“Where's The Beef”

Ichiban Japanese Bistro and Steakhouse
Ranked #66 of 96 Restaurants in Grand Blanc
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Hubby and I went on a Friday night and shared a table with 5 other adults. 5 of us ordered steak and shrimp. The chef came out with his table of food he was about to prepare...the fried rice was great, then he started to cook the steaks, all 3 of the tiny 1/4 inch thick by 6 inch long and 3 inches wide steaks for 5 people. It was cooked well...all 3 bites that we each got. I actually thought that he was going to give us a little at a time, but nope that was it. For the price of the meal I was highly disappointed with the serving size. At Sagano's you have lots of left overs to take home for the same priced meal, didn't have any here.

4  Thank lexyd56

Reviewed 10 January 2013

The last 5 or 6 times my wife and I have visited, we have chosen to eat at the Sushi Bar side of the restaurant. The Sushi Roll prices are a good value and the ingredients are allways very fresh and tasty. The food value seems to be a bit better on the Sushi Bar side of the restaurant.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

When you come in, you need to make a choice. Will you be dining at the sushi bar area, or at the japanese grill? I've visited this place a few times and have eaten at both sides. This review will focus on my latest visit at the japanese grill. My wife and I came here for lunch. We both ordered the chicken breast lunch. A couple other diners were at this table. One ordered shrimp, one ordered a combo of chicken and shrimp. I noticed that the shrimp lunch came with only 5 bitesize pieces. The chicken breasts were large, and a better portion size. Because my wife and I ordered the cheapest meal option, the server kept trying to upsell us on pricier options, particularly the fried rice. One of the other diners ordered this, and later admitted that she wished that she stayed with the plain white rice. The cook was very professional with the preparation "show", and was flawless with his routine (always fun to watch). Just as good as a very pricey Bennihanna type experience at about a third of the cost.