“One word......GROSS!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Gaylord
Caledonia, Michigan
“One word......GROSS!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

I can sum up this hotel in one word.....GROSS! Do yourself a big favor, stay somewhere else!
I had to stay here for labor day weekend. My husband and I wanted to walk the mackinaw city bridge and some rooms were running 500.00 a night. So I opted to book a room here. Let's just say, I won't be back!! Dirty, dirty, dirty!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, It really doesn't matter what room you have, it's still gross!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Loriann30

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hudsonville, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

My mom and her friend had reservations and when they arrived their room was not ready.

They said the place was unkempt and the people there made them feel uneasy.

They decided to chance it, left for a bit and when they came back and the room still was not ready.

They decided to leave without ever setting foot in their room and the hotel staff refused to refund their money.

What a disgusting way to treat two elderly women.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE, AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Matt S

Travellers are raving about these Gaylord hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

The most disgusting, filthy, and run down motel I have ever seen. We reserved 2 rooms and couldn't stay in either because of the bugs that moved in before we got there. We are pretty sure the ticks were throughout the motel since we saw some in the bathroom downstairs and our rooms were upstairs. We ended up sleeping in our cars because they couldn't find another room. Do not stay here

• Stayed August 2012
UP of Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Filthy. Paid $70 but felt like I was staying at a $30 roach motel. Stained carpet was ripped out in the corner. Walls were gouged with black marks and ripped wallpaper. Mysterious brown stains on towels. No shampoo. A dirty tissue on the desk when we arrived. Moldy shower curtain. Room smelled like mildew. Dude at the front desk was wearing a sweat stained undershirt and jeans. Classy. Spent the night jealous of my 5 month old who got to sleep in a Pack and Play whichI knew was clean since I brought it from home. We got there at midnight after a long drive, otherwise we would have left immediately. As it was we were out the door by 7:30am (and this is with the baby- that's how bad it was.) Spend the extra 20 bucks and stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Gaylord. I wanted to get away so bad we skipped the breakfast but based on the other comments it sounds like it wouldn't improve this review much.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Snowcountrymichigan
Northfield, Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Very rude front desk clerk. Torn screen on first floor window meant I couldn't have the window open due to bugs and security issues. Mold smell in rugs in hallway and room. Visible mold in pool and hot tub. No coffee at breakfast, which was only milk and cereal. Even construction workers staying there opted to go to Burger King for breakfast. Broken shower curtain rod fell and cut my eye. Need I say more? I wrote to the CEO via email and snail mail and have never received a reply. Avoid this place totally, please, for your sake.

Room Tip: Avoid this motel. There are other decent options one exit north.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Anne B
Timmins, On
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed here a couple of years ago and the bath/shower curtain was full of mould, carpets were stained and the room and hallway stunk. After I complained they offered me a free nights stay next time I was down that way. I have the free room offer on an email that they sent as an apology however I've been in communication with them for at least a month or two now with no definite response whether or not they will honor the free night. All I want is an answer "yes" or "no". The breakfast in the a.m. was terrible and kind of scary since the muffins were individually wraped in plastic that you could tell they did themselves. With the impression of the dirt on the carpets, etc., we did not stay for the breakfast. The only thing going here is the price.

Room Tip: It may be better to ask to see the room first before commiting yourself. Check behind the shower cu...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 4watt
Wawa, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

The Inn was close to the highway, with a couple fast food restaurants within view up the street. It was clean. The decor was current. We had the hot tub & pool all to ourselves. The included breakfast was basic but satisfied. Lots of value for a low price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaylord
Baymont Inn & Suites Gaylord
Hampton Inn Gaylord
#1 of 13 in Gaylord
Holiday Inn Express Gaylord
Ramada Grayling Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Gaylord? Share your experiences!