back!!