Benjamin's Beaver Creek Resort
US$147
Quality Inn(Gaylord)
US$120
US$114
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gaylord(Gaylord)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$84
Waters Inn(Gaylord)(Great Value!)
US$109
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssnowmobile trailspizza delivery servicecharcoal grillcamp storekids and adultsexcellent staypool and hot tublynnloftcabingolfmichigangearkeycourses
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Reserved a cabin in May 2014 that allowed pets for a family reunion in August 2014. Quoted a price however after checking in and being at our cabin for a couple hours we were informed we needed to go back up to the registration and pay an additional $50 because we had our dog. While at the registration I questioned why I was quoted a price for pet friendly cabin then after checking in being told I need to pay an additional $50. The gentleman (I believe he was a manager) advised me that I should have known and should have expected to pay a cleaning fee if I chose to bring my dog. I advised I don't have a problem with that but didn't feel it was right that I was quoted a price when I called and made my reservation informing the representative on the phone that I needed a pet friendly cabin. He informed me that they don't quote the pet fee when reservation is made because customers may not bring their pet...... I told him that I specifically requested a pet friendly cabin because I had to bring my dog and ask why I would request a pet friendly cabin if I wasn't going to and he stated that a lot of people request the pet friendly accommodations in case they have another family member like an aunt or grandma who needs to bring their dog Completely talked down to me and obviously has no communication skills. Gentlemen then informed me that it is a $50 deposit and as long as they do not find any dog hair anywhere in the cabin that the $50 would be credited back to me. I asked if they would be coming to the cabin when we were ready to leave to inspect it and he then advised me "yes BUT I will let you know that 99% of the time we will find dog hair unless you have a hairless dog". The gentlemans tone was extremely rude. We stayed there for two nights at $225 a night plus paid their standard $50 cleaning fee PLUS the $50 fee for pets....$608 with tax. The letdown was the condition of our cabin. The broiler pan in the oven was missing, the temperature control in the frigerator was broken, in which we found out after our food was frozen. The recliner chair was broken. Coffee pot was missing (they did bring us one). After the first night my daughter and I walked up to the office to get more bath towels and toilet paper and the clerk stated that housekeeping goes home at 5 o'clock and she don't have access to any. My daughter said we really need toilet paper and the clerk stated well normally guests don't wait until 9 o'clock to ask us for it. Between our whole group we had six cabins rented and my family was not the only ones who was treated poorly. Very, very poor management! This was our second year of hosting our family reunion at Beaver Creek Resort and it was the last!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Shirley B
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We arrived and we were put in a different cabin than we booked. After realizing that our cabin did not have a fireplace, we called the front desk. They called us back in 10 minutes and told us to pack up and move 2 cabins down. I was satisfied because even though it was not the cabin we signed up for, it was the same floor plan. No harm done.
I have never been snowmobiling and the guy that ran the program was very helpful. The trails were excellent and the area was nice. I would stay longer next time.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank kokopuffMichigan
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We went up to Benjamin's Beaver Creek Resort this last weekend and it was one of the most amazing trips ever! The trails where very close to the resort and the staff was very knowledgable about the trails and where to go. The cabins where great, more than enough room for the 6 guys in our group. The resort was clean and the indoor pool was a huge bonus! The resort was gated and made us feel at ease leaving our snowmobiles in front of the cabin at night. All and all great trip great resort, I'm bringing my family back my wife and kids will love it!

Room Tip: Large cabins have two bathrooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank Chad S
Kevin H, Front Office Manager at Benjamin's Beaver Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for your kind words, we truly appreciate it! We look forward to hosting you and your family here real soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was a lovely, woodsy resort that was nearly ideal for our family holiday. There were quite a few amenities, but some were in disrepair. There were some fun extras in our cabin (books and movies and board games), but we were also lacking some things I was expecting (Kleenex, coffee, pot holders, pool towels, a smoke alarm). The place seemed badly understaffed, but the staff we did encounter were friendly and a pleasure to work with. The biggest inconvenience was that we were issued only one key for the eight people in our cabin. We were told to come back the next day to get an additional key, but when we returned, we were told they hadn't had time to get to it. We were told to come back the following day, but when we did, there was still no key. This was a problem because we often had to leave our cabin unlocked to allow keyless members of our family to come and go freely. There was sometimes a sense that the place was a bit neglected and understaffed. For example, for two nights in a row, we went swimming in the dark because no one was available to turn on the lights until an hour after sunset. Also, the heater in the children's center was broken while we were there and the temperature in the room was a bracing 30 degrees Fahrenheit. On the upside, we had the dark pool and the cold children's center to ourselves and everyone had a wonderful time in both places. The pool was huge and it was kept at over 90 degrees--perfect for a swim on a cold day. I called the ranger a few times and was unable to even leave a message because his mailbox was full. The two sledding hills were perfect and just steps from our cabin. The cabin was clean and had a near-perfect floor plan. We got a lot of use out of the gas fireplace and full-sized utilities. The location of the resort was convenient to downtown Gaylord while still feeling like a remote, wooded area. There were a lot of nice common areas where you could meet up with family and friends, including the spacious game room and the cozy adult lounge. The hot tub and sauna felt wonderful when coming in from the cold. I was surprised at the number of added fees, so be aware that the price of the cabin is only one part of your total bill. You will also be charged a cleaning fee, resort fee, processing fee and taxes. These charges added up to over $130 for us.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We just came back from Beaver Creek. We stayed there over Christmas and the snow was the best ever!!! We usually rent condo 2475 because there are very few steps into the unit and we can keep a close eye on our sleds during the evening hours. Our Condo was very clean, and all appliances worked fine. The bed comforters also smelled like they had just been cleaned. NICE.

We have stayed here several times in the past and the new owner must have spend a ton of money on improvements this past year. The indoor pool / hot tub areas were in great shape and very clean. The on-site staff were very professional and helpful. Their on-site country store is now open and fully stocked.

This place has once-again, become a first class stay for families. Loved the on-site pizza parlor and the deep snow pack made for excellent snowmobiling. Definitely be back again this summer.

Room Tip: No on-site restaurant, but the pizza is excellent No room service requested, so tough to judge on this trip.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family