“A very happy find”

Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Gaylord
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned, fine casual restaurant with a full bar. We have a unique menu, 90% of our food is made in house and is prepared behind an open kitchen. We are connected to The Old Spud Warehouse.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I saw a recommendation in the Gaylord Tourist magazine and I was hesitant when I walked in but it was a great experience. Had the open faced corned beef. A great sauce and the sweet potato yucca mash was delicious. We had been around the town and this was a nice place and a ray of hope our four nights stay at the local Baymont wouldn't be that bad.

2  Thank ParTcake

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have traveled a good bit for work and had some great meals. The other day I had the special Swordfish. It was just as good as anything I have had along the coast. Highly recommend this place. Don't let the outside fool you. Best food I have found so far in Gaylord, Mi

1  Thank Tcroll
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The 4 of us had dinner on Saturday evening, and truly enjoyed our first experience. The servers name was Chris M. and he was fantastic. He was so pleasant and spoke very grammatically while introducing us to the specials of the evening.Our drinks were replenished w/out any wait, his personal attention was very professional, courteous and respectful. We will request him when we return. He is definitely an asset to this business. The atmosphere is outstanding for privacy, and communication. The décor is warm, cozy and inviting. We had a very delightful starter platter of various cheeses, meats, olives and such, quite large and abundant in supply. In addition the Chili Thai Tuna was succulent , mouthwatering delicious. I had the special "Hawaiian Fish " risotto and salad. My Hubby had the steak special w/ shrimp and he was very pleased also. Next time while in Gaylord, make this your food destination, guaranteed you will return.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stopped for lunch on a long drive to the UP. Good menu. Large beer and wine list, nothing on tap, but frosty glasses made up for it. We didn't have a problem with service speed as others have commented. One person in our group ordered the Duck Pasta...not up my alley but the portion seemed huge to me and he enjoyed it. The balsamic pearl onions that came with the wedge salad were fantastic! Don't miss the attached store, lots of fun things in there.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

9 adults after a day of elk viewing and horse drawn sleigh ride stopped in for san early dinner. Very eclectic decor with most of it for sale!! Mandy our server, very prompt and efficient , answered the many questions concerning the menu.
Food prepared as requested,all fresh, an dressing made in house. Cheeseburgers very good, tomato bisque was excellent, blt wedges were stuffed with bacon not sprinkled with "bacon bits'!
Open faced reuben was very well presented, but lacking sauerkraut!
Next door there is a very interesting boutique with wide variety of items for purchase.
Will return next time we are in the area!