“Very Outdated.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Gaylord
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This place needs some upgrades. The only thing I can say is the Staff is very pleasant. Gino's restaurant is disgusting. They were out of everything, including Butter and Cheese. They had two liters for the soda's, I used what looked like someones coffee mug from home.

The hotel stinks, beds are nasty, I slept on top of the covers. The conference room we had was freezing cold.
No water in the pool, Fitness center had no equipment. Walls are paper thin. Toilet overflowed 2wice. The shower head barely spit out water. It was a nightmare. Not to mention the stains on the carpets.

Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
mi702, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.

We use guest feedback to make us aware of ways we can improve.
I am sorry your visit was not up to your expectations. We are constantly making improvements and upgrades and would like to invite you to visit our property again in the future. We are an older property but do our best to keep everything as clean as possible.

At the time of your stay our pool was closed for maintance and new paint. It is now up and running, looking better than ever. We have also recently added an exercise room. At the time of your stay we were waiting for the equipment to arrive. It has been installed with lots of postive feedback.

The restaurant that is attached is independently owned. I will make sure to address your problems with that owner, so that in the future these issues will not happen again.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed here a few years ago and had a great time. We were pleased to see that our room had new carpet and drapes this time. This is an older building but you can tell they are trying to improve when they can. Our room was spotless. Every staff member we encountered was very helpful and very nice. They made us feel like family. The breakfast in the morning is in the attached restaurant. It was a hot breakfast with a few different options. Both mornings our food was hot and very filling. I can understand how some people would just want a muffin to grab and go, but we will take a hot breakfast any day. The front desk staff gave us a great recommendation for dinner at Bennethums. It was fantastic!!!! This will be our hotel of choice when ever we are in the Gaylord area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I have worked for choice hotel for the last 5yrs'and I believe this is the worst hotel we have ever stayed at.I was called a liar by some kind of wanna be cook after my family complained about the food. Rooms need major work done in them.I was told it was cause we stayed in the old half,thought the whole place was old.Will say the pool was good.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed now twice and we had been hearing negative things. We find it hard to believe anything bad about this hotel. Again our service was amazing and the rooms were great. You it only takes some selfish people to ruin a great experience. Quality Inn we take our hats off to you. The restaurant was great. People need to see the size of skillet my husband ordered. We are driving back just to try some of their wild game. Good job Tim. Told you I would mention your name.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed for honeymoon. We had great service and our room was extremely clean. Our hottub was even spotless which I've seen a lot of dirty ones. The staff were all friendly. We even got hot food for breakfast instead of cold whatever. The dining room was full and people were impressed. Top notcth effort Plz. Keep up the good work will be back.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Stayed for one night only and by far was the worst ever we have stayed in. it was more than we could take I have never written a review before now, but I feel I must about this place. Travelers beware!!!!! When walking in the room it smelled like bug spray that should have been our warning sign to demand a refund. Terrible carpet throughout the facility dirty, stained, and stinky. I woke up with bites on my ankles hips and wrist. We looked for bugs and could not see any, but while stripping the bedding off we found the mattress to have what appeared to be a large blood stain 1.5 foot in diameter under the pillow end simply gross. The breakfast was as poor as the upkeep as the rest of the facility. Would have done better to just sleep in the car.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
mi702, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Anytime a guest is not satisfied or not comfortable for any reason it is taken very seriously. We take every step including staff training and implementing professional preventative programs to ensure our guests’ comfort.

This was an isolated incident and if reported the room would have been taken off line and professionally inspected. Unfortunately if the problem is not brought to our attention at the time we are unable to respond appropriately.

We apologize for any inconvenience and discomfort the guest experienced.

Guest satisfaction and comfort remain our number one priority.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

This place is in desperate need of an update. the carpets on the stairs are torn and the wall paper looks like it has been there for ten years too long. The staff was friendly.
Stay away from the free breakfast. It is free for a reason I guess. The place where they serve it smells of old smoke and I believe it is an old bar. Very dark and grungy. They brought us a coffee to our table and we asked for cream, and they gave us powdered coffee whitener. We went up to see what they had and saw what I think was ham floating in some disgusting liquid, rubbery eggs and hamburger buns for toast thrown in a steel container. There was a pot of something that may have been oatmeal with raisins, at least I think they were raisins. lol..I mentioned to the lady in line that the breakfast was disgusting and she said it was worse last week, OMG, she came back??? It was thoroughly disgusting. Go to McDonalds down the street.
The hot tub needed a good cleaning too. The scum was so dirty floating on the top of it.

I will not stay here again. Spend the money and stay elsewhere. I booked at the last minute and this was all I could find. Live and learn.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Roberta B
mi702, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Thank you for your response. We are always upgrading the hotel. Every year we do some more remodeling. New wallpaper is in our future.
I’m happy to say that the attached restaurant is under new management. This is very recent. There has been a huge improvement of the quality of food and service as well as some very serious deep cleaning.
Please come back and try us again.