“Local joint. Not for out of towners. ”
Review of la senorita

la senorita
Ranked #15 of 75 Restaurants in Gaylord
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Finding mixed reviews on this place. My family is local and absolutely love the food and service. I think it is not worth the money, food is not Mexican and is poorly seasoned. Service was fine but if your from out of town you must readjust your expectations. Frankly, food is some of the worst I have had.

1  Thank Tcroll

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Read some of the reviews of La Senorita and decided to try it...That was a mistake as I like TexMex and this was so far from any authentic Mexican or TexMex. I was in shock when I saw celery in the salsa and it was almost sweet. I ordered the Chimi...well, it was ok, but not great. The meat lacked in taste. The beans and rice were ok but not more than below average. My daughter ordered Cheese Enchiladas...we were searching for the cheese even though the manager insisted there was a lot of cheese there...I put more cheese on a cracker than was in any of her Enchiladas. So, my first and last visit at this place. Nice facility, manager not customer oriented. Hate complaining but hate paying for food that's not right.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stopped in Gaylord on our way up to the U.P. and decided to get some lunch. My husband and I were so excited when we happened upon La Senorita. We used to go every time we visited my mother in law who used to live in Lansing. So it has been a while since we have been and I can say they didn't disappoint. We were immediately greeted upon walking in and shown to our table. Our waitress greeted us, took our drink order and brought those as well as a decent size basket of chips and salsa. I absolutely love their green salsa. The only place I have ever been that offers that. My Husband got the cheese quesadillas and I the spinach, mushroom & chicken quesadillas. Both very good and very large I might add. We both opted for the quesadillas because we just wanted something to tied us over for our long drive ahead. Seriously these were huge. They easily must have given us each 3 whole quesadillas each. Needless to say we both got to go boxes and had a nice snack for later. Service was good.

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

We stop here any time we drive through Gaylord. The food is very good. The service is awsome. We look forward to our visits.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We were coming back from a Canadian fishing trip on I75. We stopped for the night in Gaylord and wanted dinner. La Senorita was close to the motel. We found it to be a nice average Mexican restaurant. It was neat, clean and had a complete menu. The prices were reasonable even for the drinks and the food was good. Service was prompt, efficient and very friendly.