Holiday Inn Express Gaylord
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
The Ridge(Gaylord)
Average 3/5
All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskpool and hot tubroom was cleannice hotelstayed one nightwould stay againup to dateflat screen tvmini fridgeshower curtainice machinetraverse citybreakfast barhixpillowsdistraction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

in the area to take care of some property business, not something i ever enjoy. i'm a fussy man when it comes to paying over $100 for one night, so if i do it better sparkle. the holiday inn there in gaylord ran me just over my $100 with uncle sam's damage but immediately found i spent my dollar wisely. i was checked in by a young friendly and knowledge man named bill who moved me from the back of the second story to a room closer to the lobby. i'm not handicapped by my knees dont like stairs. he put me in a king on the first, close to breakfast. the room was clean, spacious, comfy bed and the tv had up to date cable, though the carpet seemed to not be as up to date. I passed by the desk on my way out and strike up a conversation with bill about local restaurants, one which he strongly recommended. the suggestion was on the money, and i made a point to let bill know how great his dining suggestions were and thanked him for being so thorough answering all my questions. the breakfast girl was also very pleasant and friendly who i chatted with on my way out. probably the best stay at any place in that area i been at yet.

-B. Hill

1  Thank Benny H
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My daughter is getting married in a nearby town and we have several relatives coming from out of town. We were looking to book a whole block of rooms (12 to 14) and wanted to book and pay for, 9 months in advance. I made several calls and left messages with the front desk for the manager (Mike) to call me back. My daughter also left messages. After approximately 5 unreturned phone calls, we booked a whole wing of rooms at another nearby hotel. Hard to believe that this manager is so busy that he can afford to loose so much money. I wonder what the owner thinks about that.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PattiFairview
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gaylord, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear PattiFairview,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are sincerely sorry for the issues you had with this property. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

By most measures, this property is up to snuff as far as furnishings, and details such as a fridge and microwave in the room. My bed was comfy, and breakfast was the usual. The fitness room was way overheated with no way to cool it down. The biggest downer here is the condition of the carpeting in the room! Many wrinkles and lumps under the carpet! Way past due for replacement.

1  Thank sailorjeff
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gaylord, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear sailorjeff,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback regarding your recent your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the room condition particularly with the carpet. This is definitely not up to our standards and as such your comments will be forwarded to the hotel's management and action will be taken accordingly.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Used to be a great place to stay. Now just so-so. Seven people in the lobby trying to check in around 5:30 on a Tuesday. One associate checking people in. Either they don't have enough staff, or the check-in process is too cumbersome. Hall carpet filthy, you can tell because the white design that goes up the wall is white, while the design on the floor is brown.
Toilets so short you feel like you are sitting on the floor. Fancy shower heads no big deal. Exterior door locks don't work.

Room Tip: Problem is, other choices in the area not much better.
3  Thank Rcscruffy4
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gaylord, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Rcscruffy4,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us this time. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the quality of products and service we provide to our guests. We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The room is really nice and has lots of space! The towels didn't look to clean the one hanging in the bathroom when we first checked into the room looked like someone just at pizza and wiped there hands on it. The room was clean. The BED was really bad I felt like I was sleeping on the floor! I was staying for 4 night total and after the first night I went out and HAD to buy a mattress topper for it, when I told the front desk about it they acted like it was not a huge deal and said that someone could come in and flip the mattress over which I wasn't really sure how that would help?! I held the room with a credit card and paid cash when I checked in and the girl charged my card on top of taking me cash! Housekeeping was so loud in the morning!! If you plan on sleeping in at all forget it!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gaylord, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Lauren1069,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Gaylord, MI.

Orlando A.