“It worked!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Gaylord
Cedar Park
“It worked!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had been driving all day on a busy Saturday and needed a place to land. Hotels were filled everywhere, and one such hotel suggested that they probably had vacancies at the Alpine Lodge (which should tell you something). It was definitely overpriced- jacked up as rooms were hard to find. The hotel is dated- I could see it was a nice attraction in its day. It has everything- bar, pool, jacuzzi, pinball, pool table, etc. - great if you have kids and need to unwind. Our room was acceptable- just dated with some flaws. I didn't feel it was unsafe or unsanitary. The staff were friendly, and they had an omelette bar for breakfast (free) which was very good. Finally, it is a great location off the freeway with a lot of stores and restaurants nearby. Probably more economical than the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I spent my fifth wedding anniversary here. We checked in and went straight to the bar were we were greeted by a friendly and fun staff who encouraged us to stay for dinner. We did! We loved it! The food was awesome! Gourmet! Art on a plate. Very reasonable prices. My mouth was so happy and my wallet didn't mind. The staff was very professional and courteous. The manager assured us that we would love the food, and she personally came by to see if we were satisfied. I can't wait to go back again. I wanna take every kid I know here. Great family hotel. Lots of space for kids to run around. Perfect for rainy summer days. Right next to I-75. Convenient for travelers, its food, drinks, sleep, and fun in one stop. Grocery store nextdoor, gas station across the street. Everything you want and need.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Princessprettyfeet
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We found our room to be very comfortable and clean. Little dated but well kept. While we didn't use the pool, we definitely knew it was there. Apparently there was a large group of young ladies on a road trip...they ere around 14 yrs old. Fortunately, the atrium closed at 10--we called. The young "ladies" were so loud they were like a herd of screaming wild animals in the hallways, atrium, and parking lot. And, yes, the sound carried very well. We had to turn the volume up just to hear our television. Apparently, there was no adult supervision.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Edwardsburg, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Alpine Lodge during one the busiest times of the year, July 4th weekend. The place was sold out! We were a little worried about the noise level as we have 3 small children that need their sleep, but to our surprise, it was very quiet! The room was newly remodeled with new memory foam mattresses as well as laminate wood floors. The floors were amazing for this germ freak! It felt SO much cleaner with the floors being laminate. As soon as all of the rooms are done, I am sure this place will be a favorite for lots of people! The service was great. We were even able to meet the new owner and his family while we were eating dinner one night. They were great people and their concerns were for our comfort and quality of stay. The free breakfast was great for a busy family like ours, but their dinner menu was wonderful! We had the pizza, and I can easily say it was one of the best I have ever had! Our 4 and 7 year olds each ate 3 pieces! We will definitely plan another stay here!

Room Tip: Request one of the newer remodeled rooms with wood floors and one that backs to the pool area for ea...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Crown Point, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Despite being outdated, it wasn't too bad. We enjoyed having an entrance to the outside. We loved the atrium and pool.....we spent plenty of time there. Some staff wasn't in uniform so we couldn't always tell who worked there. The breakfast was ok...historians were gross. The problem with breakfast was we constantly waited fir them to fill a container and by the time the food was ready it was gone because we were all waiting. My largest complaint was there is a dog on the property that was allowed to run around. The dog seemed friendly but my 2 yr old is nervous around unfamiliar dogs and this guy was HUGE. So when my 2 yr old was screaming, the dog started getting nervous, naturally. The dog didn't understand my son was just nervous. So I picked up my son and held him over my head but the dog was taller than me when it stood on its hind legs. I screamed asking for the dog to be put away and the workers complied making sure my son was ok. It wasn't the dogs fault, but it shouldn't just be running free. There were also some children of workers who had free reign and would tell my kids they couldn't do certain things but they would do them. It was annoying. We would stay again for the atrium though.

Room Tip: Pool access leads to atrium... the non pool rooms on the first floor have outside access.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura R
Jackson, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Although this hotel was just going to be for resting purposes, we were not expecting greatness. However, from the very start it was below expectations. We booked the room through Hotels.com, and actually had to pay for it up front upon booking 3 weeks in advance . We paid for a king size bed, and when we got there, we were told all they had was a queen or (2) doubles. After explaining that we paid already, they started bashing online reservations and that we should have booked directly through them. The rooms were super outdated. The beds were hard. They did not clean our room on the first day, so we did not get new towels or other items. The walls were thin, and our co-travelers said they could hear people using the bathroom thru the walls. They kept wanting us to eat in their "restaurant" by badmouthing local restaurants. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott V
Lake Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Alpine Lodge was one of the best experiences I have ever had while on the road. I spend a lot of time in hotels with my job and this one made us feel like we were right at home. I would recommend The Alpine Lodge to anyone traveling through northern Michigan.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Josh N