1,174 results
All reviews anne marie lawcus farm kells priory highlight of our trip kings river hand drawn map local pub baby lamb guinea pigs stone room goat wonderful hosts irish countryside porridge stayed longer feed the animals family suite
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I went here with my family during August and it was beautiful! The quaint farm house definitely made me think of Middle Earth and the Shire. Anne Marie and Mark are both great and make you feel like you are at home. When you go there, make sure to ask them about places around town, they are both super knowledgeable! I could have spent my whole day there on the farm with all the animals though, especially their cute dogs Bruce and Bilbo. Definitely a must see place while in Ireland that you will never forget.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2016

We had a wonderful stay here recently. We booked the treehouse. It's a little walk away from the main house so it feels very secluded and a bit magic! The farm is wonderful, the breakfasts were huge and delicious, the owners are really, really lovely and the nearby town was also full of nice pubs and friendly people. Can't recommend it highly enough. I look forward to returning some time (soon)!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Owners Mark and Annemarie make you feel like friends coming over for a visit. This was our last nights stay after staying at some of Ireland's finest places like Ashford Castle and Sheen Falls Lodge and it was equally unique and wonderful place.
Visited vibrant Kilkenny nearby and ate like a king. Then I fished in the morning for brown trout ( no luck!) before a fabulous breakfast by the gracious Annemarie so it was a perfect end to our Irish highlight reel trip. Definitely a place to come back too!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank gregory3w
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Beautiful charming rooms in a stone farm house with a river and large pond right outside our rooms. Mark and Anne Marie are the perfect hosts. Delicious Irish breakfast. We loved the sheep and other farm animals. Gorgeous setting. Want to go back and spend more time there.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve and Trici... M
Reviewed 24 August 2016

This tranquil place is a true respite from daily travels. There were 4 of us and we were welcomed beautifully. Anne Marie was like family with her engaging and friendly ways.
I wished we had stayed an extra night. It left us wanting!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends